: '93 Dash top needed

425 Dual Quad
03-13-07, 07:55 PM
Hi all,

My wife is getting fed up looking at the cracks in her '93 Fleetwood Brougham dash top. Can't say I blame her especially when the one in my '94 is sooo pristine!!:D

Can anyone help please - dash is a dark blue colour but I could paint/ dye if neccessary.
Also a set of original pattern/ carpet material floor mats front & back would be good.

Thanks all
Nick

Old Fleetwood
03-13-07, 09:17 PM
Nick -
I believe this topic popped up a while back. When it did, I suggested covering the cracked dash with the appropriate color NAUGAHYDE (q.v.).
I used the stuff on my last boat and found it forgiving when used by an amateur since I had to go around curves, cut out for instruments, etc.
Then again, you might just go for some nice, well-trimmed Connolly leather ( ! ) installed by a master :thumbsup:

509Rider
03-14-07, 12:35 AM
Nick -
I believe this topic popped up a while back. When it did, I suggested covering the cracked dash with the appropriate color NAUGAHYDE (q.v.).
I used the stuff on my last boat and found it forgiving when used by an amateur since I had to go around curves, cut out for instruments, etc.
Then again, you might just go for some nice, well-trimmed Connolly leather ( ! ) installed by a master :thumbsup:I agree get it recovered, it is pretty cheap and it is easy to remove yourself.

425 Dual Quad
03-24-07, 04:55 PM
Guys, thanks - yes I might just do that. Shipping it over form the US to Ireland would be a nightmare anyway.

I guess doing it would not be too bad. I'll have to see if getting it out is covered in my shop manual. Would I have to take the windshield out to get the dash top out?

Also how do you get round the front passenger airbag that sites flat on top of the dash? Doesn't the airbag come out the top of this or is this a lid that flies up to let the airbag deploy?
I can imagine covering it over woudl give rise to some safety issues and DoT inspection issues, no?

All advice welcome.

BTW - nice car Old Fleetwood!

regards
Nick:)

Rob Benham
03-24-07, 08:26 PM
Mine's cracked as well. From the Texas heat to a cold climate did the harm.

We have an aftermarket cover made for this car and fits on with velcro. Looks okay buy not as good as the smooth origional.

There is a flap hinged at the back for the airbag.

Old Fleetwood
03-24-07, 09:16 PM
Nick - Thanks for thinking the oldie was mine. I sure wish it was, but that picture is available as an avatar on this site back in the "catacombs" in the upper left hand part of the screen where you'll find the member stuff.
My own Cadillac is a relatively plain Jane 1995 Fleetwood Brougham in Dark Adriatic Blue.
But back to more important things - - -
Can you get someone involved with SADDLERY to tan and dye some good Connolly leather for your dash top and then, as noted in the post above, to velcro attach it to your dash top (with appropriate airbag cutout, of course) and do all this without removing the windshield?
If not, as I noted NAUGAHYDE is an acceptable substitute which I used - and abused - on my boat.

425 Dual Quad
03-25-07, 05:47 AM
HI Rob, Old Fleetwood,

Thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can get a saddlery company to do something

best regards
Nick