: Who here smokes?

Benzilla
03-16-07, 12:41 AM
Bored and curious. We're talking about anything; cigarettes, cigars, weed, crack. Who does it and what?

Spyder
03-16-07, 12:43 AM
None, nope. Well, crack on occassion...

Spyder
03-16-07, 12:43 AM
and now that I'm thinking about it, I do enjoy a shermy once in a while, when I'm bored.

:):D:)

ShadowLvr400
03-16-07, 12:45 AM
Non smoker.

illumina
03-16-07, 12:58 AM
I blaze once in a while.

90Brougham350
03-16-07, 12:59 AM
Used to sell cigars from my dorm room. I still enjoy a fine puro on fishing trips and such, but since I'm playing racquetball 5 days a week now, it would kill me to smoke regularly.

DopeStar 156
03-16-07, 02:55 AM
I was a full time smoker but now it's once in a while when I'm stressed....

dkozloski
03-16-07, 02:58 AM
A cigarette is a stick of poison with a fire on one end and a fool on the other.

eldorado99
03-16-07, 03:36 AM
Every once in a while I'll smoke a cigar on a special occasion. I'll smoke pot once in a while too. Neither of them more than once a month though at most. No cigarettes though. My main vice is alcohol, but I think I'll be cutting down on that from now on... the bottle is a little too inviting as of late.

Rolex
03-16-07, 03:46 AM
I'm an ex-smoker. I used to smoke until I started doing anesthesia for a living. Once I started to see the siht that comes out of smokers' lungs I quit for good.

I call it LUNG BUTTER. :vomit:

Red_October_7000
03-16-07, 04:17 AM
I smoke the occasional Cigar. I realy like the "Hav-a-Tampa Jewels Black and Gold" for "Cheap" cigars. I've had expensive ones too but they're, well, expensive :) That said I do like them quite a bit!

ewill3rd
03-16-07, 06:31 AM
I used to do a lot of second hand smoking but I gave it up when I realized I didn't have to hang out with the losers I used to call my "friends" to have a good time. ;)
(only talking about my friends, not anyone else there. Don't take it personal)

malcolm
03-16-07, 09:24 AM
A very timely question fro me. After 40 years of a pack a day I gave it up this past Monday. It's been 5 days and I think I am going to make it. When I started everybody smoked and you could smoke everywhere, they didn't even have warnings on the pack which cost about 35 cents. I finally got sick of being an outcast, freezing my ass off out in the snow and rain, spending all that cash, over 6 bucks in NJ at most places. Doing it the man's way, cold turkey.

boricuacaddy
03-16-07, 10:21 AM
I use to smoke and quit. I use to have a dry cough from all my smoking. I now am cough free! yippy!

David

Sandy
03-16-07, 10:36 AM
I quit cigarettes cold turkey on December 15th 2005. A year & 3 months ago, after smoking some 39 years, but I never inhaled. Like said above, they were .35 cents a pack and you could smoke any & everywhere. No health warnings anywhere.

Now, I smoke a cigar on Friday nights & once in a while (especially during winter months, on Saturday night). Coronado by La Feur. $9.00 each. I find that cigarette smoking is purely habit with no enjoyment. Cigars are not a habit and are enjoyable. I never ever did "Pot" not even once or any orther illeagle stuff. Booze? Never at home. Never to get buzzed or drunk, only when out to dinner, as a before dinner drink. Beer with Pizza or hot dogs. I like Rolling Rock Beer in glass.

CadillacGurl
03-16-07, 02:28 PM
Never smoked... both grandfathers smoked and died of lung cancer at 50 years old. My mom smoked until she found out she was pregnant. I can bare the smell of it, it really doesn't bother me.

dkozloski
03-16-07, 03:32 PM
I tell smokers that if they had a life partner that tried to control them the same way cigarettes do they'd cut their throat. Nobody has offered an argument yet.

Florian
03-16-07, 04:58 PM
hippie lettuce and cubans.

F

fpmesiIII
03-16-07, 05:03 PM
smoking = unattractive

illumina
03-16-07, 05:12 PM
hippie lettuce and cubans.

F

I'd give you points if I could! Pretend points!

DILLIGAF
03-16-07, 05:40 PM
Nothing but clean air in these lungs!Smoked cigarettes for 2 years,weed for 5,we didn't know we could smoke our cocaine and crystal.

Sinister Angel
03-16-07, 08:39 PM
The occasional cigar, although I wouldn't mind trying a pipe once since that smoke smells great.

Red_October_7000
03-16-07, 09:21 PM
Ah, yes, pipes! Something I'd love to try... my buddy and I rolled some cigarettes with Pipe tobacco and they were great... yes, that's something to try. The funny thing is everyone said that it couldn't be done.

Benzilla
03-17-07, 08:37 PM
I'm bzakeed. god I hate cottrenmouth.

lol, I having a discussionb about the word "reefer" lol cops started it

sorry guys, jusat wanted to sya hi

codewize
03-17-07, 10:26 PM
Smoking is bad for you and your interior.

SliceOfLife
03-17-07, 11:51 PM
Who wants to live forever?! What is the quality of a life spent in a prolonged effort to extend that life?! Many, if not most, of us have a beautiful Northstar engine under the hood. I've heard it said repeatedly that "it doesn't like to be babied". The Human Being is a similarly fine-tuned and sophisticated machine of Life Experience. So, give them both WOTs!! "Everybody must get WOTs."
:nanaparty:

The Political Correctness movement is a political tactic to entrain our sensibilities to a duplicitous conformity. Its purported purpose is the common good, but its actual purpose is political and corporate hegemony.

Everything, in moderation...

How can you get good at thinking for yourself if you don't practice? Practice makes perfect.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-07, 12:13 AM
Count me for don't smoke. I personally think cigs are disgusting, although I wouldn't mind an occassional rich cigar. I love to run long distances though, and I know smoking would end that so that's a big reason for me not to smoke. Although smoking a nice rich cigar in the '92 on a long road trip, with some good music playing seems so right...

SliceOfLife
03-18-07, 12:14 AM
A cigarette is a stick of poison with a fire on one end and a fool on the other.

:bigroll: God, that's clever! And so catchy! It MUST be true!:rolleyes:
Madison Avenue strikes again.

Everything (or most things), even water, can be deadly in large enough doses. Conversely, everything (or most things), in small enough doses, can be beneficial. Navigating a course between the extremes is what gives life its spice, its tang. Why do YOU live?

Red_October_7000
03-18-07, 12:23 AM
:bigroll: God, that's clever! And so catchy! It MUST be true!:rolleyes:
Madison Avenue strikes again.

Everything (or most things), even water, can be deadly in large enough doses. Conversely, everything (or most things), in small enough doses, can be beneficial. Navigating a course between the extremes is what gives life its spice, its tang. Why do YOU live?

Glad to see someone thinks for himself...
'though blaming "Madison Avenue", "Hollywood", or anything else abstract isn't the best thing either.

Nobody will tell you that smoking wards off Altheimerz (or however you spell it) and helps keep your... um... bowels... regular.

SliceOfLife
03-18-07, 12:38 AM
I'm an ex-smoker. I used to smoke until I started doing anesthesia for a living. Once I started to see the siht that comes out of smokers' lungs I quit for good.

I call it LUNG BUTTER. :vomit:

It's snot. If it's yellow or green, the body is working overtime on an infection. If it's clear or gray, the body's pollution control mechanisms are keeping up. Expectoration is becoming a neglected skill. Hock a lugie.

SliceOfLife
03-18-07, 12:48 AM
I tell smokers that if they had a life partner that tried to control them the same way cigarettes do they'd cut their throat. Nobody has offered an argument yet.

All you want is an argument? How would that go, exactly? I don't want to murder my life partner in cold blood because she exacts a price for the pleasure she provides. How's that? More of a contradictory opinion than an argument? Guide me, Landru...

SliceOfLife
03-18-07, 12:49 AM
smoking = unattractive

Beauty is only skin-deep.

SliceOfLife
03-18-07, 01:10 AM
Glad to see someone thinks for himself...
'though blaming "Madison Avenue", "Hollywood", or anything else abstract isn't the best thing either.

Nobody will tell you that smoking wards off Altheimerz (or however you spell it) and helps keep your... um... bowels... regular.

Madison Avenue epitomizes the overuse of cliche and cleverness in the effort to persuade.

It's interesting that the smoker/non-smoker split stands at 50/50. I wonder how that compares to the split in the general population.

gdwriter
03-18-07, 01:54 AM
Too cheap to smoke. I spend the money on booze. :alchi:

malcolm
03-19-07, 02:11 PM
8 days free of the deamon weed so far.

Spyder
03-19-07, 02:30 PM
I know that it seems like every damned person at my age smokes like a chimney. Campus was a cloud of smoke...even though the "rules" state no smoking within twenty feet of doors or walkways.

There were more than a few times I had some ******* blow smoke in my face on a walkway as I was right behind or next to them. A few times when it happened more than once or they were just being douchebags about it I knocked the thing out of their hand and continued on my way. Probably not the most "mature" or "adult" thing to do...but after sucking in their smoke for too long, in areas designated as non-smoking, with nowhere else for me to go to get away from it, they'd get to me and I'd stop it. They had no right to blow smoke in my face...'twould have been easy for them to just go to one of the smoking areas and not bother me.

SliceOfLife
03-19-07, 08:10 PM
They had no right to blow smoke in my face...'twould have been easy for them to just go to one of the smoking areas and not bother me.

But you had the right to assault them? Where might makes right, rules lose their moral authority. Tolerance is a fine psychological art whose perfect practice reaps untold rewards.

Sinister Angel
03-19-07, 08:43 PM
But you had the right to assault them? Where might makes right, rules lose their moral authority. Tolerance is a fine psychological art whose perfect practice reaps untold rewards.

Uh, yeah, except for the fact that douchebag was blowing a substance in his face. Hell, I'd damn well say that Spyder should have just cold cocked the bitch.

gary88
03-19-07, 08:59 PM
I smoked cigarettes for awhile when I was 16, quit after a few months. Didn't smoke enough to get addicted so it wasn't a big problem. Now I smoke cigars once in awhile, but only when I play golf.

illumina
03-19-07, 11:48 PM
$10 says this thread will be closed before too soon.

Spyder
03-20-07, 01:20 AM

And this is where I leave things alone... ... ...:bigroll:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-20-07, 07:58 PM
$10 says this thread will be closed before too soon.

:werd:

Benzilla
03-20-07, 08:07 PM
I don't see why, it's a legit question.

SliceOfLife
03-20-07, 10:06 PM
I don't see why, it's a legit question.

Is it a legit question in the context of a discussion forum dedicated to all things Cadillac?

Where's the connection between smoking and Cadillac-ery?

Let's get back
To Cadillac!

Florian
03-20-07, 10:14 PM
This is the lounge, read the fine print "Only non-Cadillac discussion goes here. Cadillac discussions belong elsewhere."

Mmmmmmmmmm crow, tastes so good.

F

Red_October_7000
03-21-07, 01:56 AM
What's better than drivin' Caddy & smokin' Stogie!?! You feel like a big shot!

RocketFast321
03-21-07, 06:05 AM
I need to quit smoking the legal grass and the illegal grass.

Benzilla
03-21-07, 04:37 PM
What's better than drivin' Caddy & smokin' Stogie!?! You feel like a big shot!
It's a great feeling.

Benzilla
03-21-07, 04:38 PM
I need to quit smoking the legal grass and the illegal grass.
nah, you're young, you still have like 30 years of lungs to blow. ;)

V's-V
03-21-07, 10:22 PM
I had to Lose a chunk of my lung before I got the message.:bigroll:

But I did get the message, Smoking is no good for you.:tisk:

STOP NOW!!

P.S. You'll drive your Caddy longer too!!!:bouncy:

V's-V
03-21-07, 10:24 PM
OH yeah. Also buried my sister way too early in 2002. Lung Cancer

Quit:thumbsup:

Benzilla
03-22-07, 12:03 AM
If this is going to turn into an intervention for something totally legal, I want it closed now.

illumina
03-22-07, 12:24 AM
If this is going to turn into an intervention for something totally legal, I want it closed now.

Looks like it. Watch out, the health police are coming to get us!

That said, I think I'm going to smoke something illegal. Hehehehehehe...:p

JC316
03-22-07, 03:07 AM
Hell no!!!!! I am a tennis player, if I smoked, I wouldn't be able to move. Plus I see my grandad, who has emphysemia and I have Crohn's disease, smoke is VERY bad for me.

Sinister Angel
03-22-07, 01:26 PM
My Sqdn. Commander at Ft. Knox smoked (unknown to me till later) and could run a 12 minute 2 mile..

SliceOfLife
03-22-07, 10:54 PM
OH yeah. Also buried my sister way too early in 2002. Lung Cancer

I can sympathize with your loss. My dad died a few years ago. He had smoked heartily for over 50 years. But he did NOT die of cancer. Using your brand of fallacious anecdotal reasoning, I might have to conclude that smoking is safe.

But I don't maintain that breathing a cloud of particulate matter and noxious gases is harmless. I argue only that the harmfulness is manageable and relatively minor. And isn't that what it's all about?! Risk management is what allows each of us to do what he wants to do while maintaining his capacity to continue to do what he wants to do. What we're really talking about here are the mechanics of "the pursuit of happiness", one of the main reasons for the founding of our country (presuming you are an American). "The greater the risk, the greater the reward". There's a certain modest amount of happiness that we derive from simply surviving. Once survival is accomplished, whatever time and other resources are left over to be consumed in leisure activities: the pursuit of happiness, which is the satisfaction of whatever desires move our individual spirits to action. The desire to be happy drives all human endevour.

The natural world is harsh, cold, and unforgiving. The physics of nature is unyielding and on such a scale as to dwarf human effort. As we pursue our survival and our happiness we must necessarily challenge Nature with the intent of overcoming It in a way that gives us an advantage. The cold wind blows, threatening our ability to survive, so we use the principles and materials of Nature to overcome Nature to a large enough degree to give us a (survival) advantage, that is, we build a wall to shield us from the cold wind. Now we experience leisure and the pleasure of warmth. It is immediately clear that this "pleasure" is the best thing about being alive. As animals, we are hardwired to seek pleasure and avoid pain.

And Reality would demand that we take proper account of the Political Correctness numbers game in our risk management activities. I think the worst numbers I've seen are one out of three cancer deaths have been attributed to smoking. Boy, that sounds terrible! Until you realize that that represents only 4 out of 100 smokers. So, as a smoker, I have a 4% chance of dying from cancer (IF I bought those smoke and mirrors)--NOT a 33% chance. Also, let's not forget the 2 out of 3 cancer deaths come from the non-smoking population, which, if 1 out of 10 people in the general population are smokers, means the non-smokers have a 0.13% chance of cancer death. So, ya, smokers may have 30 times the cancer rate of non-smokers, but that's still only a 4% chance. That's chump change!:eye:

jrose7004
03-22-07, 11:00 PM
Not in my entire life.

illumina
03-22-07, 11:50 PM
There are 300,000,000 smokers in China. Useless fact of the day.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-23-07, 02:04 AM
who in this thread that smokes can say they DIDNT start smokin cause they were tryin to be/look/seem cool

malcolm
03-23-07, 02:46 PM
When I started 40 years ago, everybody smoked and you smoked everywhere. There was no Sugeon General's warning and they were only 35 cents a pack. I'm on my 12th day since I quit cold turkey and feeling pretty good. I quite because I am tired of being treated like a social outcast, walking out to the middle of the parking lot at work for a smoke in the rain, cold, etc.. In NJ they are 6 bucks a pack and sometimes more and rising. Like most states we can't smoke in bars anymore. How the feck can you drink and not smoke? So you spend a good part of the night standing outside smoking. I still enjoyed it but I've just had it with the habit and the cravings and the going outside. My guess, in 10 years there will be very few smokers left. That should F up the economy in a few tobacco growing states.

Rolex
03-23-07, 02:49 PM
I smoked yesterday for 8 hours.

Choice grade beef brisket. :p

Benzilla
03-23-07, 04:05 PM
who in this thread that smokes can say they DIDNT start smokin cause they were tryin to be/look/seem cool

Me. everybody I knew then thought smoking was stupid (remember just say no?) I actually smoked weed first, then cigars then cigarettes as it felt more natural. now I'm hooked on all of them.

malcolm
03-23-07, 04:10 PM
Remember the old Honeymooners bit? Norton asked Ralph, "mind if I smoke" and Ralph says "I don't care if you burn" classic.

illumina
03-23-07, 04:29 PM
Me. everybody I knew then thought smoking was stupid (remember just say no?) I actually smoked weed first, then cigars then cigarettes as it felt more natural. now I'm hooked on all of them.

Oh man, are the health police coming to get you or what? Watch out bro!!!

DopeStar 156
03-23-07, 04:34 PM
So........we're admitting to crack?

Benzilla
03-23-07, 06:19 PM
I don't know, are you? :D

SliceOfLife
03-23-07, 08:45 PM

Whether it's smoking or bellbottoms or whatever, we adopt the appearance and mannerisms of the group we aspire to belong to. Most people are uncomfortable, unhappy, with the loneliness of isolation. There is power as well as safety in numbers. Fashion is the outward sign of group association. This forum is an association of Cadillac owners. We gather to enjoy each other's excitement about our cars, and to share our trials, tribulations, and triumphs relating to Cadillac ownership. The experience is rewarding in a peculiarly human way. Call it comradery, call it fun. Whatever you want to call it, we feel we benefit from associating with others with whom we identify. And this is the essential nature of every group dynamic.

We all want to belong, so we will adopt common behaviorisms in order to fit in. Should it be otherwise?

Red_October_7000
03-23-07, 09:21 PM
Me, I just always wanted to try to see what it was like. Since I smoke Cigars the common view is "Disgusting" not "Cool". I don't mind.

SliceOfLife
03-23-07, 09:26 PM

Are you really hooked, Ben? I quit cigarettes for a year once, "cold turkey". Big deal. We all do what we truly wish to do, given our perception of our alternatives and the drive of our innate desires. Any other course would be insanity. Do you curse your "addiction" when you burn a hole in your caddy's upholtery? Maybe, briefly, until you realize you must take the risk that promises the reward you desire..."A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what is a heaven for?"

When you've had enough of it, you'll unburden yourself of the constraints of a habit which has lost its value to you. And that is as it should be. Then you'll have temporal and financial room for a new burden which promises to have value to you. Experience is Life's purpose. Saying "No" to experience, you say "No" to life. Stop. Look. Listen. Feel the reality of your existence. Revel in it, for it will be over before you know it--and the LAST thing you want is to not be done by then.:getaway:

Realtordac
03-23-07, 10:13 PM
This will get me in alot of justifiable riddicule, but , here goes. I "allowed" myself to smoke in my CTS after a birthday celebration at a local martini club. Since then I have been smoking cigarettes while I drive with the "promise" that once I have my cadi detailed after the last good snow here which is still imminent, I will stop smoking in it. ALSO (and it KILLS ME) my wife's uncle asked if he could hit his "one hitter" while we drove around. I told him only if he would let me come to his house and $%it on his living room floor. Being an ex pot smoker and having grown up and moved on (no offense I had a blast but I have to much going on now) I can understand the pot vs. cig smoke arguement and would side with the aroma of trees versus the stale odor of Pall Mall. I think maybe it's the whole moving violation thing. He smokes the good stuff too and I am sure it would have been a good contact buzz.:)

Benzilla
03-23-07, 11:05 PM
Are you really hooked, Ben? I quit cigarettes for a year once, "cold turkey". Big deal. We all do what we truly wish to do, given our perception of our alternatives and the drive of our innate desires. Any other course would be insanity. Do you curse your "addiction" when you burn a hole in your caddy's upholstery? Maybe, briefly, until you realize you must take the risk that promises the reward you desire..."A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what is a heaven for?"

When you've had enough of it, you'll unburden yourself of the constraints of a habit which has lost its value to you. And that is as it should be. Then you'll have temporal and financial room for a new burden which promises to have value to you. Experience is Life's purpose. Saying "No" to experience, you say "No" to life. Stop. Look. Listen. Feel the reality of your existence. Revel in it, for it will be over before you know it--and the LAST thing you want is to not be done by then.:getaway:

Are you a shrink? lol.

I am hooked, I like to think I could quit if I had to, but I get horrible cravings at the most inconvenient times. It mostly came on when I went on a huge diet, I put down the hamburger and picked up a cigarette so to speak. I smoked weed and the occasional cigar long before that, but that's when I really developed the habit. It would take something huge to make me quit. And any time I try, I put on 20 pounds. So you see what I mean.

That being said, you are one insightful guy. And I mostly agree.

Benzilla
03-23-07, 11:08 PM
Me, I just always wanted to try to see what it was like. Since I smoke Cigars the common view is "Disgusting" not "Cool". I don't mind.

Wait, you know people who think cigars and more disgusting that cigarettes? That's backwards.

SliceOfLife
03-24-07, 01:00 AM
This will get me in alot of justifiable riddicule, but , here goes. I "allowed" myself to smoke in my CTS after a birthday celebration at a local martini club. Since then I have been smoking cigarettes while I drive with the "promise" that once I have my cadi detailed after the last good snow here which is still imminent, I will stop smoking in it. ALSO (and it KILLS ME) my wife's uncle asked if he could hit his "one hitter" while we drove around. I told him only if he would let me come to his house and $%it on his living room floor. Being an ex pot smoker and having grown up and moved on (no offense I had a blast but I have to much going on now) I can understand the pot vs. cig smoke arguement and would side with the aroma of trees versus the stale odor of Pall Mall. I think maybe it's the whole moving violation thing. He smokes the good stuff too and I am sure it would have been a good contact buzz.:)

Dude...that was way harsh to your uncle. Yes, the moving violation thing is no small consideration these days. I'd have told him to get ready to eat what he's got and pitch the pipe, in case it becomes necessary. I take it nobody knows you've been smoking in the car? It'll probably take a few months of smoking in my car before it will smell right. But I get the impression that would be the WRONG smell for your car, eh? Your cabin filter may be getting a little yellow already. I don't think the smoke will stick to leather as readily as it would to cloth, but, hey, it's only a matter of time before the wife notices a little yellowing around the vent window, or a few flecks of ash here and there.:eye:

DopeStar 156
03-24-07, 01:21 AM
I don't know, are you? :D

I NEVER smoked crack.....

Realtordac
03-24-07, 03:03 AM
Dude...that was way harsh to your uncle. Yes, the moving violation thing is no small consideration these days. I'd have told him to get ready to eat what he's got and pitch the pipe, in case it becomes necessary. I take it nobody knows you've been smoking in the car? It'll probably take a few months of smoking in my car before it will smell right. But I get the impression that would be the WRONG smell for your car, eh? Your cabin filter may be getting a little yellow already. I don't think the smoke will stick to leather as readily as it would to cloth, but, hey, it's only a matter of time before the wife notices a little yellowing around the vent window, or a few flecks of ash here and there.:eye:
ya I admit that was harsh but we talk that way to each other. lol. we are in realestate and have blazed in model homes before. when i was still doing that. this to me is different its a cadi. the wife thing i wasn't worried about. i just feel bad smoking in the nicest car ive ever owned! its like im being a bad father.lol. this cabin filter tho-where is it? can i change/clean it myself.

Red_October_7000
03-24-07, 03:39 AM
Wait, you know people who think cigars and more disgusting that cigarettes? That's backwards.

My dad smokes cigarettes (and he's smoked some nasty ones at one time or another, "Marlboro" (and we all know how those are made, don't we?*), "Basic", "Maverick", "GPC", and so on), now he smokes Winstons which are pure tobacco and actually smell decent, and he thinks cigars are terrible. My ladyfriend can barely tolerate it when I smoke a really nice aromatic cigar, yet she smokes Salems and has been known to puff on Kools and even Newports when her "Black Label" Salems are not around (try finding those on any given day. I went to a huge tobacconists to try to get her a carton -now this place sells "More", "Now", "Lark", "Chesterfield" and a bunch of other brands you've never heard of or haven't seen outside the back of 30 year old Playboy magazines, and they had stopped carrying the friggin' Salem Black Label as they were unpopular!!!), but she hates Cigars!

I've met more people with this attitude than you'd think. I've even seen signs that say "Please refrain from Cigar and Pipe smoking" -like, WTF, those smell good (unless it's some weird cigar), while most cheap-ass cigarettes smell like you're smoking your gym socks.

*For your edification, "Marlboro" cigarettes -AKA Cowboy Killers, are made by sweeping up the floor in the Cigarette factory and processing these tiny bits of tobacco into a sheet that can be cut up and rolled into cigarettes. They burn like 30% quicker than a regular cigarette and are certainly not very good for you. I'm certainly no anti-smoking nutcase, but given the manufacturing method, I'd find a new smoke if I smoked 'em.

And just for yucks, while we're on the subject of nasty smokes, on Millitary bases (and perhaps elsewhere?) there are cigarettes in plain white packages that just say "Cigarettes" with the type they are -"100s", "King Size", "Menthol". They are really cheap ($3.20/pack) and apparently quite nasty. I've never tried one and see no reason to test these particular waters.

Realtordac
03-24-07, 04:00 AM
And just for yucks, while we're on the subject of nasty smokes, on Millitary bases (and perhaps elsewhere?) there are cigarettes in plain white packages that just say "Cigarettes" with the type they are -"100s", "King Size", "Menthol". They are really cheap ($3.20/pack) and apparently quite nasty. I've never tried one and see no reason to test these particular waters.

Actually, those arent too bad. As a conneseur of smokes/chokes I have been around the block and I have some thoughts on the whole generic thing. Most generics burn waaay quicker than name brands and while a person may THINK they are saving a buck they are actually smoking twice as much if not more. I found a happy medium. PALL MALL FILTERS (lights are okay too) the "reds" taste like camels and it takes about 5-7 minutes to smoke (8-9 if you just hold it) I learned this helpful fact while working as a waiter a few years back. I took the longest breaks and made alot of folks mad :) Plus they dont smell as bad. Also, try the beer that just says "beer" on a white can. It really exists and its pure $**T.

Benzilla
03-24-07, 04:24 AM
As far as cigarettes go, I only smoke Winston's or Salem's. Newport's are the worst I've ever tasted.

Not sure where Black&Milds fit in, but I smoke those too. They seem like a cross between a cigar and a cigarette.

Red_October_7000
03-24-07, 01:08 PM
I've always considered Black & Milds to be Cigars. I like those. The worst is something called "Captain Black" -they're little cigars the size and form factor of cigarettes, complete with filter. They taste terrible. Like a horrible cigarette with a hint of cigar thrown in.

SliceOfLife
03-24-07, 05:15 PM
ya I admit that was harsh but we talk that way to each other. lol. we are in realestate and have blazed in model homes before. when i was still doing that. this to me is different its a cadi. the wife thing i wasn't worried about. i just feel bad smoking in the nicest car ive ever owned! its like im being a bad father.lol. this cabin filter tho-where is it? can i change/clean it myself.

I know where you're coming from. I try hard to keep a nice car clean, but I take a step back when I catch myself getting fanatical about it. After all, no matter how nice it is, it's still just a car. It's easy to form an attachment to a car; and I've experienced the tendency to allow that attachment to grow beyond its proper bounds. It's natural to form an emotional bond, or attachment, to anything that recurs. I once had a severe carpal-tunnel-like episode where I had intense spasms of pain in my forearm (like it was being torn apart) that would last minutes a time and recurred at least hourly for a few weeks. When the condition subsided I found myself "missing it"...very odd.

The situation exists regarding cigarettes as well. The smoker forms an emotional attachment to the substance and the process of consuming it. Eventually, physical and mental attachments can form. It becomes part of your life. One thing I've never understood is chain-smoking. If I smoke too many too close together I don't like it very much. So I've been a pack-a-day smoker for 35 years. Coughing/expectorating is something I take very seriously. I must be done, and done properly, even for non-smokers. And, being a sedentary work, it's the best exercise I get.:shocked2:

From what I understand reading elsewhere in these forums the cabin filter is a 3-section filter (about the size and shape of a Pringles can) situated vertically above the gas pedal. And 99% of what I've read says it's a real bear to change out, mostly because of its inconvenient location, but also because the 3 sections have to be correctly aligned in their cylindrical housing. If you are sensitive to dust, or have allergies, it may be worth taking a look at; but, from the owner's manual:

Your vehicle will not be damaged if you choose not to
replace the filter once the old one is removed.

It is a scheduled maintenance item at 15000 mile intervals. (Interestingly, the fuel filter is NOT a scheduled maintenance item).

Rolex
03-24-07, 10:07 PM
I've always considered Black & Milds to be Cigars. I like those.

THose are made from pipe tobacco. There were several fellas, including myself, that smoked pipes in the dorm in college. Pipe tobacco has a wonder smell IMO. It's also very mild and easy to smoke. It will kill you all the same though.

Jonas McFeely
03-25-07, 04:17 AM
Nothing compares to the sweet,smoothe,delicious comforting Marlboro Light. I enjoy them. Alot. I havnt posted in like a year.Where is my arch nemesis Night Wolf? Im drunk. I have the interweb again,so nopw yous guys have the pleasure of reading my posts again.More pics of the ULTRA RARE SAGE GREEN BROUGHAM TO COME OMFG.:drink2::bunchies:

Word

Benzilla
03-25-07, 02:40 PM
Welcome back, nightwolf lost both if his caddies. He now rolls an Isuzu...

How's that puke green junker of yours coming? ;)

Jonas McFeely
03-26-07, 08:14 AM
HA! Isuzu? What an Impulse or a I-Mark? Probably. And my "puke green" Brougham is coming along great.It now has bumpers.Just got new plugs and wires, an O2 sensor,new rear shocks and new front bearings. Still needs some differntial work, other than that its running awesome,it just hit 70,000 last week. Im starting to address the rust issue this weekend, so the vinyl top is coming off.Me and the pops are gonna start the fun bondo process. I'll post some pics in the RWD forum.

Benzilla
03-26-07, 06:07 PM
Great, so with the rust are you going to repaint it? or is it that bad yet? If I remember right the paint was still in nice condition.

Jonas McFeely
03-26-07, 11:52 PM
Great, so with the rust are you going to repaint it? or is it that bad yet? If I remember right the paint was still in nice condition.

The rust by the back passenger side,where the vinyl top meets the the rear quarter panel is only about the size of a silver dollar.There is also some on the trunk that is getting worse.Theyre just small issues that need to be addressed before they get worse.As for a repaint, it was repainted in '99 by the previous owner.But it was a shoddy job cause the clear coat on the trunk and hood are done.I have big plans for her...

Benzilla
03-27-07, 01:23 AM
Be sure to post pics. :)

Jonas McFeely
03-27-07, 02:48 AM
Be sure to post pics. :)

For sure

Elvis
03-27-07, 11:43 AM
I smoked these for about 14 years:

http://www.cheap-cig.com/images/true.jpg

Then I switched to these for about seven years:

http://www.esmokes.com/images/styles/bkwoodblk.jpg

Just seeing that package of True Blues stirs a memory in my mind of relaxation, security, concentration and focus.

AND REGULARITY!

Damn I miss it. I could go back to smoking a pack a day right now. I'd get a lot of work done, too.

But my truck would stink, and so would I.

And I'd start coughing up some of that "lung butter" Rolex referred to.

I think I'll pass.

StuJac
03-27-07, 11:58 AM
Lifelong smoker who's cut back quite a bit. Had to go to a timer; every time it goes off (40 minute interval) I can have a smoke. Took me from 3 packs a day to just over 1 a day. Not great but it's a start. And, when I smoke in the car, the key is to turn off the climate control system so no smoke gets in. Works pretty well.

lawfive
03-27-07, 12:02 PM
Cigar on occasion.

lawfive
03-27-07, 12:02 PM
Never in the V, though.

Jonas McFeely
03-28-07, 03:24 PM
I just switched from Newports(5 years) to Marlboro Lights.It was a suprisingly easy transition.The Newports just got too damn harsh,especially in the morning.

I smoked a little over a pack yesterday,and i woke up this afternoon and took a deep breath and my lungs were sore.It quickly went away,but damn.Makes you really want to quit.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-29-07, 12:46 PM
I just switched from Newports(5 years) to Marlboro Lights.It was a suprisingly easy transition.The Newports just got too damn harsh,especially in the morning.

I smoked a little over a pack yesterday,and i woke up this afternoon and took a deep breath and my lungs were sore.It quickly went away,but damn.Makes you really want to quit.
welcome back, whered you go, when you come back?

either way welcome

wheres the 85 evergreen brougham pics

Jonas McFeely
03-29-07, 04:25 PM
welcome back, whered you go, when you come back?

either way welcome

wheres the 85 evergreen brougham pics

I'll put some up in the RWD forum this weekend,some before and after shots,as i am removing the vinyl top and starting some bondo work.