: For those that dropped the cradle

lisekpl
03-17-07, 02:13 AM
Im in the process of dropping the cradle for the timesert. Im stuck on a few things right now, do you disconnect all the wires and harnesses that do not connect to the engine, epsecially those by the fuse junction box, and do I have to disconnect the main harness from the PCM (and if so where exactly is it, I know its somewhere by the starter junction box). One more, is there a special tool to disconnect the two tubes running from the condenser, they are held together by a flange with one bolt but still dont come apart???
Everything is pretty much straightforward expect the damn wires. Thanks,

I'll try to post some pics of the work.

zonie77
03-17-07, 11:54 AM
We decided what had to be pulled by following them and deciding what had to come off and what didn't.

The AC lines tend to stick. Wiggle them. Replace the O rings when you reassemble.

The PCM is under the dash, behind the glove box. Not too hard to access.

lisekpl
03-17-07, 04:46 PM
Thanks man,
that's what I figured, just see which wires must remain on the block and everythig else, disconnect it. Under dash, I'm assuming that its going to be near the heater core, I replaced that a couple months back so yeah it shouldn't be hard to access it. Just to let you know how bad my problem got, when I took out the radiator and flushed it, it was 90% oil and 10% coolant.
Well thanks again, BTW you're do one that inspired me to do the work myself, I read some of your posts and decided to do it.

zonie77
03-18-07, 01:07 AM
Thanks, I found the board when my brother had overheating on his SLS and we wasted months and hundreds of dollars trying to fix it as a straight overheating problem. His kept running so well I couldn't believe it had a blown (actually both) headgasket. An old member gave me a lot of help on doing that one so I like to repay that favor by helping others.

I hope yours turns out well. It's a pretty good amount of work but it's worth it when you finish and it runs great!

Let us know how it goes. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.