: 93 Seville Running Rich

bpeesy
03-15-07, 03:26 PM
Help!, I have a 93 Seville that's running very rich. so much so it's making the Cat glow red hot. I had a new Cat installed. I replaced a leaky injector but it still running rich. I tried clearing the old codes by disconnecting the battery removing fuses but all the codes show history. dont know if not being able to clear codes & running rich is related. any ideas are appreciated.

Ranger
03-15-07, 03:57 PM
History codes will not cause it to run rich. If you are sure no injectors are not leaking, check the FPR.

bpeesy
03-15-07, 08:11 PM
Actually I'm not sure no other injectors are leaking. I'm thinking of buying an injector seal kit. Is there a method of testing the FPR? If so please advise me. Thanks

Ranger
03-15-07, 10:24 PM
With the engine running, pull the vacuum line off of the fuel pump. Look for fuel leaking from the nipple. There should be none. If OK, with the engine off, lift the fuel rail with the injectors attached. Have someone turn the ignition on, but DO NOT crank. That will energize the fuel pump and pressurize the fuel system. Now look for a leaky injector.