: Introducing myself

hcuda2
03-13-07, 07:19 PM
Hey everyone. I'm introducing myself! I'm hcuda2 I have a 1996 STS with Starting problems.

I've been following numerous threads on this site but still can't get mine going. I'm posting an intro message because everytime I try to post something else I get messages saying that I'm spamming.

Hope this helps!

P.S.

I get the Starting Disabled Due to Theft System message. I went below the dash and put in the resistors. When that didn't work I made resistor packs for each of the 15 values available and tried them 1 at a time. That didn't help either.

I got a second IPC and when I put that in the car will start and run but all the gauges are wrong and the car shows 200,000+ miles instead of 70,000.

Any help?

urbanski
03-13-07, 07:34 PM
ibg

make sure you ask questions in the proper forum for your car...the Lounge is for saying hi.

so...hi :)

lawfive
03-13-07, 08:10 PM
IBG :bouncy:

Hi hcuda! Big :welcome5:

Rolex
03-13-07, 08:26 PM
:welcome: to the forums. You should try the STS forums for the technical stuff if you don't get the answers in the audio forum. ;)

CIWS
03-13-07, 09:32 PM
Greetings and welcome to the forums.

CadillacGurl
03-14-07, 05:02 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/

Just click that link and post a new thread detailing your problem, hopefully that works out for you! Welcome to the forums!

jstein12
03-14-07, 07:38 PM
Welcome,

As suggested stay in the appropriate forum for you car and concern.

I presume you have the 32V Northstar. The starter is INTERNAL in the valley of the engine block! Hope it's not the starter. Check all else first.

Take this to the boards.

Good luck - Joe:thumbsup:

AlBundy
03-14-07, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the forum. Go to the Eldo/Seville forum and you will get more info than needed so don't worry.