: Corsa Sport exhaust on my 07 ESV

Jackalope Eye
03-15-07, 01:58 PM
Just got it installed 2 days ago. Corsa Sport out the passenger side. Looks SO much better than that crappy stock tailpipe. Doesn't sound that much different inside the cab, especially when you really get on it on the highway. From outside the cab at idle, you notice a much deeper rumble.....almost like "marine" exhaust like someone else said.....but not in a bad way. I'm not sure if I really have noticed a big difference in performance but I have already added the Volant air induction and have the Superchips programmer, which did made a big difference.

I'm debating if I really want to add anything else. I'm thinking about some big Baer brakes (Brembos are something like $8K...I'll buy another Rolex for that). Do I really need them as I have the stock 22's and it seems to stop OK?

What do you guys think?

hcvone
03-15-07, 04:46 PM
If you do not tow a lot or spend a lot of time in the mountains you will probably be fine with the stock brakes, they stop good with the stock 22's under normal driving

Black Beauty 03 ESV
03-15-07, 05:31 PM
Hey guys I have a question, I have 3 peice Asanti's(24's) on my 03 ESV and I've been running them for over a year, would you guys suggest abib brake upgrade and if so who and what?

hcvone
03-16-07, 07:45 AM
Do you tow? Do you have problems stopping now? There are many different upgrades, there are things like Baer Eradispeed +1 rotors that allow you to use larger rotors, the calipers are extended to fit the new rotors, this is a lower cost option. There are upgrades from Baer and SSBC (Stainless Steel Brake Company) to replace the calipers and rotors with ones that will still allow you to use 18" wheels (if you need to run snow tires in the winter, like me) these usually cosy a few grand, then there are full blown large brake kits from again companies like Baer and Brembo to name a few.

Jackalope Eye
03-16-07, 06:48 PM
I really just wanted to get big brakes because I have the 22" Caddy wheels and they have a lot of space between the spokes and you see those ugly stock brakes. I don't want some obnoxious red kit in there but a big black kit on my black on black Lade would look good. I don't do any towing and no driving in the mountains (city only) so I really have no problems with the stock brakes. I just don't know if I really want to pay another $5K on some Baers...let alone $9K or whatever on Brembo. I could buy another painting or another Rolex or another big weekend with coke and whores in Vegas.

Tough call....

hcvone
03-17-07, 07:07 AM
Look at the Baer Eradispeed +1 upgrade, It's about 1k (maybe a little higher) it uses your stock calipers and moves them outward with supplied brackets, and uses larger drilled and slotted rotors, there are several members that did this, I did this on one of my Z-06's, it worked and looked great

cadymon
03-17-07, 11:35 AM
any pics

zx6racer
03-17-07, 12:03 PM
I installed the Corsa sport exhaust about 2 weeks ago with a volant cai and a superchips flashpaq.

jamesmbond
03-17-07, 02:25 PM
Is everyone with the new Corsa Exhaust on a 2007 saying the noise is less or equal to the stock exhuast. I want the Corsa Touring but DO NOT want any more noise than stock for normal driving and even accelerating.

(My last Escalade had the Gibson exhaust, headers, etc and ended up annoyingly loud and "ruined" the luxury part of the truck a bit so I don't want to repeat that).

Krug Ford
03-17-07, 08:31 PM
I have not heard one on a 07 yet buy when the weather gets nice I was thinking about ordering up some for the lot to put on a selected few.

John00879
03-18-07, 02:27 PM
I really just wanted to get big brakes because I have the 22" Caddy wheels and they have a lot of space between the spokes and you see those ugly stock brakes. I don't want some obnoxious red kit in there but a big black kit on my black on black Lade would look good. I don't do any towing and no driving in the mountains (city only) so I really have no problems with the stock brakes. I just don't know if I really want to pay another $5K on some Baers...let alone $9K or whatever on Brembo. I could buy another painting or another Rolex or another big weekend with coke and whores in Vegas.

Tough call....

LMAO, that was funny. I say get the brakes, how many rolex's do you need. you can only wear one at a time.

hcvone
03-19-07, 07:11 AM
Is everyone with the new Corsa Exhaust on a 2007 saying the noise is less or equal to the stock exhuast. I want the Corsa Touring but DO NOT want any more noise than stock for normal driving and even accelerating.

(My last Escalade had the Gibson exhaust, headers, etc and ended up annoyingly loud and "ruined" the luxury part of the truck a bit so I don't want to repeat that).

Then stick with stock, any aftermarket sxhaust will be louder, maybe not much louder, but it will be louder. :)

Jackalope Eye
03-19-07, 01:21 PM
I installed the Corsa sport exhaust about 2 weeks ago with a volant cai and a superchips flashpaq.

That's exactly the same setup I have. What do you think?

zx6racer
03-19-07, 03:27 PM
Its better than stock. I wanted a little more out of it. My MPG is up a little if I dont beat on the truck.

Jackalope Eye
03-19-07, 07:16 PM
Its better than stock. I wanted a little more out of it. My MPG is up a little if I dont beat on the truck.

I put the Volant on first and then the Superchips programmer. After the programmer there was a BIG difference. I was hoping to notice a lot more with the exhaust but I almost want to say that it seems a little slower off the line now. Seems the same or just a lil better at highway speed. Might just be my imagination tho since I was expecting a lot more. Definitely louder...but not too loud.

zx6racer
03-19-07, 07:18 PM
I cant change the shift points with my flash paq