: The next Cadillac wagon?

CaddyinKC
03-13-07, 02:46 PM
Check out the following link. Maybe this gives us an idea what the CTS wagon / SRX will look like in a couple of years.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/news/another-halfcadillac-comes-to-europe-the-bls-wagon-243406.php

c5 rv
03-13-07, 03:06 PM
I don't think the CTS wagon will have that tall of a greenhouse.

TSS
03-13-07, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the link - even though I don't like the look.

If it really does replace the SRX, I will look elsewhere (within the Cadillac line).

It looks small, is too close to the ground for me, and agree the greenhouse is very tall. It looks kind of disproportional.

robhersch
03-13-07, 03:37 PM
Check out the following link. Maybe this gives us an idea what the CTS wagon / SRX will look like in a couple of years.

Thanks but no-thanks. A VIBE by any other name is still a VIBE! My opinion is that if this becomes the next Cad SRX, neither the GMC Acadia nor the Buick Enclave will stop the run to Lex RX (for FWD 6 cyl) or BMW, MB, Cayenne (for RWD 8 cyl)... although their ~$90k++ pricetags may slow the run somewhat.

donjumpsuit
03-13-07, 04:24 PM
This is a re-badged, re-skinned Saab 9-3 for the European market. As we all know, wagons are way more popular in Europe, they even let them be called WAGONS!

jrose7004
03-13-07, 09:16 PM
It really looks small.

afg350ci
03-14-07, 08:02 AM
This is a re-badged, re-skinned Saab 9-3 for the European market. As we all know, wagons are way more popular in Europe, they even let them be called WAGONS!

You are correct. That is the BLS Wagon based on the 9-3. Lutz confirmed that he will NOT be bringing the BLS to the US. Jim Taylor, General Manager of Cadillac, does not want a car smaller than the CTS, but Bob Lutz says that he is considering one, but it would probably be RWD.

As for the CTS wagon, check out this picture of the CTS-V Wagon concept.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/03/cts_v_wagon.jpg

And please, no more comments on the tall glass. As you can see, this one is similar to the Magnum look of an American Sport Wagon.

afg350ci
03-14-07, 08:05 AM
Thanks but no-thanks. A VIBE by any other name is still a VIBE! My opinion is that if this becomes the next Cad SRX, neither the GMC Acadia nor the Buick Enclave will stop the run to Lex RX (for FWD 6 cyl) or BMW, MB, Cayenne (for RWD 8 cyl)... although their ~$90k++ pricetags may slow the run somewhat.

VIBE??? :thehand:

The Vibe is a rebadged Toyota Matrix. There is no reason to discuss that car in this forum. :thepan:

As mentioned above, the BLS is based on the 9-3, which itself shares a platform with the new Saturn Aura (which is the North American Car of the Year, by the way) and the Pontiac G6. NO VIBES HERE.

c5 rv
03-14-07, 09:40 AM
VIBE??? :thehand: ... NO VIBES HERE.

You sound like my wife. If I ever want to get her going, all I have to do is mention that I should have bought a Vibe for a commuting car.

jrose7004
03-14-07, 11:22 PM
I like the looks of that CTS-V wagon.

afg350ci
03-15-07, 07:40 AM
I would have preferred an SRX-V, but if the CTS-V Wagon is the only thing that'll be available...

GMJim
03-16-07, 06:40 AM
As for the CTS wagon, check out this picture of the CTS-V Wagon concept.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/03/cts_v_wagon.jpg

current body style will be good through 2009
look for something very similar to this in 2010.

afg350ci
03-19-07, 09:13 AM
current body style will be good through 2009
look for something very similar to this in 2010.

Why would they do that if they have been developing the CTS-V alongside the regular CTS?

http://www.thecarconnection.com/zoom-image.asp?/images/gallery/11267_XVCOWASPRZPRN.jpg

I read on several pages that it would be a 2009 model probably available in late 2008.

Are you saying that Cadillac will be selling the new CTS alongside the old CTS-V for 2 years?

airbalancer
03-19-07, 11:01 AM
Sound like BMW, they were selling E-46 M and sellng the new E-90 at the same time