: Introducing myself as a new member

yhb7231
03-14-07, 04:22 PM
Hello all, I am introducing myself as a new member. I am YHB7231 and I own a 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS. When I first bought that car used 4 years ago it was in top condition. Lately, I have been getting problems. First PO39 comes on when I accelerate on a slight hill. I bought the PROM that is supposed to fix that problem some time ago, but could not find any details as to how to install it. Help on that would be greatly appreciated. Second, the ABS light came on last week and never wants to go away. I do not have a clue what is causing that! Third, which is very aggrevating, when I stop at a stop light with the transmission engaged the engine, intermittantly, hesitates badly as if the engine wants to die. This only happens for a second. I changed the ISC motor, but that did not help! If the car sits in idle with the transmission in park that problem never occurs. There are no error codes. Please help! Thanks.

lawfive
03-14-07, 04:48 PM
Woo hoo, IBG!! Welcome to the forum, YHB. Post pics of your SLS!

:welcome5:

RunningOnEMT
03-14-07, 04:50 PM
don't mind the smell ... Lawfive just hasnt showered in a while...

AlBundy
03-14-07, 05:03 PM
don't mind the smell ... Lawfive just hasnt showered in a while...

neither has IgotmeaV. Welcome to the forum.:thumbsup:

Rolex
03-14-07, 05:08 PM
:welcome: YHB we're glad to have you here. The Lounge is a great place to mingle with others and meet the members, but no so great for the answers to the technical answers you're seeking. You should re-post your technical questions in the SLS forums. I'm sure you'll find help there. :thumbsup:

Blackout
03-14-07, 05:15 PM
Hey man! Welcome to the site. I can tell you why the car is acting up.....because Cadillac's are POS's. I'm the voice of reason around here. But I'm just kidding. We have plenty of members with vast knowledge of every thing about the Cadillac's so I'm sure someone one here has probably had your problem or something similar to it. Since you have a SLS I would say to check out the Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum section on here and there is plenty of people there that could help you out with any and all issues or questions you may have for your car. Once again welcome to the forums and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay!

RightTurn
03-14-07, 06:02 PM
Woo hoo, welcome new member!! YAY! :LittleB:

:welcome5:

urbanski
03-14-07, 07:02 PM
you're going to want to post questions in the proper forum for your vehicle. the Lounge is only for saying hi....
so hi!

jstein12
03-14-07, 07:09 PM
Welcome - you're in for a ride

BTW: PO039 is the torque converter clutch assembly. Had it repeatedly on my 95 eldy ETC. Could be as simple as a few minor fixes that triggered the code(IE:insulating the ignition wires - believe it or not), up to needing a new transaxle.

Had to get a new tranny in my case. Don't despair - might not be you.

Learn how to scan your OBD and buy the service manuals.

When all was good, I was always proud of my CADDILAC. When my baby turned on me, it was a Crappilac! These cars have no in between.

See ya in the lounge. I'm now a CTS guy.

If you continue with us, please consider being a supporting member.

Joe :bouncy: