: Am I beating my 07' too much?

nofinga911
03-18-07, 02:40 PM
I have an 07' ext with intake and predator programmer...I race a lot...drive fast ...burn out... fly through huge puddles...and spent a few hours yesterday doin donuts in the snow...think im working my truck to hard? o and by the way i rippedd a 300c hemi up until 90 by about 3 car lengths...then he slowly caught up and passed my by..but i couldnt beleive i even got in front of that thing!

DLE
03-18-07, 03:24 PM
dude, wayyyy too much imo.

But hey, if you have the money to fix it when it breaks, then keep it up.

Falkolade
03-18-07, 04:25 PM
no your fine... thats what the warranty is for... just get rid of your truck before 50k miles.

CadillacGrillz
03-18-07, 05:24 PM
hey just wondering whats the fastest u gone on the ext with the programmer
im getting tired of mine cutting off on 106

Pete Benson
03-18-07, 06:11 PM
I have an 07' ext with intake and predator programmer...I race a lot...drive fast ...burn out... fly through huge puddles...and spent a few hours yesterday doin donuts in the snow...think im working my truck to hard? o and by the way i rippedd a 300c hemi up until 90 by about 3 car lengths...then he slowly caught up and passed my by..but i couldnt beleive i even got in front of that thing!

Christ, why don't you just enter the damned thing in a demolition derby and get it over with?

John00879
03-19-07, 12:06 AM

It cuts off at 106? that sucks, i haven't had mine in triple digits yet, but i was looking forward to seeing if it would do the 160 indicated, 106 isnt nearly fast enough

hcvone
03-19-07, 06:57 AM
It cuts off at 106? that sucks, i haven't had mine in triple digits yet, but i was looking forward to seeing if it would do the 160 indicated, 106 isnt nearly fast enough

That is what hand held programmers are for, getting rid of the speed limiter. :)

hcvone
03-19-07, 07:00 AM

You will probably blow the trans first, with the weight of these trucks "doing burn outs" puts a lot of pressure on the trans. Driving fast is not a problem, of course "doin donuts" is a problem. :)

jordan00escalade
03-19-07, 07:36 AM
I think so.. Maybe you should get a beater, bucket, hooptie or something like that. donuts in a luxury vehicle, let alone an SUV does seem to be pushing it.

STEALTHBOMBER
03-19-07, 09:03 AM
it doesnt matter i do the same thing.... the truck is under warenty and unless your planning on keeping it past 100,000 do what ever you want... plus the fact that an escalade becomes a shit box with 100,000 miles anyway

Rolex
03-19-07, 10:49 AM

:xbs:
Internet posturing at its best. :bigroll:

nofinga911
03-19-07, 11:05 AM

so far 121 .... but thats only because i didnt have enough room left to push it anymore lol ....

nofinga911
03-19-07, 11:07 AM
You will probably blow the trans first, with the weight of these trucks "doing burn outs" puts a lot of pressure on the trans. Driving fast is not a problem, of course "doin donuts" is a problem. :)

true but it doesnt snow much in nyc ... and i only did the donuts once...so farr

nofinga911
03-19-07, 11:08 AM
it doesnt matter i do the same thing.... the truck is under warenty and unless your planning on keeping it past 100,000 do what ever you want... plus the fact that an escalade becomes a shit box with 100,000 miles anyway

im with you stealth...plus whats the point of having a vehicle with those capabilities if your scared to use themmm

hcvone
03-19-07, 12:19 PM
im with you stealth...plus whats the point of having a vehicle with those capabilities if your scared to use themmm

What capabilities to do donuts and burn outs? Scared and or Stupid is a very fine line, it's your truck, treat it however you like, you're the one who asked the question. ;)

sj1400
03-19-07, 12:39 PM
It's Ok now but some poor smuck is going to be stuck with a beater when you trade it in. LOL

LLT
03-19-07, 03:45 PM
This is why I don't buy used vehicles. :)

Out of sheer curiosity, why didn't you buy a Corvette or similar if you wanted a performance car? You're driving a 5,000+ truck - bad things are sure to ensue -- either for you or someone else -- driving it as if it's not what it really is.

Cars aren't built like they used to be and relying on warranty isn't a solid plan. I've seen many, many cases where warranty blocks have been put on due to abuse... and they can tell, they're not idiots (well, some aren't. :))

As said, it's your car... I just hate to see you walk in holding what's left of your rear diff and be laughed at as you get handed a bill.

caddycruiser
03-19-07, 06:19 PM
This is why I don't buy used vehicles. :)

Out of sheer curiosity, why didn't you buy a Corvette or similar if you wanted a performance car? You're driving a 5,000+ truck - bad things are sure to ensue -- either for you or someone else -- driving it as if it's not what it really is.

Cars aren't built like they used to be and relying on warranty isn't a solid plan. I've seen many, many cases where warranty blocks have been put on due to abuse... and they can tell, they're not idiots (well, some aren't. :))

As said, it's your car... I just hate to see you walk in holding what's left of your rear diff and be laughed at as you get handed a bill.

^^Precisely. I don't even have anything to add to that:thumbsup:

You paid for it, and it's yours to do as you please, but just be forewarned that you inevitably will have issues arise before long if the harsh treatment continues, with drivetrain and suspension pieces going before they're time. It's a quality truck and built well, but just as with any vehicle, things happen and will be excited by prolonged extreme use.

STEALTHBOMBER
03-19-07, 10:47 PM
^^Precisely. I don't even have anything to add to that:thumbsup:

You paid for it, and it's yours to do as you please, but just be forewarned that you inevitably will have issues arise before long if the harsh treatment continues, with drivetrain and suspension pieces going before they're time. It's a quality truck and built well, but just as with any vehicle, things happen and will be excited by prolonged extreme use.

looks like ill be costing GM some money then cuz its all covered

John00879
03-19-07, 10:54 PM
:xbs:
Internet posturing at its best. :bigroll:

? whats that mean, I havent hit triple digits yet cuase i have 700 miles on it.
Ive done 175 on a 02 CBR1100xx and 166 on a 05 Honda RC51 I did at some point plan on seeing what the caddy will do. but not till after my first oil change

My old truck a 2003 F350 would cut off at 95 wich was very frustrating on long trips. the caddy cutting off at 106 will piss me off as well when i take it to arizona or up north

Back on topic though, Mines a 3 year lease but I still plan on taking good care of it and not abusing it even though im giving it up after 3 years, To me if u wanna do trick and race and that kinda stuf get a bike. I have 3 bikes, a brand new 1000cc sport bike will beat 70 , 80k sport cars in a race once u know how to ride, U can do burn outs wheelies, and lots of other stunts. and it only costs you 11k brand new. how many cars can do 100mph on first gear?

So i say take it easy on your 60K escalade and go buy a 11k sport bike and beat the the sh*t out of it

Rolex
03-20-07, 07:23 AM
? whats that mean, I havent hit triple digits yet cuase i have 700 miles on it.
Ive done 175 on a 02 CBR1100xx and 166 on a 05 Honda RC51 I did at some point plan on seeing what the caddy will do. but not till after my first oil change

A 5000 lb truck and a sport bike are 2 entirely different things all together. I'm just saying....if you ever hit 160 in an Escalade (and live) be sure to video tape it and post it here. ;)

Escolade
03-20-07, 03:16 PM
I'm still under the impression that this is a joke.

STEALTHBOMBER
03-20-07, 03:43 PM
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/199/standupej2.th.jpg (http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=standupej2.jpg)

i can stunt mike bike all day and its still fun to beat on my escalade there two completly diffrent things and two diffrent rushes.... and thats a second gear stand up at 110

Xrayqueen
03-21-07, 01:38 AM
I beg to differ with your opinion in regards to your "shit box" statement. It's all in how you take care of your truck. Not everyone feels the need to lease or buy an automobile at the drop of a hat !!!!
Peace Xrayqueen

STEALTHBOMBER
03-21-07, 08:32 AM
there is reasons why the trucks are only covered to 100,000 miles and its because GM knows the shit box they built, is going start falling apart

hcvone
03-21-07, 02:28 PM
I have a few customers with several hundred thousand miles on their GM trucks, and they are still running and looking good, I have other customers with one year old trucks that look worse than some of the high mileage trucks, as said car care and maintance will keep them running longer. :)

Rolex
03-21-07, 02:32 PM
there is reasons why the trucks are only covered to 100,000 miles and its because GM knows the shit box they built, is going start falling apart

Why must you come to a forum filled with GM enthusiasts and spout this kind of garbage. :stirpot: Are you a http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_troll.gif?

LLT
03-21-07, 03:59 PM
I think he's full of BS, personally. :)

STEALTHBOMBER
03-21-07, 04:21 PM
i have 5 cadillacs im in the same boat you are im just saying there not built for the long run little by little same things will start to go wrong just like anything

jordan00escalade
03-21-07, 05:04 PM
I'm approaching 120,000 miles.. Still running strong, and I have a 2000!

caddycruiser
03-21-07, 06:57 PM

WRONG! Things go wrong and deteriorate with age on any vehicle, but that 5 year/100k drivetrain warranty is LONGER than essentially everyone else there, and only ends at that point because no manufacturer would ever give you a 500k warranty on something as complex as a vehicle. Little things are bound to crop up with lots of age and miles, so why would it ever be in a manufacturer's best interest to cover everything for eternity? With most modern day vehicles you can hit 200-300k without much more than routine maintenance and the occasional small part here or there, all without a sweat.

So drive your truck like you want, that's the whole point of buying anything--you can do what you want when you want with it--but I just had to clear up that bizarre comment on the warranty, especially since it's already longer than just about any other manufacturer. It'd kinda be like saying before, when it was 4 year/50k on Cadillacs, "Well, that's only because they expect it to start falling to pieces at 50k"...or 36k in the case of any other general domestic or import vehicle.

urbanski
03-21-07, 07:04 PM
:lol:

nofinga911
03-22-07, 12:10 AM
:lol:

lol either u beat urz too or your just straight laughing at me

wht2000
03-22-07, 05:38 AM
Doing donuts in the snow with a vehicle that has such a high COG? Explain the damage to the leasing company when you roll it over...good luck with that. Otherwise, beat the shit out of it...it's only money!!

STEALTHBOMBER
03-22-07, 01:49 PM
exactly only money... if i break it its my fault and ill just go buy a new one tom

urbanski
03-22-07, 02:33 PM

this whole forum has been funny lately lol :lol:

slk230mb
03-22-07, 03:06 PM

He definitely gets his money's worth out of his V.

urbanski
03-22-07, 03:12 PM
yes especially since its worth $5 now :lol:

hcvone
03-22-07, 03:13 PM

Steve,
What's with the pix in your sig??????????????

Guyz1996deville
03-23-07, 12:29 PM
You should post a video of you beating your truck so we can judge to see if it is really beating on it....

slk230mb
03-23-07, 05:39 PM
Steve,
What's with the pix in your sig??????????????

That would be our one and only urbanski's handy work. That is either after accident #1 or #2 with his V.

hcvone
03-23-07, 07:14 PM
That would be our one and only urbanski's handy work. That is either after accident #1 or #2 with his V.

Now I understand doesn't he know that not a 4X4 :tisk: :tisk:

alpinewhite325i
03-23-07, 09:28 PM
As LLT said previously, cars aren't built like they used to be. And thank God...they're built MUCH better these days.

That being said, I don't think it's reasonable to expect any vehicle to stand up to the abuse that you're dishing out.

nofinga911
03-24-07, 10:52 PM
You should post a video of you beating your truck so we can judge to see if it is really beating on it....

i actually have me doing the donuts and burnouts in the snow on video and me going through some deadly puddles lol...also me beating the 300c hemi (only up to about 90 though) but its recorded onto tape...hhow would i get it on the comp?

07slade
03-24-07, 11:13 PM
The 300c probably had the TC on, I would know my husband has a charger and its the same thing, sweet car, fast as hell but the traction control KILLS it, and i don't think you should constantly beat on your truck, the occasional race isn't bad, I admit i have done alittle drifting in a snowy parking lot, but i will never do it again because i know its absolutely terrible for the truck and i suck at it.

Guyz1996deville
03-26-07, 12:44 PM
i actually have me doing the donuts and burnouts in the snow on video and me going through some deadly puddles lol...also me beating the 300c hemi (only up to about 90 though) but its recorded onto tape...hhow would i get it on the comp?

I am sure that kinkos or something could do it, or lead you in the direction you need.

Talented Square
02-20-08, 12:56 AM
Sounds like a big kid behind his daddy's caddy. Just don't let daddy know what your doing to his Caddy, Daddy's boy.

Rolex
02-20-08, 07:58 AM
Sounds like a big kid behind his daddy's caddy. Just don't let daddy know what your doing to his Caddy, Daddy's boy.

My friend, this thread hasn't been posted in since March of 2007. Most of the active discussion will be on the first few pages of the forum. :D