: 70 Deville Sedan. Gangster!

suiside
03-14-07, 03:48 AM
So ive been on the forum for a bit now but dont post too much..i while ago i was given this caddy by a friend that had hopes of restorin it but the wife had other plans...soo after a few washes and a tune-up i got it runnin and here is what it looked like!
http://a162.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/39/l_c4729f50eaa72f5a30007952406f48e9.jpg

There was a large leak in the rear window from rust that had eaten the metal away so the carpet came out and rubber coating went in..other than that...the interior is all original minus a Pioneer head unit, (2) 5 1/2" Speakers under dash,(2) 3 1/2" speakers on top of dash, and (2) 6x9s!! all Infinity Kappas. and the wiring for the sound re-done.
http://a919.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/49/l_59404fd118054a3f1d2b4c20d464cce6.jpg

a few months later i began the dump of money into this old boat..and the engine has begaun to reflect on future goals...since this picture, i have taken out all heater, air and smog related items and the engine now sites all lonely with only the brake booster to give it company!
http://a381.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/60/l_bc1ab2e0bed6e299e242a824971c517c.jpg

a few weeks after i decided to drop the car and add some famous 3" White Walls..gotta love the classic looks..oh and i forgot to mention the engine has a new alternator, Sanderson Block Hugger Headers and 2 1/2" piping to (2) Flowmaster 40 Series canisters dumped at the rear axle..

http://myspace-720.vo.llnwd.net/01432/02/75/1432845720_l.jpg

http://a958.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/l_4847d2322a772ce73f6cf5d0e902422d.jpg

http://a499.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/33/l_79f30e984cbe7bd9ab1fd66a481920b2.jpg
SInce these picutres i have begun to sand the whole car donw..all the rust has been removed minus a few spots i recently found..and the top has been covered in Spectra Primer..to protect the roof from rust!...thanks for your time and ty for looking..

-Suiside

96Fleetwood
03-14-07, 08:34 AM
Nice!!

I miss my 1970 Coupe Deville Convertible :mad:

3rd
03-14-07, 10:30 AM
Mine looks just like that, same color too, mines been restored tho, (not that much since the previous owners babied it), and my seat bottoms are fabric just like the back, my top is like a lizard print white, also they mustve dropped that one down, itll look real good after ur done with it, I love mine

lochenjons
03-14-07, 10:39 AM
that is one nice sedan deville!!! keep us posted on your progress

cadillac_al
03-14-07, 03:54 PM
You got that for free? Nice. I always liked the 69-70's the best. When I bought my 70 Deville I didn't even care if it ran; I just wanted to sit in it. It was dark grey/black vinyl top definitely gangster color. Peace.

codewize
03-14-07, 06:30 PM
Nice car. If that's you in the car you look a lot like a friend of mine, who is also a Cadi fan.

Klez
03-14-07, 10:37 PM
I like it :thumbsup:

chuckwagon009
03-14-07, 11:01 PM
Beautiful car man, what is next in your plan for mods. How did you lower the car, and was your alignment an issue going that low? It looks like in pic 4/5 that your camber is ok, but it looks a little negative on the last one. How much did you take out?

If you are going full out, a 3-5" top chop would look perfect.

suiside
03-15-07, 01:35 AM
Beautiful car man, what is next in your plan for mods. How did you lower the car, and was your alignment an issue going that low? It looks like in pic 4/5 that your camber is ok, but it looks a little negative on the last one. How much did you take out?

If you are going full out, a 3-5" top chop would look perfect.

umm..i do plan to go full out of course this will be a very very very long project..(if i dont decide to sell it)
I have looked into alot and for me to tell you all my plans would probably fill one whole webpage..but the low and dirty is to have this caddy with a modern interior of a deville, with great suspension like a modern caddy, and an engine you would find on a hot rod!!....

THE ENGINE..
Its a 472, at which i plan to have it built to a conservative 8lbs of boost from a BDS blower yet keep it reliable for a weekend worrior! I plan to have no A/C, as i dont have right now.

THE BODY..
Since its a sedan. i plan to shave all the emblems and door handles and suicide the rear doors. with only a chrome side trim steaming through the sides of the body..re-chrome all the bumpers and trimings aswell..as for the color i have yet to decide..i have been debating on flat back all around except bright red on the sides of the car..or lime green and a white top..im kinda stuck on the color..i hope it will come to me!

THE CHASIS/SUSPENSION..
I have been looking at how much it would cost to have a frame built for this car so that i may powder coat it red and have disc brakes all around..its gonna probably be aroun 8k..so we will see ...but id like to include shockwaves all around as well for the suspension and have wilwood brakes..

THE INTERIOR..
I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE the Dynasty material that that car has in it right now but wiht 7 month of calling and searching i have yet to find somone that still carries it or can get it!! im sad..sooif i can find the material in the same color i will have the seats re-upholstered and redone to look more like a new deville so i can at least be comfortable.but with out air of course..im in cali we dont need no stinkin a/c..if i cant get the material, im then stuck on 2 options..one would be black suede and red interior..and the other would be all light tan leather interior..

CONCLUSION>..
im still yound and have alot of time to think but man this hurts your pocket badley ..especially since i am a full-time student and work part time and alos have a new car payment on a 07 FJ Cruiser..alot of dreams and plans so we willsee where this car takes me..

-Suiside

oh and btw..that is not me in the car that is my ex-girlfriend..tryin to act as if its her car..lol

eldorado99
03-15-07, 02:00 AM
You're looking for original fabric? http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

I just ordered from these guys, I can almost guarantee they'd have your fabric. They had mine which is the same except that it is purple instead of green. I ordered enough to redo all the seats in my '70 DeVille, and it came to $350.00

mharker
03-15-07, 10:14 AM
You're looking for original fabric? http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

I just ordered from these guys, I can almost guarantee they'd have your fabric. They had mine which is the same except that it is purple instead of green. I ordered enough to redo all the seats in my '70 DeVille, and it came to $350.00

Hey eldo... good for you. Was I the one who recommended SMS to you? I've posted it a few times. It's incredible that they have this NOS fabric in stock.

steillex
03-15-07, 11:16 AM
rides looks killer dude!!! how did you lower that boat?? cut the coils??

eldorado99
03-15-07, 02:26 PM
Hey eldo... good for you. Was I the one who recommended SMS to you? I've posted it a few times. It's incredible that they have this NOS fabric in stock.

Yes I believe you were the one who recommended SMS to me, Thanks again! I phoned them and they knew exactly how much I needed. It's amazing how reasonable their prices are since if I would have gone with some cheap substitute I probably would have only saved a couple hundred bucks out of the $1500 or so this re-do is costing me. The small premium you pay for this stuff is well worth it.

suiside
03-15-07, 03:49 PM
rides looks killer dude!!! how did you lower that boat?? cut the coils??

yea..i cut the coils if i remember wright it was 2 in the front and 1 1/2 in the rear...soon enough ill be ridin on air..still deciding wheather to buy a new frame with the discs all around and shockaves..or to just take the body off and have this frame sand blasted, powder coated, disc brake converstion all around and have shockwaves customed to the frame...i think the first option would be cheaper..

stan07730
03-15-07, 06:10 PM
Sweet Ride, Goomba. I've gotta believe you've got a ton of time and money, but if you're passionate enough about it , it will be a true labor of love.

Fleet
03-17-07, 01:35 AM
You got that for free? Nice. I always liked the 69-70's the best. When I bought my 70 Deville I didn't even care if it ran; I just wanted to sit in it.
Me, too. The '69/'70 are my favorite years... IMO, the last of classic Cadillac styling. The last years for the high-compression 472 and the seats are much thicker than the '71s (at least when comparing my '69 FB to the '71 FB I once owned).