: Go to infiniti.com and click on the Q45

Jesda
03-17-07, 03:57 PM
Oh wait, you CANT. Yeah, the Q45 quietly disappeared from the Infiniti lineup and no one noticed but me. I'm a little sad for legacy reasons, but otherwise it devolved into somewhat of a confused whale of a car. It had some odd charm, but with the M45 being cheaper, faster, and roomier, there's no longer a place for the Q. Also, the 2002+ VK45 engine in the FX45, Q45, and M45 is a steaming pile of design-compromised garbage. On the plus side, Infiniti NA is very good about honoring engine replacements under warranty.

In all of 2006, only 104 Q45s were sold nationwide. In February 2007, just five of them. 2003 models are STILL sitting in inventory around the country, unsold.

So sad.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-17-07, 04:01 PM
As a kid, I can remember really liking the late '90s Q45s as I would peruse the Infiniti full line brochures I got at the auto shows.

Sandy
03-17-07, 06:13 PM
Oh Boy, did I notice!! I worked my tail of to get the high line 2006 in Lakeshore Blue. My local dealer got a pearl white one and could not locate another, then he did - - a Grey one. No Lakeshore Blue & I really wanted to buy one. I have loved the Q of the final design. I actually wrote to them & asked them how many were imported here and they siad that they could not release that info!!

How did you get it & are you sure it's correct ? So, now, I am saving up for that Imperial ! :) :)

Blackout
03-17-07, 07:28 PM
When me and Katshot were at the Philly auto show we ran into a buddy of his that has been working at a Infiniti dealership for awhile and was saying that the Q45 would disappear but it will be back. They were waiting to see what their competition was going to due first before doing the redesign. I dunno if that is true or not but that's what he told us

caddycruiser
03-17-07, 09:01 PM
I REALLY like some of the very last ones, especially after the small detail and wheel changes...even despite the V8 issues:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/q45a.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/q45b.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/q45c.jpg

Sandy: Color is a big choice, but even White Diamond or Gray (which are two of the BEST colors on this car), I'd jump on one if the price was right. They're terrific and rare (always a biggie in my book), and just so much more well done than even a frumpy concept Imperial which likely will NOT be built anytime in years to come...guess you can still hope for one, but ugh, there should be a lot more impressive cars in the meantime that actually are in production that maybe will peak your interest.

Destroyer
03-17-07, 09:02 PM
Oh Boy, did I notice!! I worked my tail of to get the high line 2006 in Lakeshore Blue. My local dealer got a pearl white one and could not locate another, then he did - - a Grey one. No Lakeshore Blue & I really wanted to buy one. I have loved the Q of the final design. I actually wrote to them & asked them how many were imported here and they siad that they could not release that info!!

How did you get it & are you sure it's correct ? So, now, I am saving up for that Imperial ! :) :)

I thought you hate Japanese cars. :thepan:

Jesda
03-17-07, 09:14 PM
The 2005 model I sat in, with the updated interior, had the BEST leather ever. It was thick, pliable, and smelled like dead cow heaven. The gadgets are cool, but I'm more into look and feel than technology. 2006 got a new transmission and rear end, making it quicker and sharper.

Get an extended warranty and enjoy the ride.

caddycruiser
03-17-07, 09:44 PM
The 2005 model I sat in, with the updated interior, had the BEST leather ever. It was thick, pliable, and smelled like dead cow heaven. The gadgets are cool, but I'm more into look and feel than technology. 2006 got a new transmission and rear end, making it quicker and sharper.

Get an extended warranty and enjoy the ride.

I remember the same thing, strangely enough, from the last auto show one I saw in--absolutely terrific leather. They were always semi-rare cars and trully impressive in finish, refinement, and performance, and stand out to those "who know."

caddycruiser
03-17-07, 09:45 PM
Hey! Fancy this, a really old stock '05 Q45 that's brand new, and...blue! The $14k off new list is fairly decent too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NEW-FULL-FACTORY-WARRANTY-SAVE-THOUSANDS_W0QQitemZ170090176504QQcategoryZ6264QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The power reclining and heated rear seats are yet another gaga feature...and again, look at that leather!

Sandy
03-17-07, 10:28 PM
I thought you hate Japanese cars.

Yes, I do. But it was really hard to hate the Q. It had so much on it, from heated reclining rear seats to 4-wheel steering (2006 only) and power to spare and I loved the looks and it was rare.

I usually only buy luxury cars whose name contains at least two I (s) and have 8 letters, so the Infiniti woulda fit me. :) The Caddy was a fluke !

Infiniti was an unusual car, in that it was to be Nissan's luxury division, as was Lexus the luxuiy division of Toyota. But ...... Infiniti never could really sell THEIR luxury car, the Q. They always had to rely on the lessor models with a Q parked outside, in the back. I never could understand that. Lexus sells many more LS models than Infiniti ever sold Q s.

Regardless.....I wait. I think it's gonna be a long wait.

InfInItI - ImperIal See, I liked the Infiniti as it even had an extra "I" - Gotta love it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-17-07, 10:41 PM
I gotta wonder why the Q never sold as well as the LS400 did?

caddycruiser
03-18-07, 10:54 AM
I gotta wonder why the Q never sold as well as the LS400 did?

Lack of any marketing, and also the simple fact that the Infiniti brand--no matter how many great new vehicles they churn out--just doesn't have the brand recognition or panache of Lexus, whether that's even earned or not.

Kev
03-18-07, 11:14 AM
Actually Sandy, InfInItI has two extra I's.

:eye: :eye:

Double the pleasure, double the fun?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-07, 02:03 PM
Lack of any marketing, and also the simple fact that the Infiniti brand--no matter how many great new vehicles they churn out--just doesn't have the brand recognition or panache of Lexus, whether that's even earned or not.

That all makes sense. To me, the Q was to the LS what the 7 Series was to the S Class. More of a driver's car.

Sandy
03-18-07, 05:22 PM
Q > LS > G > M > S-Class > E- Class > DTS > ES > LS > CXL > CXS > sounds like Alpha Bet Soup. Know what sounds better and "special" ?
IMPERIAL LeBARON. Can I manage to stay out of a nursing home, long enough to get one? Tough Question.:crybaby: How about this: Imperial QES-Class ? No? LXC That sounds good !

Imperial LXC or Imperial BDV BDV sounds good!! Could stand for Big Drop in Value !

Or, Imperial BAG (for bank account GONE)

slk230mb
03-18-07, 05:34 PM
Sandy, the first LS was Lexus, was the second the Lincoln?

Kev
03-18-07, 07:14 PM
Q > LS > G > M > S-Class > E- Class > DTS > ES > LS > CXL > CXS > sounds like Alpha Bet Soup. Know what sounds better and "special" ?
IMPERIAL LeBARON. Can I manage to stay out of a nursing home, long enough to get one? Tough Question.:crybaby: How about this: Imperial QES-Class ? No? LXC That sounds good !

Imperial LXC or Imperial BDV BDV sounds good!! Could stand for Big Drop in Value !

Or, Imperial BAG (for bank account GONE)I'm with you on names Sandy. Numbers and letters don't do much for me other than confuse me. Acronyms are no better. I like the class of a formal name, something that rolls off the tongue for a vehicle that pleases the eye.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-07, 07:18 PM
I'm with you on names Sandy. Numbers and letters don't do much for me other than confuse me. Acronyms are no better. I like the class of a formal name, something that rolls off the tongue for a vehicle that pleases the eye.

Same here! :thumbsup:

Sandy
03-18-07, 09:13 PM
Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
Imperial LeBaron
Lincoln Continential Town Car
Buick Park Avenue Limited
Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite
Chrysler New Yorker Brougham
Dodge Royal Monaco Brougham
Mercury Grand Marquis Brougham
Ford LTD Crown Victoria
Chevrolet Caprice
Pontiac Bonneville Brougham
and who could ever forget the
American Motors Ambassadeor Brougham?

"Those were the days, my friends, we thought they'd never end...."

....and now I drive an E-Class LS GT AWD

"I'll pick ya up after the Oprea out front in my Lexus LS 4x4 AWD ES 450.
It's unique! It's Silver with black wall tires. Look foe me! :thepan:

Sandy
03-18-07, 09:17 PM
Kev, why is your characture's hair turning gray ???????? Realism ? Mine too. I am now tweed. I hate it. I am going have it dyed.

HushH
03-20-07, 02:55 PM
I would love to have had a Keuylian Motorcars Q. Supercharged w/550hp. Alas, like the regular there was little interest so only a few were made.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/HushH/blk_q_front.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/HushH/blk_qrear_dual.jpg

Here's another great looking Q:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/HushH/rolling_shot_small.jpg

Jesda
03-20-07, 03:13 PM
Only one Q generation ever mattered, and only one was engineered to be an Infiniti for the US market:

http://www.q45.org/gallery/d/758-2/100_2068.JPG
http://www.q45.org/gallery/d/36-2/DSC00014.JPG

The rest were rebadged Cimas.

Sandy
03-20-07, 03:33 PM
Maybe, but I thought the were all nice. The one I like the best was the 1997 to 2000 (I think)

caddycruiser
03-20-07, 03:55 PM
Maybe, but I thought the were all nice. The one I like the best was the 1997 to 2000 (I think)

I really like those too, even though they really were not popular--loved the squarer lines. To some extent, I even like some of them a bit more than the sometimes bloated look of the last gen, even though they arguably were stunning as '06 models with the new wheels and small detail changes. The last gen still wins me over the most, I think, though.

As for the earlier gen, like Jesda has and loves, I can really appreciate the engineering and quality that went into them, but the styling was really bland on most and even quirky in some aspects (ugly wheels, plain as could be profile, face, and rear) and that clearly was one of the biggest downfalls--had it been more svelte or just eye catching, they likely would have caught on more. As is, I could live with one for the quality and refinement, but just not like to look at it much, in contrary to the later gens.

Jesda
03-20-07, 06:09 PM
Second-gen is the most loved for styling. Its very traditional. Makes it look big and expensive.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-20-07, 07:52 PM
I think the 1st generation ones are the best looking. Clean, svelte, sporty, subtle, yet luxurious. It's design doesn't brag about being expensive or rare, it doesn't draw a lot of attention to it's self like so many other luxury cars do. Actually, it kinda reminds me of the 92-97 STS for the same reasons.