: Members Opinions Needed

Lord Cadillac
03-18-07, 06:48 PM
Hello Loungers.. To make a long story short, I've come to respect your opinions and constructive criticisms - thus, the reason I'm asking this question....

This is a new automotive news portal where you can read the latest information on every make and model in the industry - and post thoughts and opinions in regards - in a setting we're all familiar with...

Please let me know what you think of the project as it stands - and tell me what YOU would like to see as improvements. This site is only likely to interest the serious automotive enthusiast...

http://www.automotivemessageboard.com

Sandy
03-18-07, 07:58 PM
It's certainly up to date, as I just heard of the 2008/09 ending of the Jeep Commander, and it IS on there, allready.

It's such a big site, that I, personally speaking, would probably not go there. Big & overpowering and just too much to read. Besides here, I have 6 other sites I visit 3X a day. More that THAT, I can't handle. Regarding the site, 'ya it's very good & something for everyone. It will certainly be appreciated by the retired and the home ill groups. I would have to visit Cadillac, Buick, Pontiac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury & Ford ~ every 8 hours. No can do! (When it goes into production, don't forget to add Imperial !!!! (It will not be a "Chrysler" it will have a seperate make, VIN and will be a distinct & seperate franchise.)

Nice site, for those who do not have obligations & work, or college strudies.

Lord Cadillac
03-18-07, 08:12 PM
Thank you! It IS a LARGE site and I think it would be less intimidating if you take a look at this post:

http://www.automotivemessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=1462

That'll help, for sure... Regarding "something for everyone" - awesome. That's what we're going for. I think you're right about those with "time" being the main target. There IS a lot to read, so. One may be sucked-in with all the information..

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-07, 09:37 PM
Cool site, I like how you consolidated every make into one site. Now is this gonna be news only or a place where people can come to discuss their cars and pose questions regarding their car for others to answer?

Sandy
03-18-07, 09:54 PM
"" Tip #1 - Hiding Categories You're Not Interested In

At the right side of every category, there's a button that'll allow you to close/hide the categories that don't interest you. This will clean-up the screen and display only the information you want to see. ""

THAT IS EXACTLY MY PROBLEM! I CAN'T HIDE ANY!! I'M INTERESTED IN THEM ALL !! I AM A CAR PERSON !! {I NEED HELP }} :worship: (I'D GO WITH Alfa, Masserati, GM, Ford, Chrysler & American Motors Corporation).

Lord Cadillac
03-18-07, 10:49 PM
Thank you. This is going to be both. When all is said and done, it's going to be a place where you can go for the latest news, discussions in regards to the latest news, and questions & answers just like any other car forum (like CadillacOwners, for example).

In other words, the ultimate automobile news portal and discussion forum. Is it a good idea? I think so. Will it work? That's up to the people who visit.

I'd like to present people with an excellent first impression. It's not going to be easy...

Cool site, I like how you consolidated every make into one site. Now is this gonna be news only or a place where people can come to discuss their cars and pose questions regarding their car for others to answer?

Lord Cadillac
03-18-07, 10:52 PM
Oh! Okay! I totally get ya now.. Yeah, I know how you feel. I couldn't hide anything either. So.. I do see how the site could be a real problem for enthusiasts! That's funny - and not so funny. Imagine? A site that never takes off because if it did - it would consume too much time for the serious automobile enthusiast? :p Damn! :D

"" Tip #1 - Hiding Categories You're Not Interested In

At the right side of every category, there's a button that'll allow you to close/hide the categories that don't interest you. This will clean-up the screen and display only the information you want to see. ""

THAT IS EXACTLY MY PROBLEM! I CAN'T HIDE ANY!! I'M INTERESTED IN THEM ALL !! I AM A CAR PERSON !! {I NEED HELP }} :worship: (I'D GO WITH Alfa, Masserati, GM, Ford, Chrysler & American Motors Corporation).

Sandy
03-18-07, 11:04 PM
Sal, am I getting an idea here?

Eventually, this site will be folded into that site? Ummmm ??

You will remember to add an Imperial portal to the Chrysler site, Yes?
I herewith offer to be the Mod of it. We only had 29 of them in my immediate family and an additional 8 to 10 among relations.....and I have every brochure ever printed on them from 1957 to 1993. I am also "gumbas" with the curator of the Imperial Historical Collection at the Chrysler Historical Archives in Michigan.........:prettyplease:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-07, 11:07 PM
Sal, I think if you don't put Imperial in there, Sandy will leave the forums. :p

Lord Cadillac
03-18-07, 11:10 PM
Actually, this new site was created as a way to possibly fund this site. Depending on exactly what we can do to monetize THAT site, this site could become ad-less at one point or another. It's a long story..

OTHERWISE... I'm creating an Imperial section over there right now. As soon as you sign up, I'll set you up as the owner of that area and you can run the show however you see fit. :)

Sal, am I getting an idea here?

Eventually, this site will be folded into that site? Ummmm ??

You will remember to add an Imperial portal to the Chrysler site, Yes?
I herewith offer to be the Mod of it. We only had 29 of them in my immediate family and an additional 8 to 10 among relations.....and I have every brochure ever printed on them from 1957 to 1993. I am also "gumbas" with the curator of the Imperial Historical Collection at the Chrysler Historical Archives in Michigan.........:prettyplease:

Lord Cadillac
03-18-07, 11:10 PM
Sal, I think if you don't put Imperial in there, Sandy will leave the forums. :p

Sandy will be the Imperial Magesty. :p

Lord Cadillac
03-18-07, 11:14 PM
Okay. I have a question. I have a "Chrysler Imperial" section in the Chrysler area. Should there be an "Imperial" section beneath the DaimlerChrysler area? In other words.. Imperial would be a top-brand like Mercedes-Benz, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge?

Sandy
03-19-07, 12:19 AM
OH !!! I didn't know you were asking us to sign up. I thought you just wanted our thiughts....I guess I missed something !

I will probably be the sole person on the Imperial part. I will post. I will answer myself. If I don't liike my answer I will delete it. Sounds like a 1 man show. How will I get folks to come over there ? Perhaps naked pictures of Imperials, like examples withOUT vinyl tops ?? Low Life sleezy pics of examples with cloth interior (I'm sorry). I dunno. Maybe I'll invite other cars with multiple " i " with 8 letters in their name, like InfInItI ~ IsaIda?
Got a feeling I'm gonna be lonely over there......I have a NOS 1968 Imperial headlight. Maybe I can have a raffle of sorts to give it away !:) Carry on.

I will sign up tomorrow!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-07, 12:30 AM
I'll come and talk Imperials with you too Sandy!

Imperials...the forgotten luxury car!

Lord Cadillac
03-19-07, 12:33 PM
If the place turns out to get busy - I'm sure we'll find some other Imperial fanatics.. It's just a matter of time..

Cadillacboy
03-19-07, 01:15 PM
Dear Sal,
Just a reminder in regards to Fomoco.You should add either Daimler or Van Den Plus Forum to Jaguar Models .
What else can be done ? Well you know Jaguar has other models as well .These are Mark Series ,Series I-II-III .You can add these models and what happens is that when you add those models is that Jaguar Forums is likely to look alike what Cadillac Forums looks lol.
I mean you can do something like that .
Current Jaguar Models :
PAst Jaguar Models :
XJ40
X300 etc
Damnit I better stop talking lol

Lord Cadillac
03-19-07, 01:20 PM
Okay, so you're saying "Daimler" is Ford, as in:
http://www.netcarshow.com/daimler/2005-super_eight/

Correct?

The whole "Past Models" idea came to mind, but I'd never get the site running if I were to take that one. I'd have to do it for every make, so.. It would take forever - literally...

Let me know how you'd have the Jaguar subforums setup and I'll recreate it over there. :)

Thank you!

Cadillacboy
03-19-07, 02:18 PM
Yes, it's correct :)
Daimler can't be marketed due to some marketing rules in the US that's why Jaguar called Daimler models as VDP in USA .
My sub forum setup would be like as follows :
Jaguar R Series
S Type R
XJR
XKR
Current Jaguar Models :
Jaguar X Type
Jaguar S Type
Jaguar XJ /Daimler/Van Den Plus
XK8

Past Jaguar Models :
Series I-II-III
XJ40
X300
Jaguar XJS
Mark Series (II,V,VII)
Future/Concept Models

That would be my setup .Sounds similar to this forum .It's a bit difficult job to add all these forums though .

Sal,sorry for making some troubles but thanks for your giving credits to me

Lord Cadillac
03-19-07, 02:31 PM
...there's an R-Series, an S-Series and then an S-Type-R? I'm not sure how I'd place that without it becoming very confusing to viewers..

Is there a simplified way you could list this in a format like the one I'm using already? Since I can't change the format to what we're doing here - what would be your best advice for the layout/format I'm already using there?

And is Van Den Plus it's own model? Or a badge for a model?

Also, I haven't started adding concept "makes" yet.. So unless "Daimler" by Ford Motor Company has a production vehicle, I'd rather keep that under wraps until something actually comes along...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-07, 02:52 PM
I think what he's trying to say is Daimler was a part of Jaguar's line back in the 50s and '60s, then it disappeared. I think he's trying to say that Daimler should be included in Jaguar's part, which is in FOMOCO's part.

Cadillacboy
03-19-07, 02:54 PM
That's where the shoe pinches ...You will add some models and subforums but you will keep it simple .I will have to think of that as well.
Sal,I will try to make my best advice for you :)
Van Den Plus is a rebadged and well equipped Sovereign in fact.But they call it Daimler In Europe and commonwealth.
So, it is siblings to Daimler and that's why Jaguar also called most luxurios models Daimler Majestic .(It's Fleetwood Brougham to Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance what does Jaguar VDP to Daimler Majestic )
More explicitly , VDP is the US Version to Daimler but still uses Jaguar emblem .(Daimler uses D as am emblem in steering wheel and on the grill).Daimler has its own emblem and owned by Jaguar since 1960 .
Model names are also different ...
Just an example :
Jaguar Vanden Plus XJ6 vs Daimler Six
Jaguar Vanden Plus XJ12 vs Daimler DoubleSix

Another tricky here we have .Van den Plus is not a brand but apperance package unlike Daimler .Daimler is a brand but under the wings of Jaguar .

Night Wolf
03-19-07, 02:58 PM
there no Isuzu section :(

now I feel left out :(

Its really neat tho, I'll definitly be able checking it out.

Cadillacboy
03-19-07, 03:42 PM
I am on the Jag page .Well I thought since adding all the models can make the forum too much complicated ,we will add model names without making new forums ...
BTW, I have to get it straight something that Daimler owned by Jaguar in 1960 not Ford but Ford owned Jaguar in 1990 .When we look at this picture ,Daimler as a brand indirectly owned by Ford .:)
My best suggestion on your current forum without changing all the outline ...

Jaguar S Type

Jaguar S Type

Jaguar S Type R

Jaguar X Type

Jaguar X Type

Jaguar XJ6

Jaguar XJ6 (Serie I-II-III),XJ40,X300 or
Jaguar XJ6 Series I-II-III
XJ40
X300

Jaguar XJ8

Jaguar XJ8 (X300 )

Jaguar Sports Car Forum

XJ220
XK8
XJS
XF

AlBundy
03-19-07, 06:31 PM
Seems like its going to be a great place. Not only will you get useful info but you will also get the entertainment part of it when different brands venture out of there forums to explore other forums without searching. Let the battles begin.

LLT
03-20-07, 08:19 PM
You need IPB, Sal. ;)

Lord Cadillac
03-21-07, 12:49 PM
Isuzu has been added...

there no Isuzu section :(

now I feel left out :(

Its really neat tho, I'll definitly be able checking it out.

Lord Cadillac
03-21-07, 12:54 PM
I made the most minor of changes but I stopped there because I don't want to start making subforums for actual models. As it stands, I have the owning group FORD, then JAGUAR and then Jaguar's MODELS. I don't want to have model subforums.. It's too deep as it is already.

This is, unfortunately, a bit too complicated for me at this time. I'm being worked to the bone by my "day job" and cannot concentrate on this long enough to make any serious changes.

Once the forum starts picking up - if it ever does - I will revisit the Jaguar section (hopefully by the request of members of that forum) and pick up where I've left off...

Thank you...

I am on the Jag page .Well I thought since adding all the models can make the forum too much complicated ,we will add model names without making new forums ...
BTW, I have to get it straight something that Daimler owned by Jaguar in 1960 not Ford but Ford owned Jaguar in 1990 .When we look at this picture ,Daimler as a brand indirectly owned by Ford .:)
My best suggestion on your current forum without changing all the outline ...

Jaguar S Type

Jaguar S Type

Jaguar S Type R

Jaguar X Type

Jaguar X Type

Jaguar XJ6

Jaguar XJ6 (Serie I-II-III),XJ40,X300 or
Jaguar XJ6 Series I-II-III
XJ40
X300

Jaguar XJ8

Jaguar XJ8 (X300 )

Jaguar Sports Car Forum

XJ220
XK8
XJS
XF

Lord Cadillac
03-21-07, 12:57 PM
You need IPB, Sal. ;)

Would you like me to just convert it over to one of your servers? I used one of my extra vBulletin licenses to get it going. But I think you're right. IPB would be a better choice...

Oh.. I haven't worked with IPB's RSS system. Would it work similarly to what I have happening there now?

Thank you...

Sandy
03-21-07, 07:09 PM
Okay. I have a question. I have a "Chrysler Imperial" section in the Chrysler area. Should there be an "Imperial" section beneath the DaimlerChrysler area? In other words.. Imperial would be a top-brand like Mercedes-Benz, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge?

YES, the 2nd way. I forgot to sign up, as I have been vcery very very very very very very busy with total B.S. in my life. Going to do so, now. Find it in your heart to forgive me Lord!

Sandy
03-21-07, 07:47 PM
I am registered and I am open - there's a big echo in there, however ! I dunno...

http://www.automotivemessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=4000

LLT
03-23-07, 12:11 AM
Would you like me to just convert it over to one of your servers? I used one of my extra vBulletin licenses to get it going. But I think you're right. IPB would be a better choice...

Oh.. I haven't worked with IPB's RSS system. Would it work similarly to what I have happening there now?

Thank you...

I was just busting your chops, but you know I'll be happy to help you/hook you up in any way I can, Sal. :D

The previous offer stands for the new site as well. The RSS is the same concept and supports both incoming and outgoing feeds.

Feel free to drop me an e-mail or PM.

Good luck either way... that should be a great site. I considered doing something similar myself but just never had/have the time.

Lord Cadillac
03-23-07, 11:24 AM
It's okay. You have to give it more than one day.. Most people don't even know the site exists yet. It'll take some time to get into search engines and pop up in conversations around the net... This site wasn't exactly busy after one day either. :p

I am registered and I am open - there's a big echo in there, however ! I dunno...

http://www.automotivemessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=4000

Lord Cadillac
03-23-07, 11:25 AM
Leaving you a PM...

V's-V
03-24-07, 08:30 PM
Absolutly a useful tool for auto enthusiast.:thumbsup: