: Fog Light Replacement

jorozco
03-19-07, 08:53 AM
HELP!...Anybody have pictures or instructions on changing the yellow turn signal lights on a 2006 SRX. I blew the drivers side and don't know how to replace.
Thanks in advance for you responses.

airbalancer
03-19-07, 11:58 AM
Check with your dealer they may do it for free

KMO
03-19-07, 12:26 PM
They will do it for free under warranty. If you are out of warranty... well... I have no pictures, but this has been in other posts. I just did mine about 3 weeks ago.
Follow what your owners manaual says, with one exception... don't remove the front facia, remove the front tire and the front inner wheel well cover. You will be able to get at it from inside the wheel well and top down from the hood. There are only two screws in the housing (one at the bottom, one on the side of the housing toward centerline of the vehicle, the outer side is hinged (plastic tabs).

TSS
03-19-07, 03:43 PM
Just Confirming dealer should cover it. Dealer just replaced a brake light bulb in my wife's 2001 CPO SLS under warrantee!

jorozco
03-19-07, 04:15 PM
This helps alot. A have pictures for replacing the bulb on a CTS I was able to find on this site. Based on your reply, I can put 2+2 together and determine that its the same as the CTS.

Thanks a bunch.

P.S. I'm under warranty but I figure I can change a light bulb. It will save me the drive and waiting period at the dealer.

TSS
03-19-07, 04:58 PM
BUT:

1. you will have to pay for the bulb itself; If I recall, fog light bulbs can be costly.
2. you could just wait until the car actually needed to go in for something to get the bulb replaced - it is not like a brake light which needs immediate attention.

good luck whatever you decide...

jorozco
03-28-07, 09:01 AM
Thank you.

driley97
04-01-07, 10:14 PM
Before replacing the bulb, make sure it's not just the connection between the socket and the harness. I had a right front turn signal lamp replaced only to have it go out again---turned out to be the contacts on the side of the bulb not making contact with the socket. You can fix this problem by carefully inserting a small knife blade under the wires on the base of the bulb and prying them up slightly so that they make bettr contact. The 2004 model has six star-head screws, and it's not easy to get to them. No need to remove the front facia, however---just turn the wheel all the way in and take a few of the fasteners from the wheel well cover---hold it out of the way with a bungee cord.

Dick

Gerasimos
04-07-07, 01:58 PM
Thanks for describing the turn signal bulb replacement process. I did it the "facia removal method" and it was not fun.