: Car Domain

Brett
04-24-03, 09:21 PM
I checked out cardomain.com for the first time today. Could somebody explain what kind of sub-culture supports that sight? Can i be that out of touch at 29 years old? It would seem a large percentage of car owners on there are unable to type/spell/create a coherent thought. Yet these same people have pictures of "their" bentleys, ferraris, etc. Am i missing something? Is this sight a gag?

BeelzeBob
04-24-03, 11:06 PM
Some of them actually have the cars but I'm positive that some of them don't.

kcnewell
04-25-03, 02:20 AM
It's a shame to see nice cars wasted on MORONS! I can't even spend much time at that site......It's like trying to listen to a 6 year old reading out loud!

Katshot
04-25-03, 08:57 AM
I know there's at least a couple guys with Fleetwoods on that site that can read and write, usually ;)

kcnewell
04-25-03, 10:32 AM
I didn't know that Fleetwood owners could read and write! When did they start that program?:D

Katshot
04-25-03, 11:01 AM
It was a few years before the Harley owners started as I recall ;)

JerseyGirl
04-25-03, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Katshot
It was a few years before the Harley owners started as I recall ;)

:eek: LOL!
I have checked out the site...mostly the Caddy's(or Lac's as they call em) & Chevy's, didn't dig too far into the site. There are ALOT of nice cars on there, how many are for real who knows. But it's a cool site to put up pics & have a link. I tried looking for a free site like that, it was very hard to find!

Brett
04-25-03, 12:11 PM
I guess the concept is cool, its the execution that seems screwed up.."dude yo lac aight"...wtf is that, this is a quote from the site. oh and 20"+ wheels dont actually look good.

JerseyGirl
04-25-03, 12:16 PM
If you notice....half the people who sign peoples guestsbook say..."Yo..bad azz wheels, check out my 22".....or something lame like that. " That Lac is da bomb yo..."...hehehe

Brett
04-25-03, 12:19 PM
I guess thats the conundrum for me, how do these people have jobs? They seem to have cars, they cant all be drug dealers.

Katshot
04-25-03, 12:20 PM
Yeah that's true to a degree. I think it MAY be because the site's an off-shoot of Sound Domain which is mostly kids.

Elvis
04-25-03, 01:28 PM
My shizzle is fo rizzle. Damn! Don't be a playa hata, mofo!

Brett
04-25-03, 01:54 PM
i think i was just called a mofo, LOL

Katshot
04-25-03, 02:39 PM
Don't be hatin' ;)

Elvis
04-25-03, 03:52 PM
I am ashamed that I have actually spent the time needed to translate this new language. I think it's the new pig latin for the 21st century.

elwesso
04-25-03, 05:19 PM
It makes me wonder how they even got their license to begin with?!

JerseyGirl
04-25-03, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by elwesso
It makes me wonder how they even got their license to begin with?!

LOL...same way the Mexicans got their license here...went around the block & kept their mouth shut.:D

Katshot
04-25-03, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by JerseyGirl
LOL...same way the Mexicans got their license here...went around the block & kept their mouth shut.:D
That's a personal foul:tisk:

JerseyGirl
04-25-03, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Katshot
That's a personal foul:tisk:

lol...ok sorry!:( It's just that down here in TN...they had this thing where immigrants could get there license without social security cards & even green cards...and basically down here they can't drive to begin with...now we have more people on the road...that can't even speak English..and suck at driving..but ok..I get the picture..so..sorry. Won't happen again...

Elvis
04-25-03, 09:53 PM
You're allowed a few of those every 100 posts. That's your first. I'd say you're in good shape. No offense here.

(you forgot to say that they don't have insurance, either.)

Mad'lac
04-26-03, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by JerseyGirl
..and basically down here they can't drive to begin with...now we have more people on the road..and suck at driving..

Sounds like women in New Jersey trying to drive in Texas.:D

JerseyGirl
04-26-03, 02:57 PM
hehehe...I never drove in Jersey...so I wouldn't know! LOL! How do they drive in TX? LOL!

Mad'lac
04-26-03, 03:05 PM
They can't drive worth a damn!! I saw this woman with Jersey plates cut across 4 lanes (Hwy lanes mind you) trying to get to the off-ramp and her car became one with a F-350 towing a trailer.I witness the whole thing and she had the cojones to tell the cop she had the right of way.Too bad about her Cavalier. Took a big hit but she walked away with only a scrap forehead.

b4z
04-28-03, 08:13 PM
If you want to see something really whacked. Check out this
CTS that was created completely out of whole cloth.
Yes it is photoshopped.
This car appears on cardomain as a red car. Then a kid takes the identical pics and makes the car moss green. Pastes 20" wheels on it. Notice how the front wheels are much larger than the rears!
Presto chango, it now has 400hp.
I posted to the kid that the car was photoshopped and he erased it.
I posted to cardommain to remove it and they haven't.
Am I the only one who cares that this car doesn't actully exist?

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=329651&make_type_query=make%3DCadillac&model_brand_query=model%3DCTS&tree=Cadillac%20CTS

Elvis
04-29-03, 10:42 AM
He says "it's 1-of-a-kind"

more like "0-of-a-kind"

STSFreak
04-29-03, 07:31 PM
You cant really tell them to take it off because they have a lot of people who complain about all of the fake cars and all of the bullcrap that get posted on there, so they dont do anything about it. If you dont like it, dont look at it.