: Cadillac Truckin'

Cadillac Giovanni
03-20-07, 01:37 AM
I had no idea the high torque of a 307 could make up for it's lack in horsepower so much...

This weekend i was at a friends house, and his driveway is hellish. 300 feet long, and dirt. With all the rain and snow we had, the puddles in it were easily over 6 inches at their deepest. My brougham had no trouble with it, but my buddy's girlfriend was showing up, and she was afraid that if she went too deep, her 87 Toyota Camry would suck water. Unfortunately, she tried to go around a puddle and ended up just driving into pure, unpacked mud on the side of the driveway. By the time i got there, they had already sunk the car in to it's front bumper.

My pal and his girlfriend seemed dead set on pushing it out and putting a board under the wheel. All they were doing was getting dirty. I went off and found a small rope maybe half an inch thick, and tied it to my car, and then tied it to hers, the rocker panels almost submerged. Not expecting to be able to yank her out, with the rest of the driveway being rather slushy still, i decided it was better than getting dirty.

Me and the ol' Caddy gave it a go, and after spinning the tires through the layer of slush, they dug into the dirt, and yanked that Toyota out of there with a tenacity that i imagined only a 4x4 pickup could have managed.

So I was amazed at the power the car showed with that load behind it, but really i was more amazed that the skinny little rope i had could handle being tethered between a Cadillac and a Toyota stuck in the mud.

DPGC23
03-23-07, 01:56 AM
Hahaha
Thats A Dope Story

Dont Underestimate The Power Of The Fleetwood

Dpgc23

DopeStar 156
03-23-07, 03:21 AM
It really surprises you doesn't it? I did the same thing a couple years ago when my dad got his old 6-Cyl Mustang stuck on my grandma's lawn.....