: Disengaging AWD

STS2002
03-20-07, 08:26 AM
Ok...so you all are probably thinking...Why the hell would I want to do this??? Well I purchased the car when I was living in Michigan where AWD was needed and now I live in Florida and don't need it. Is it worth it to have it done and is it even possible? Any insight would be appreciated. :)

c5 rv
03-20-07, 11:37 AM
I don't think it's possible. It's fulltime AWD. So, you're now living in Florida with a black / black AWD STS. I'd get someone back here to buy your car and then you buy a more climate-appropriate ride.

Caroutisine
03-21-07, 08:02 AM
Even if it was possible, I don't think it wouldn't be worth it. It would cost money and time and would not add any value to your car. The AWD is an option that makes your car more valueable in any market, even Florida. If you want RWD, it may be easier to trade your AWD STS for a new (or used) STS with RWD. Maybe a used STS-V if you are looking for more performance in a RWD configuration? With all the electronic systems in these cars, making the front wheels not turn would just be the start. You have a nice car as is, you just can't burn rubber...No big deal :)

Zig28
03-25-07, 10:33 AM
Don't forget, AWD works for wet/slippery conditions also, and I lived in Orlando and we had plenty of that, especially when it rained after being dry for a long time and the oils and gunk were left on the road.
Ziggy.

997tt
03-25-07, 01:40 PM
i'll trade you my 05 17k miles + cash if you want.