: My new-used, 05 STS

caddyaddict
03-14-07, 11:33 PM
Just purchased my 1st Caddy. Traded my BMW in, and never looked back. I got the 05 STS V8 with every available option. Only problem is the Navigation Manual is missing. I was looking for a list of Voice Commands. Anyone have that info available, or know where to find it online? I've tried Googling it to no avail. Love the website too! Can't wait to start doing mods!!!

Forever Hooked on a Caddy!!!

STScadillac99
03-14-07, 11:56 PM
hello, here ya go. the whole manual in PDF format. enjoy the reading! https://www.mygmlink.com/pdf/go2content/manual/US/en/cadillac/2k05sts_nav.pdf

Benjamin Simon
03-15-07, 12:28 AM
I just got my new to me 05 STS v8 1SG. You have the 1SG also?
I am 24 and people are rather surprised to see me driving such a clean Lac.

caddyaddict
03-15-07, 08:36 AM
Yeah I too have the 1SG and I am 32 years old...I live in Pinehurst NC, where the population is mostly retired, so I get alot of strange looks from the "older" neighbors...About 6 months ago, while driving my BMW to work, 3 deer ran into the side of my car...I was given an '06 DTS as a rental while my BMW was being repaired...From the moment I drove it I was hooked on the Cadillac...The STS is an incredible car...The responsiveness is overwhelming...Can't wait to add a few more horsepower under the hood...

Thanks STScadillac99 for the link, that helps tremendously...I'm going to try to find a manual on Ebay before going to the dealership...Can't wait for the DVD/Navi in motion issue to be resolved...That's the only complaint with my new toy so far!!

cooncat
03-15-07, 09:52 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I too am a new owner. I have a 2006 new-used STS V8 with the 1SE package in Stealth Gray with the Black Leather. I love the car. Enjoy the car and welcome to the family.

Kadonny
03-15-07, 10:25 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I too am a new owner. I have a 2006 new-used STS V8 with the 1SE package in Stealth Gray with the Black Leather. I love the car. Enjoy the car and welcome to the family.

:postpics:

jlmartin99
03-15-07, 11:33 AM
Just purchased my 1st Caddy. Traded my BMW in, and never looked back. I got the 05 STS V8 with every available option. Only problem is the Navigation Manual is missing. I was looking for a list of Voice Commands. Anyone have that info available, or know where to find it online? I've tried Googling it to no avail. Love the website too! Can't wait to start doing mods!!!

Forever Hooked on a Caddy!!!

Greetings caddyaddict,

Congratulations! I have a 2005 STS V8 as well and I adore this luxury sedan.

JLM

caddyaddict
03-15-07, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone...Looking forward to reading/posting in the forums...

cooncat
03-15-07, 12:20 PM
How do I post pictures?

zzzasy
03-15-07, 12:36 PM
I didn't have the manual when I purchased my car either. I ordered mine from Helm's inc. They are producers of manuals for a number of manufacturers; so you find a lot of good stuff there including the official service manuals. I believe I paid $10 for the manual from helm's.

zzzasy
'05 STS

thefred
03-15-07, 05:52 PM
I didn't have the manual when I purchased my car either. I ordered mine from Helm's inc. They are producers of manuals for a number of manufacturers; so you find a lot of good stuff there including the official service manuals. I believe I paid $10 for the manual from helm's.

zzzasy
'05 STS
zzzasy,

I was just going to suggest that! I was in the same boat and just got mine from Helm today. FYI here is the link to order your manual...

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=&Mfg=GMC&Make=CAD&Model=STS&Year=2005&Category=2&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia=&mscsid=XR1NDE730BMX8M6TQUXRXDGW82CNBRG0

Jesda
03-16-07, 07:28 AM
How do I post pictures?

When you post, click "Manage Attachments"

cooncat
03-16-07, 03:13 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of my wonderful car.

cooncat
03-16-07, 03:17 PM
Here is one more.

Jesda
03-16-07, 04:27 PM
Damn, looks even better in the daylight!

cooncat
03-16-07, 06:08 PM
You could see why I feel in love with her. I don't think I could have done any better. She is real special. The color is killer and so rare. The first thing people say when they see her is, "I love the color".

Thanks for helping me in posting these pictures.

Sal told me he would put a picture of her in next year's calendar.

Bob

joel4779
03-20-07, 01:05 AM
Here's my new certified 1SG STS4...with a few most recent modifications including Volant Cold Air Intake, 20" wheels 255/35/20, and tint of course. Exhaust is next week: :)

Caroutisine
03-20-07, 05:11 AM
Beautiful pictures. Cooncat, are those stock rims? I'm looking for some 17" to put my stock tires on for the summer and like the 5 spoke look. Was considering Eagle 168, 077 or 062.

cooncat
03-20-07, 07:49 AM
No, those are after market rims. The car came as it looks. I was very lucky this way.

Thanks.

Caroutisine
03-20-07, 08:36 AM
No, those are after market rims. The car came as it looks. I was very lucky this way.

Thanks.

Yes, very nice. Mind if I ask what size and brand/model of rim if you know?

c5 rv
03-20-07, 08:37 AM
Stealth Gray is an awesome color. It took a while for me to find a SRX in that color. Looks great on a STS, too.

cooncat
03-20-07, 10:57 AM
I love the color. I think I first saw it in the brochure, then on cars on e-bay. I said, that is the color I must have. I was very lucky one turned up fairly quicky. The first thing people say when they see the car, is they love the color. It is different from the silver, black and white.

The car is wonderful.

cooncat
03-20-07, 12:48 PM
The wheels are 18 inch and the brand is ASA.

jmyrick
03-23-07, 09:39 PM
I bought a black 2005 1SG today as well. Nice nice car!

Wiseguy2
03-25-07, 01:26 AM
Nice cars!

Here's my Stealth Grey '06.. a little um, a little less clean :stirpot:

Wiseguy2
03-25-07, 01:27 AM
Oh, and to the OP... I'm also a BMW Convert. In fact, I got an STS because of an article in the BMWCCA's Magazine praising the car!

(BMWCCA = BMW Car Club of America).

Nuke35
03-27-07, 07:06 AM
Oh, and to the OP... I'm also a BMW Convert. In fact, I got an STS because of an article in the BMWCCA's Magazine praising the car!

(BMWCCA = BMW Car Club of America).

I'm also a new STS (V8 1SE) owner and just joined this board. It took me about a year to get mine, mainly because I bought what I thought I "should" buy, instead of what I wanted to buy.

I was shopping for a car last year and it came down to either an Infiniti M35 or an STS. Every car magazine had been heaping praise on the M35, so that's what I went with. The car has wonder technology, excellent road manners, and absolutely no soul whatsoever. Everything I read about it told me the car was special, but it never felt that way. And every time I'd see an STS on the road, I had second thoughts.

So last weekend I unloaded the M and picked up my STS. I couldn't be happier. The car rides, looks and even smells like a special event. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to the morning commute!

Wiseguy2
03-28-07, 01:03 AM
I know what ya mean!

I own a BMW independent shop. we're pretty well known in the area and cater to enthusiasts/club members.

We do a lot of performance work, build and support race cars, etc.

Whenever the Caddy's outside the shop, people literally laugh at it "YOu drive a CADILLAC? hahahahaha!"

Then I throw them the keys. The reactions are priceless, usually on the lines of "Wow, that car's amazing!".

I know :)