: National Geographics "Lock Down" or MSNBC "Lock Up"

Rey Rey 650
03-19-07, 11:23 PM
Just kind of curious..... Do any of you guys watch these shows on prisoners? Kinda interesting :food-snacking:

Rolex
03-19-07, 11:49 PM
I've watched the Discovery Channels programs on supermax prisons. Scary stuff IMO. I know I never want to end up there. :rolleyes: The program I watched did a spot on a particular inmate that spent his time reading legal books and filing frivilous lawsuits that cost taxpayers big $$$ defending them. :mad: :want:

Rey Rey 650
03-20-07, 12:32 AM
I've watched the Discovery Channels programs on supermax prisons. Scary stuff IMO. I know I never want to end up there. :rolleyes: The program I watched did a spot on a particular inmate that spent his time reading legal books and filing frivilous lawsuits that cost taxpayers big $$$ defending them. :mad: :want:

Yea, Its a trip how these prisoners do there thing.... Must be crazy to be a correction guard for adults...

rblimas
03-20-07, 12:44 AM
MSNBC Lock Up:D

Spyder
03-20-07, 02:01 AM
I tested for California Department of Corrections. At the time, I didn't want the job. Now I wish I'da taken it. Promotions are going like crazy right now for folks that have been in it for a year or two. Lots of retiring folks = lots of management positions!

dkozloski
03-20-07, 12:15 PM
They need to take the jailbirds to Attu or Kiska Island and dump'em out. Let'em assault each other and try to live off the land. You don't see a lot of guys trying to get into Joe Arpaio's jail. Name another prison official that gets autograph requests from prisoners. The meal budget for the guard dogs is $1.10 a day. The prisoners eat on $.90.

Spyder
03-20-07, 12:50 PM
I agree with Dkoz...Lifers, murderers, rapists and the like...dump 'em and forget 'em. Give 'em a barrel of wheat seeds and an old fishing pole.

I smell a thread closure here.

dkozloski
03-20-07, 01:31 PM
I agree with Dkoz...Lifers, murderers, rapists and the like...dump 'em and forget 'em. Give 'em a barrel of wheat seeds and an old fishing pole.

I smell a thread closure here.
One of the factors involving child molesters is the prison system. Back in the day, child molesters didn't come out of the prison system alive. The prisoners who themselves had children on the outside made sure of that. A prison sentence for a child molester was a defacto death sentence. The bleeding hearts have insisted that these creeps be protected and the now kids are the victims of the most vile predators on earth.

Spyder
03-20-07, 01:58 PM
Yea, I know...one of the good things about 'back in the day.'

JimHare
03-20-07, 02:18 PM
They need to take the jailbirds to Attu or Kiska Island and dump'em out. Let'em assault each other and try to live off the land. You don't see a lot of guys trying to get into Joe Arpaio's jail. Name another prison official that gets autograph requests from prisoners. The meal budget for the guard dogs is $1.10 a day. The prisoners eat on $.90.

Agreed. Although by no means overly familiar with the legal system, it seems to me that one breeding ground for career criminals is the prison system - some kid goes in for 3 to 5 on an assault, gets trained in "D Block", and comes out in 18 months with even more virulent anti-social skills and vastly decreased sensitivity to the general public.

I could never understand mixing some poor schlumpf who screwed up one time sticking up a 7-11 with a water pistol, in with the lifers, psychotics, and mentally ill prisoners as mentors.

Rey Rey 650
03-20-07, 10:25 PM
I heard that there was a cool episode of lockdown in Alaska...Did you watch that Koz?

dkozloski
03-20-07, 11:31 PM
I heard that there was a cool episode of lockdown in Alaska...Did you watch that Koz?
When I was in high school I worked in a custom machine shop. The federal jail was right across the street. I used to go over there regularly to work on cell locks and the like. The jailhouse cook was famous for the grub she turned out. It didn't take me long to figure out where all the losers were going to wind up.

Not too long ago a guy tried to break a couple of his buddies out of the state jail with a big front end loader. Instead of getting them out he's inside now staring at a $200,000 restitution order. Just another loser.