: Test drove 04 GTP w/competition package

Devil_concours
04-24-03, 04:16 PM
I'm sorry guys but this car was so responsive and nice i may get one sometime soon. Difference in responsiveness incomparable between the previous 97~03 GTP to this. Even cadillac w/northstar v8 might have some hard time keeping up with this one.

Brett
04-24-03, 04:24 PM
I can hear the responses to this one already

KC: Not a Cadillac, not interested

Kev: Not RWD, not interested

Ralph: Eh?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Brett: Little bit on the small side for me

ShakyJake
04-24-03, 04:58 PM
It's an automatic! Where's the competition in that?

Katshot
04-24-03, 05:27 PM
Not interested?!
Come on Brett, I may not like the car as compared with a RWD but the GP is (and has been) one of the best performing cars in GM's line up for years.
The trick one will be the "Comp-G" version. That puppy should be a REAL performer. F1-style paddle shifters, high-output engine, top 'o the line handling.......

Brett
04-24-03, 05:29 PM
Rats, i thought i had you guys pegged :)

Devil_concours
04-24-03, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ShakyJake
It's an automatic! Where's the competition in that?
automatic but it has TAC shifters. It is very reponsive in manual mode.

elwesso
04-24-03, 06:54 PM
Im sure its great, and we will probably get one once our lease runs up on our 02 GTP. I am not impressed with the 02, but it is still a fun car to drive that handles well.

kcnewell
04-24-03, 06:55 PM
Not a Cadillac, not interested

:D

Devil_concours
04-24-03, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by elwesso
Im sure its great, and we will probably get one once our lease runs up on our 02 GTP. I am not impressed with the 02, but it is still a fun car to drive that handles well.

you will not be disappointed.

Katshot
04-24-03, 09:22 PM
The '02 GTP is a MUCH better looking car to me at least. And Wes, if you're not impressed with the GTP, you haven't tried to mod it yet. It mods SO EASY and will net you a 13 sec. car with NO PROBLEM.
I just wish the new one didn't look like a Grand Am.

Devil_concours
04-24-03, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Katshot
The '02 GTP is a MUCH better looking car to me at least. And Wes, if you're not impressed with the GTP, you haven't tried to mod it yet. It mods SO EASY and will net you a 13 sec. car with NO PROBLEM.
I just wish the new one didn't look like a Grand Am.

You may not agree but car actually looked really good in real life. Looked more aggressive, and it didn't come with the ugly looking wheels that you see on pontiac's webpage.

Jinx
04-24-03, 11:13 PM
A 3600lb car with less than 300hp, not interested.

We all have our prejudices.

.Jinx

Mad'lac
04-24-03, 11:31 PM
The only Pontiac I want to see right now is the new GTO :D
V-8 LS1 :D

kcnewell
04-25-03, 01:23 AM
The only Pontiac I want to see is somebody elses......

Ralph
04-25-03, 01:28 AM
Ouch Dude, gee, maybe I'll get some FWD slicks for MY PONTIAC and go beat an Aztek to impress you. Personally I don't know if I care for the plasticy interior of the Grand Prix. Even looking at my dad's new DTS, there is no chrome, no shiny buttons, all plastic. But I know it will perform because my aunt had an SSEi.

Devil_concours
04-25-03, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Ouch Dude, gee, maybe I'll get some FWD slicks for MY PONTIAC and go beat an Aztek to impress you. Personally I don't know if I care for the plasticy interior of the Grand Prix. Even looking at my dad's new DTS, there is no chrome, no shiny buttons, all plastic. But I know it will perform because my aunt had an SSEi.

new grandprix's interior looks whole lot nicer and well designed. Plus you can get hud with gtp but you can't with cadillac.

Jinx
04-25-03, 01:44 AM
Plus you can get hud with gtp but you can't with cadillac.

If you need a HUD in a Cadillac, you're doing something wrong. :)

Ralph
04-25-03, 01:53 AM
I'm amazed that only Cadillac has the nightvision technology when practically everything now has the optional Navigation system!!?? I would have thought that Benz and BMW would offer NV by now. PS a dealer told me the NV system is causing too many accidents because of "distractions"?

Devil_concours
04-25-03, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Jinx
If you need a HUD in a Cadillac, you're doing something wrong. :)
I got used to driving my gtp with hud, i miss it everyday even when i'm driving my concours.

kcnewell
04-25-03, 02:42 AM
Navigation systems make no sense to me.....I mean, If you didn't take the time to figure out where you were going before you left, Do I want to be anywhere around you when you're trying to read that thing and drive at the same time? Never used them....NEVER will!

Ralph
04-25-03, 02:46 AM
I'll never use them either, but they can't be much worse than people behind you with a cell phone! Or on a cell while smoking! Or on a cell, while smoking checking her baby seat in the back!!! I've had many of those behind me! I also don't believe in the internet being available in cars now.

kcnewell
04-25-03, 02:54 AM
I've NEVER understood why people have a hard time driving and talking on the phone! I've driven Cars and Trucks and Big Rigs for years and have used the phone in all of them. It's not a distraction.......Unless maybe the person that can't drive with the phone shouldn't be driving with or without it!

Ralph
04-25-03, 02:59 AM
I must admit I've done it, but they said on the news that if you are on a cell while driving, you are 400% more likely to have an accident. Says lots for the chicks (always in red Civics) putting on make-up while they drive! (usually behind me).

kcnewell
04-25-03, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
I must admit I've done it, but they said on the news that if you are on a cell while driving, you are 400% more likely to have an accident.

Ralph, You've gotta quit believing everything they say on the news! They don't say anything about....Eating, Reading, Personal grooming, Having conversations with passengers, GPS systems, or any other of a host of activities that are far more distracting than talking on a phone! The California Highway Patrol did a study and found that Cell Phones weren't nearly as distracting nor were they a contributing factor in as many accidents as was first thought. But the news papers around here didn't pay much attention! 'Cause it dosen't support their established editorial position. So.....They didn't report it!

Ralph
04-25-03, 03:26 AM
Sounds like I must have been watching FOX news again LOL.

kcnewell
04-25-03, 03:27 AM
Sound like you weren't!

Ralph
04-25-03, 03:39 AM
Fox seems to be hyped-up sometimes. For example when you mentioned that in Iraq, they discovered a nuculear weapons facility, I checked all the news channels and couldn't find anything on it. Unless it was later found to be unverified or ? I figured you watched FOX for that?

Katshot
04-25-03, 08:29 AM
Most of the newer audio based systems guide you with voice prompts. They're actually fairly easy to use and not distracting at all. On the other hand, the HUD in the Pontiac and Cadillac is nothing more than expensive, useless fluff and that's why they aren't in more cars.

Devil_concours
04-25-03, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Katshot
Most of the newer audio based systems guide you with voice prompts. They're actually fairly easy to use and not distracting at all. On the other hand, the HUD in the Pontiac and Cadillac is nothing more than expensive, useless fluff and that's why they aren't in more cars.

I don't know man. Having my speed posted right below the line of my eye sight is very helpful. It may be distracting at first but it is very useful once you get use to it.

HUD on gtps posts speed, gear, gear change indicator, low gas, turn signal, radio/cd info. Combination of HUD and steering mounted control seem to make car safer than one without it.

Brett
04-25-03, 12:31 PM
When i had my bette, i never used the HUD, didnt like it at all. My wife on the other hand loved it, so different strokes blah blah blah