: 114.3mm wheels on 115mm lugs?

2k1SLS_HO
03-24-04, 11:54 AM
Hey guys,

I saw that there has been one thread on this topic here, but I wonder if anyone has any new ideas.

I'm in love with the Motegi FF7 18" wheels in black (pic at http://www.wheelsite.com/wheelpics/blackff72lg.jpg ). Tell me those wouldn't look badass on a black SLS. Anyway, they are available in the standard 4.5" (114.3mm) lug pattern, but my 2001 SLS has a 115mm pattern. A fellow selling a set on ebay says he has had past success installing this lug pattern on cadillacs, and guarantees they will work (and is willing to send return shipping labels along with the wheels he's so confident). My brother who manages a car shop says that his wheel guy says they will "probably" work, but he doesn't know for sure.

At this point I'm sorely tempted because I *really* like those wheels. How worried should I be about the 65mph shakes that happen with some tires on Sevilles? I'm almost certainly going to wrap those wheels in BFG G-Force 235/50R18 all-seasons, if that matters.

So is there anyone out there running 114.3's on their 115 caddy? Help me!

Thanks in advance.

S10xGN
03-24-04, 02:03 PM
They'll work. At least they're working for me, as we have Exel "Radius" 18 x 7.5's with the 114.3 pattern on our '04 CTS. No spacers needed, no hub-centric rings, and NO vibration. I got ours from Wheelmax in Miami. Just FYI, Discount Tire here locally said they will NOT install 114.3 wheels on a 115 pattern (due to some possible legal concerns, I reckon).

HTH,