: Need Help. Please read!

GM-Ford Guy
04-24-03, 08:56 PM
Hey guys,

My family purchases both Ford and GM products. We currently have something called an A-plan which is a Ford 'family' type thing where Ford gives us 1% under invoice...no questions asked. --- I was wondering if GM had any type of plan and if so is there a club or membership I can get to get a Pin. You can email me at fusion4you@aol or answer on the forums. Thank you

-Kosta

Katshot
04-24-03, 09:06 PM
Never heard of one. There are so many ways of getting discounts though, that it really doesn't matter. The kind of thing you have sounds like the kind of discount you get at GM when you have a family member working for GM.

Eldo1953
04-24-03, 11:00 PM
GM is in "OVERDRIVE" right now. You can usually score some 0% financing or $1000 to $5000 cash back. Not a bad deal.

GM-Ford Guy
04-25-03, 01:24 AM
I was looking for a way to get a deal on the XLR. I don't even think they'll be giving financing on that one. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Allante North *
04-25-03, 06:41 AM
I don't think you will get any deals on the XLR since they are so new. GM has a credit card with 5% of charges applied towards new car/truck purchase after deal is made. I got one thinking I would wait a year or two to purchase and build up some $$ value towards a truck purchase. 0% APR for the first 6 months, and balance transfers applied towards the 5% discount. You might think about the GM Card for some discount. Good Luck getting the XLR!

elwesso
04-25-03, 06:10 PM
Yes, GM does have something like you are saying. Its called GM A buyer.

It only works for immediate family, so this is how it works. My grandpas brother worked for GM, so whenever my family buys a new car, we put it under his name, and then when the title comes, we transfer it to us. Kind of a loophole, but perfectly legal

As far as clubs, i dont know of any.