: Reprogramming Computer

Roswell256
03-23-04, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an adapter and maybe a little bit of software so that I can plug my laptop into the connector on my car. I love computer programming and I'm looking to make my own computer display that will show up RPM, coolent Temp, and all kinds of stuff in real time as well as long and graph these values over time. I'm no afraid to build my own connector if someone finds a schematic that will work. bbobynski (sp?)... you wouldn't know where I could find something to connect to this would you? thanks for the help

Roswell

BeelzeBob
03-23-04, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an adapter and maybe a little bit of software so that I can plug my laptop into the connector on my car. I love computer programming and I'm looking to make my own computer display that will show up RPM, coolent Temp, and all kinds of stuff in real time as well as long and graph these values over time. I'm no afraid to build my own connector if someone finds a schematic that will work. bbobynski (sp?)... you wouldn't know where I could find something to connect to this would you? thanks for the help

Roswell

Uh....no. Even if I did it would be illegal for me to give it to you. Sorry.

Roswell256
03-23-04, 02:49 PM
True... makes sense. But its not illegal for me to do this, is it?... I mean all I'm doing is reading the values from the computer and puting them into a fancy display. There shouldn't be anything illegal about that... BUt I can understand how it would be illegal for you to give it to me. Thanks