: Anyone become an O&A fan after getting XM in thier car?

xshrpshtr
03-19-07, 02:56 PM
I never hear anything about them on here but I was wondering how many closet fans there were? I don't drive my car much but sometimes I jump in and drive just to hear some hilarity(oh, and the looks of envy are nice too) Some of the people on here sound like they are partyers...thought maybe there was an underground cts/O&A fan base?:alchi:

mikesharon
03-19-07, 05:10 PM
I have sirius not XM so I cant listen to them. I use to be a huge fan of theirs back when they where on WAAF ( Local station here in Boston )

They do a morning broadcast on several stations until 9:00am I think on WBCN ( Another Local Station in Boston ) I listen to it here and there but with Sirius I seldomly listen to the normal radio.

Anyway O&A are extremely funny and do some crazy stuff.

mattkeavs
03-19-07, 05:25 PM
I've listened, but was never a big fan of thiers, not even back in the WAAF days. I should also mention that I pulled XM out of the car and had the Sirius reciever put in. I had both for a while, but never listened to XM so i got rid of it.

Night Wolf
03-19-07, 06:09 PM
I've had XM for a couple years. I really don't use it much, but I should.

I had it set up really nice in the Coupe, I just have it rigged up in the Isuzu tho.

Honestly between the awesome radio stations here and my MP3's, there is no point for it... but I still have it... probably get rid of it soon, who knows.

Spyder
03-19-07, 06:31 PM
O&M? Explain.

malcolm
03-19-07, 06:54 PM
O and A are nuts, had them on WNEW free till they got canned. Went to a Dice Clay show in the city that they hosted at the Beacon. There were so many girls WOWing it was hard to watch the show, there were tities everywhere.

Blackout
03-19-07, 07:09 PM
O&A blow. I've listened to their show since Howard has gone to satellite and I am amazed that they even have any listeners. Howard Stern > O&A

Night Wolf
03-19-07, 07:34 PM
oh, the opie and anthony thing?

I never even listened to it once... well, I did when flipping, cause XM made a big stink about it... I wasn't into it anyway

Jesda
03-19-07, 08:23 PM
I love O&A! My tuner almost never changes from 202.

Florian
03-19-07, 10:49 PM
Im all about the 202....I was a fan when they were afternoon drive here in Cleve. b4 they got canned for "sex for sam'....good stuff, and Norton is a big asset! Ron and Fez are just as good!

F

Spyder
03-20-07, 01:18 AM
Blackout...

They blow and you don't know how they still have an audience...
...and yet you've listened to them since Howard went elsewhere?

Makes sense to me! :)

Blackout
03-20-07, 06:12 AM
Blackout...

They blow and you don't know how they still have an audience...
...and yet you've listened to them since Howard went elsewhere?

Makes sense to me! :)I've had my Sirius for over 2 years now and I've never really listened to regular radio since. I listened to O&A a couple times when I was driving my parents car since they don't have Sirius and I was just amazed as to how crappy their show is. I literally did not laugh once while listening to them for 30 min. And they don't have an audience at all on XM. I mean if they were booming over on XM then why would they also broadcast them on regular radio as well? I heard that O&A literally brought a couple thousand subscribers and that's about it

Jesda
03-20-07, 03:10 PM
Hoo hoo! Take off your top! Hoo hoo!

Florian
03-20-07, 10:27 PM
Tell em Fred! Hoo hoo..

F

dkozloski
03-21-07, 06:49 PM
Mindless prattle for dimwits.

Spyder
03-21-07, 07:04 PM
Must be why I've never heard of 'em.

:D

railven
03-21-07, 07:36 PM
I've had my Sirius for over 2 years now and I've never really listened to regular radio since. I listened to O&A a couple times when I was driving my parents car since they don't have Sirius and I was just amazed as to how crappy their show is. I literally did not laugh once while listening to them for 30 min. And they don't have an audience at all on XM. I mean if they were booming over on XM then why would they also broadcast them on regular radio as well? I heard that O&A literally brought a couple thousand subscribers and that's about it

They got canned from regular radio and signed a contract with XM where they could be explicit. Their audience followed them to XM and regular air stations, CBS, saw a lucrative show and signed them up and they get broadcasted across the nation through local stations, ala WBCN in Boston, and etc.

So they have a rather large audience because they aren't exclusive to just XM, as Howard is to Sirius.

It is good to note that XM stock, and over all value, is higher then Sirius and if the merger don't go through experts are predicting Sirius to go belly up. Howard's contract really but a strain on the company and with the IPOD exploding sales weren't as strong as they had expect.

I just started listening to O&A when I switched over to the morning shift and they are hilarious. I loved their Rocky skit they did last week in reference to that New York Editor who challenged that guy who beat the old ladies up. "I can handle this Rocky." haha that had me laughing so hard I almost crashed.

My only real complain is their constant bitching about their lack of support from their PD. It seemed like they did that a lot last month.

Norton is incredible, I'm going to try to catch him when he comes to Boston.

I wonder what he'll name his book.

bostonbastid
05-03-07, 05:49 PM
put xm in my car just for o&a been down since aaf, ramone get these non o&a fans the hiv

Blackout
05-03-07, 06:40 PM
put xm in my car just for o&a been down since aaf, ramone get these non o&a fans the hivDidn't they score a 0.1 in the ratings? lol