: 1975 Cadillac 9 Passenger Sedan Specs?

lesinfamous
03-17-07, 07:41 PM
Can anybody tell me detailed specs of the 1975 Cadillac 9 passenger sedan????? Such as rear leg room, trunk volume, interior volume etc. i know the wheelbase is 151.5 in and overall length is 252.2". Someone please help. thankss

sizanjdf
03-17-07, 07:51 PM
Well the trunk volume should be the same as a 75 fleetwood or deville with the exception of the rear A/c unit if it has it. Im over 6 feet tall and when I sit in mine I cant reach the front seat with my feet. With the seats folded out leg room is pretty much gone. Dont know much else about it than that.

Fleet
03-18-07, 02:29 AM
I took my '76 limo (not 9-passenger sedan) for a drive today. I've owned it since 1999 and still really like driving it. The ride (as stated in the brochures) is incredible. I drove over some bumps and compared it with my two other cars ('69 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham and '95 Lincoln Town Car). The limo rides much, much smoother than the Town Car and exceeds even the '69 Fleetwood's good ride.
The limos are very long cars, so you need some extra room when turning a corner.

Again, being a limo, the front seat doesn't go as far back as on the 9-passenger sedan's. But I am well under 6' so it's fine for me.
I've measured 53" in a straight line the rear compartment room. From the back seat rest to the partition. When the jump seats are unfolded there isn't much knee room for the rear seat passengers. However, since they are used rarely, it doesn't really matter. When the jump seats are folded out of the way, there is of course a wealth of space- enough room to have a picnic! There really isn't anything like the rear compartment of a Fleetwood Seventy-Five. I have also measured 57" for rear hip room. I think rear shoulder room is 59"; I'll have to measure again to make sure.

I have no idea what the interior volume is (in cubic feet). It would probably be kind of hard trying to find that information.

As sizanjdf said, the rear a/c unit does take up some trunk space. The '74-'75 Fleetwood Brougham has 19.27 cubic feet, according to Motor Trend specs. I would guess that the Seventy-Fives have about 16-17 cubic feet if they include the space over the rear axle hump when they measure.

Anyway, the big Seventy-Fives are in a class by themselves. Huge in size, yet surprisingly easy to drive as long as you don't try to park in really tight parking spaces. Many bumps that bounce driver's heads up and down in little cars are not even noticed in the Seventy-Fives! The front seats on both the 9-passenger sedan and limousine are nice and soft, which is good to have (who wants to drive a limo with firm seats?). The rear seat is very soft. I just wish it was a little higher off the floor like they were in the '60s Cadillacs.

lesinfamous
03-18-07, 02:45 AM
so if you took a guess, how much rear legroom would the nine passenger sedan have? roughly

Fleet
03-18-07, 07:38 PM
so if you took a guess, how much rear legroom would the nine passenger sedan have? roughly
If you measure to the jump seats (folded away) it's the same. But if you measure to the back of the front seat in the nine-passenger sedan, it should be at least 6" more because the partition behind the front seat does take up some room. So about 60" for the sedan from the back seat to the back of the front seat.

lesinfamous
03-18-07, 08:34 PM
thanksssss a lot fleet. i was about to ask you on aim but didnt see sign on. Anyway i just cant measure right now because im in upstate ny n my 75' sedan is in nyc. Sad to say, i really want to restore mine though but everyone charges tooooo much... any ideas???

Fleet
03-18-07, 09:05 PM
thanksssss a lot fleet. i was about to ask you on aim but didnt see sign on. Anyway i just cant measure right now because im in upstate ny n my 75' sedan is in nyc. Sad to say, i really want to restore mine though but everyone charges tooooo much... any ideas???
Yes, maybe just repair only what is needed to keep it in running condition (mechanical things). That way you can at least drive and enjoy it until you restore it (it you choose to).