: New GM Super LockPick

zx6racer
03-19-07, 04:38 PM
Gen 3 Super LockPick...

http://www.coastaletech.com/SUPERGMLOCKPICK.htm

benamaster
03-20-07, 02:30 PM
I wonder if anyone here has tried it yet? I'd like to know if they finally worked the bugs out.

MarkofSanRamon
03-20-07, 05:27 PM
Ordered mine today....

hcvone
03-20-07, 05:40 PM
Not over the first two bad ones yet. :(

zx6racer
03-20-07, 06:30 PM
I think Im going to get one.

nofinga911
03-20-07, 08:05 PM
how does it install? it says plug and play...anyone know anymore specifics?>

yourgmsolutions
03-21-07, 09:20 AM
for those who still wants to get Gen 3 Super LockPick. I've seen a group buy going on, on Tahoe forum. looks like coastal is giving them a special price on it

The GM Lockpick GEN3 will be $219.00 plus shipping.

The GM Super Lockpick will be $239.00 plus shipping,

http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_26392/mpage_8/tm.htm

nofinga911
03-21-07, 11:47 AM
for those who still wants to get Gen 3 Super LockPick. I've seen a group buy going on, on Tahoe forum. looks like coastal is giving them a special price on it

The GM Lockpick GEN3 will be $219.00 plus shipping.

The GM Super Lockpick will be $239.00 plus shipping,

http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_26392/mpage_8/tm.htm

could i still be part of the group buy even though my order would be for an escalade?

///MB
03-21-07, 07:51 PM
They are shipping me out a replacement unit for my gen 2 lockpick. I hope they send me the gen 3 and that it has the service rear vision system error fixed. I should get it on friday.

yourgmsolutions
03-25-07, 03:05 AM
anybody from So Cal wants to try a lock pick?
just recieived a new prototype and want to try it. guys who sent hat piece,swored to me, that no bugs in their module
no money involved,

hcvone
03-25-07, 06:27 AM
GMG, let us know how it works once you find a truck to put it in. :)

ejholt
03-25-07, 08:06 AM
I see the GEN3 has a manual or automatic feature. Do you still have to press the steering wheel or window down buttons to activate functions? If so, do you just do this once or everytime you turn the Escalade on & off? Thanks!

Russ In SD
03-28-07, 12:17 AM
anybody from So Cal wants to try a lock pick?
just recieived a new prototype and want to try it. guys who sent hat piece,swored to me, that no bugs in their module
no money involved,

gm, If you are still looking for someone to try out the prototype pm me.

yourgmsolutions
03-28-07, 12:31 AM
gm, If you are still looking for someone to try out the prototype pm me.

I sent you PM

Killertraylor
03-28-07, 11:43 AM
I just ordered mine. Any updates from those who have installed them?

nhernandez1616
03-28-07, 09:22 PM
OK, I know i might sound like a Newb but is this going to screw thing up with any warranties. I have seen old post(probably old versions) about it screwing with peoples screens and nav. They never said if their screens were completely shot or if it they got things straighted out after they disconnected the lockpick. I know there is no cutting its plug and play but when i go into a dealer for work will they give me crap and show me the door?

All the history with the LockPicks make it sound real sketchy.

If I sound like a dumb newb. My apologies ahead of time.

Thanks,
NH

yourgmsolutions
03-29-07, 01:08 AM
I would say, any one with lockpicks, before go to the dealer for any services, disconnect that thing.
I've seen a few GM bulletens for dealers already, talking about those lockpicks

vutony8
03-29-07, 04:48 AM
Will this work for the 04 escalades too? I read the site but still not sure. TIA...oh and gm_geek, let me know if you're still looking for someone to test it on. I'm in OC.

hcvone
03-29-07, 07:12 AM
I would say, any one with lockpicks, before go to the dealer for any services, disconnect that thing.
I've seen a few GM bulletens for dealers already, talking about those lockpicks

I saw that too about warranty issues with customers with lockpick type units. :(

nofinga911
04-03-07, 05:40 PM
any word on how its working out? with the bugs and all...

///MB
04-03-07, 08:47 PM
I received a replacement from costal last tuesday and swapped the module from our gen 2 to the new gen 3. I'm assuming the wiring harness is the same and doesn't need to be replaced. So far it's been good with no "service rear vision" errors. I'll keep you posted if I have any problems.

ejholt: Yes you still need to press the window lock button 4 times to enter nav destinations and scroll through XM categories. Also, after you push it 4xs it only stays in that mode for like 30 seconds. After that, you have to press 4xs again. The auto/manual setting is for watching DVDs.

GM Geek: About removing the lockpick when going in for service... I'm assuming you mean if you have any problems with the nav or anything in the dash right? It would be a lot of hassle to take it out for every oil change.

cadymon
04-04-07, 12:00 AM
I received a replacement from costal last tuesday and swapped the module from our gen 2 to the new gen 3. I'm assuming the wiring harness is the same and doesn't need to be replaced. So far it's been good with no "service rear vision" errors. I'll keep you posted if I have any problems.

ejholt: Yes you still need to press the window lock button 4 times to enter nav destinations and scroll through XM categories. Also, after you push it 4xs it only stays in that mode for like 30 seconds. After that, you have to press 4xs again. The auto/manual setting is for watching DVDs.

GM Geek: About removing the lockpick when going in for service... I'm assuming you mean if you have any problems with the nav or anything in the dash right? It would be a lot of hassle to take it out for every oil change.

did coastal give you a free replacement.

Denny M 2007
04-04-07, 12:05 PM
Are you able to adjust the volume while moving and watching a DVD?

///MB
04-13-07, 02:50 AM
did coastal give you a free replacement.

Yes, I had emailed back and forth with them about the rear vision error and they said they would send out a replacement. This was right at the time they released the 3rd gen. I think it says on their site that the 2nd gen owners get a free upgrade anyway.

Also, just to give you guys in update, so far I haven't had any problems with the 3rd gen module.

///MB
04-13-07, 02:51 AM
Are you able to adjust the volume while moving and watching a DVD?

Yes.

nofinga911
04-13-07, 06:06 AM
Yes.

can you dial phone calls while driving?

hcvone
04-13-07, 07:20 AM
I can dial the phone while moving and do not have the Lockpick. :confused:

///MB
04-13-07, 03:58 PM
can you dial phone calls while driving?

I don't know, since I don't use the On Star phone.

nhernandez1616
04-15-07, 09:39 AM
So far i like what I'm hearing about the gen 3...Anyone else having good or bad luck with their gen 3?

MB - Thanks for the updates. Most people get their stuff and forget about the boards.

///MB
04-16-07, 08:59 PM
No prob. You guys have been a great help for me. I'm glad I can return the favor and add some input.

0_111_Ext
04-17-07, 03:41 AM
I'll try in in my 07 Ext. I have the previous version plus an uninstalled Onstar/bluetooth lockoick.'I dont know if i can have both these installed concurrently....
Reply appreciated

nofinga911
04-17-07, 09:45 AM
I ordered the super lockpick for dvd/nav/onstar etc. and should be recieving it either today or tomorrow....i will let you guys know how it works out...

yourgmsolutions
04-17-07, 03:13 PM
I have a favor to ask
for those who's got lock_picks with problems,
can You disconnect GPS antenna for a day or two and see if any improvements with lock picks.
I was testing prototype lock pick for STS that comes with GPS antenna disable (STS Nav has a gyro sensor built in)
customer of my with Escalade was going on 1000 + miles trip on his 07 Escalade and it was perfect oportunity to check one for Escalade with GPS antenna disable function.
Not a single glitch during his trip. Also he was able to use volume control on his Nav Radio while in lock pick mode. when he came back from his trip, I took away GPS antenna disable module and just left lock_pick in the vehicle. less then hour later he called me and said that he's got problems with XM and tire pressure monitors........

ejholt
04-17-07, 06:45 PM
Hi,

Just got my super lock pick today. How long of an install is this? Thanks!