: New Member.

Swancoat
04-25-03, 12:58 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Currently I drive a BMW 328Ci and I love it, but I was browsing the Cadillac site and saw the CTS-V and am VERY interested. I thought I'd come check out the CTS scene. You look like you have a pretty decent forum here.

Jeremy

Ralph
04-25-03, 01:51 AM
Welcome Dude, better lose the Beamer and get a real car! LOL

kcnewell
04-25-03, 02:21 AM
Don't laugh so hard Ralphie.....You were right!

Ralph
04-25-03, 03:56 AM
Ya, but good thing he doesn't have the M3, 'cause he might shut us up fast....................na.

kcnewell
04-25-03, 04:26 AM
Might shut you up......Won't work with me!

BeelzeBob
04-25-03, 09:08 AM
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome aboard! Don't mind these guys - we know BMW makes amazing automobiles - we just like to play rough. The 328Ci is a real nice car. What year is it? Are you thinking about the CTS-v? That'll probably be the best version for you as it'll have a special handling package and will be VERY fast...

Thanks for signing up!

BeelzeBob
04-25-03, 09:22 AM
P.S. If this guy didn't know any better, he'd think we were a bunch of babies who didn't have any respect for anyone but Cadillac owners and enthusiasts. Even though this impression was certainly not intended (but was most certainly perceived), I'd rather not ever give anyone the impression that this may be the case. So please refrain from criticizing newcomers in any regards - atleast until they understand our stupendous sense of humor...

Thank you,

Sal Collaziano

Katshot
04-25-03, 09:34 AM
Welcome aboard,
Are you thinking of jumping ship on BMW? Either way, the CTSv is bound to be the best American car to steal owners like yourself from European marques. I don't even like the CTS but this car has me interested ;)

elwesso
04-25-03, 07:08 PM
Welcome aboard!

Swancoat
04-25-03, 07:15 PM
Don't worry about giving me the wrong impression. I'm a member of a few other boards and I always see these guys join up with 'the other' cars and get razzed. Par for the course. Have fun - I'm a good sport, I can take it.

Katshot: Yeah, the CTS-V is why I'm here. That thing looks nuts. Honestly - I love my car but 400 HP is 400 HP. Can anyone here point me to either some links or pictures of simple CTS mods. I'm kind of looking for subtle stuff here. I'd like to see how it looks with some tinted windows, maybe a little lower, different wheels, etc. Not looking for the Honda Civic style wings or anything.

One more thing: In my quick look-over of the site, I see some ragging on the manual transmission. Can someone give me the Cole's Notes version of what everyone doesn't like about it. Don't need to hear the whole argument (I'll look into it in depth later).

Thanks guys - Glad to be here.

Jeremy

JerseyGirl
04-25-03, 07:52 PM
Welcome Jeremy...I gotta ask...what's with name? :banana:

Swancoat
04-25-03, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by JerseyGirl
Welcome Jeremy...I gotta ask...what's with name? :banana:

It's my last name. I use it as a user id on other boards and everyone asks me what's with my 'whacked out id'. lol

Jeremy

JerseyGirl
04-25-03, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Swancoat
It's my last name. I use it as a user id on other boards and everyone asks me what's with my 'whacked out id'. lol

Jeremy

Oh cool last name! Jeremy Swancoat...lol....sounds like a musicians name...or actors name.
And here comes...........Jeremy Swaaaaaaaaaaancoat!!!!!!:histeric:

Katshot
04-25-03, 10:23 PM
That's not nice ;)
Actually Jeremy, I believe you're referring to the thread in the Fleetwood section concerning a friend of mine who installed a T56 in his Fleetwood?
If that's the one, the point was just that a 6-speed stick made little sense as a performance upgrade in a '96 Fleetwood. Of course this degraded into a debate about manual vs. auto transmissions. It went all over creation and back and never actually solved anything because the guys with actual technical and track experience were getting nowhere against the non-technical guys that just kept ranting about how everything with a stick is faster than evrything with a stick.......It was ugly really ;)

JerseyGirl
04-25-03, 10:35 PM
I wasn't being mean...I was just playing a little...jeez... ;)

Ralph
04-27-03, 03:29 AM
Sorry if ya thought I was razzing ya, just having some fun Jeremy. PS I think there are a lot more BMW's in Alberta because of the oil industry there. We have a dealership for them in Saskatoon, but there seem to still be more American cars here.

Astronomer
04-27-03, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the forum. It's good that you have learned to lighten up a bit...it's not like ancient Rome here where the "Forum" was a place where you could be literally thrown to the lions for dissent from the prevailing opinion. Here we like to make you tasty first :burn: