: What Bluetooth phones work?

thefred
03-13-07, 09:54 AM
I have gone around and around trying to get this information from Verizon and from GM and from Denso (the manufacturer of the nav unit). But, alas, the best I have is that GM has only tested three phones Verizon's Treo 700P, T-Mobile's RAZR and Cingular's SLVR.

There must be more that work (at least I hope so!), but there is no list anywhere. So, what do you have that works (provider and phone)and are there any functions that do not work?

ijsegurola
03-13-07, 10:17 AM
I have a Treo 650 that works well...

flyboy767
03-13-07, 11:15 AM
http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/bluetooth_car_kit.html

Use this link to see which Verizon phones work with your denso unit

thefred
03-13-07, 12:00 PM
I have a Treo 650 that works well...
Do you have Verizon or another carrier? What software version are you running on the Treo? Have you had the software upgrade on the car?

thefred
03-13-07, 12:03 PM
http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/bluetooth_car_kit.html

Use this link to see which Verizon phones work with your denso unit
Thanks. Accroding to this information, many units pending and very little indicating that they work.

Cajonkev
03-13-07, 01:44 PM
There is no list that accurately reflects what will work for you unfortunately.

Technically any BT 1.1/1.2 phone qualifies as functional for pairing and depending on the handset may offer ring pass-through if so equipped. OBject EXchange is not supported on any device. That is what is shown in the charts from Verizon and others.

The trick with this head unit is that some folks have zero problems from the start with any number of handsets yet others can have the same model with the same software/firmware and have difficulties.

There are over a dozen threads with pages and pages of "it works for me" or "it won't work with any" to read through.

Personally I have been through 15 different handsets on six different head units from both depot and OEM providers on an 05 and an 06 without ever getting to 100%. This includes the just revised/released re-program software that came out in January which I had loaded on my unit last week.

Bottom line is to take your best shot, and if you can't get to perfect. At least decide what works best for you.

Good luck

ewill3rd
03-13-07, 02:04 PM
I know I had a customer that had a samsung phone that was having some major issues with his '07 STS. It was some multi media model 900 phone.

I will look into this issue and see if I can get some list of tested phones or phones with known issues.

thefred
03-13-07, 02:50 PM
I know I had a customer that had a samsung phone that was having some major issues with his '07 STS. It was some multi media model 900 phone.

I will look into this issue and see if I can get some list of tested phones or phones with known issues.

Ewill,

I don't want to create double work for Lindsay. Especially for the fees I pay!! I e-mailed James about this yesterday and he was going to look into it. I just thought if I could get some feedback from actual users, it might be helpful.

Thanks!

thefred
03-13-07, 02:53 PM
Personally I have been through 15 different handsets on six different head units from both depot and OEM providers on an 05 and an 06 without ever getting to 100%. This includes the just revised/released re-program software that came out in January which I had loaded on my unit last week.

Bottom line is to take your best shot, and if you can't get to perfect. At least decide what works best for you.

Good luck
Well, right now, I am at nothing. Which phones did you find worked best? Or is it completely hit or miss? Should I go to Verizon and have them give me 6 of the same phone until I get one that works or do they start and stop working too?

Cajonkev
03-13-07, 03:47 PM
At least for me (and a few others that have posted previously), it is more "hit and miss".

I have never had a phone I could not get initially paired. this includes Verizon, Srint/Nextel, AT&T/T-Mobile & Cingular offerings of both Smartphone and basic handset types.

I have tried Moto's, Palm's, Nokia's, Samsung, LG's and more.

My issues have always been around the "failure to mute on incoming call", "distant party hears echo" and "failure to pair to default handset upon vehicle start".

They have always been intermittent and frequency/quality have varied with the various handsets.

The Moto V710 is the only unit I could not get to really work at all (even though it paired) and it had a separate reception issue with the head unit. There are others here who have had no problem with the V710 though.

You mentioned Trio and I have used the 650P and the 700W with the same issues as listed above. Again, others have done fine with them especially if they are flashed with the latest firmware and for the 700w with the current microsoft update.

I currently use a Verizon Moto-Q and it is as good as I have ever had. It pairs 95% of the time on start and the radio mutes a good 90-95% of the time. My Rzr V3C was nearly equally as good.

Since getting the new software from GM last week the Q has failed to pair on start twice and has not had a "fail to mute" as yet. I haven't done a good sound quality test yet to see about the echo but will in the next couple of days.

In my opinion there is an inherent flaw in the head unit that dates back to 2001/2 when they first spec'd it out and from a personal perspective is not as much a compatibility issue but rather a conflict in signaling/processing as the head unit is crunching lines of code from the audio, nav, VR, GMLan and BT simultaneously and has trouble processing/discriminating multiple requests.

Based on reading the latest bulletin on the current re-program, a Loooong conversation with someone in development at GM, and a day I spent at Denso last year; I feel they are doing their best (from a bad starting point)but real-world application keeps trumping their in-house efforts. Without a major change in the hardware, they have been working on reducing/optimizing the code to allow faster/cleaner processing and optimizing the drivers that run the various systems. This is the same issue as the VR which is why they cut a host of commands out just to reduce the comparison file and allow cleaner process resolution.

In any case, Verizon was pretty good about letting me sample/swap units as were friends/family and trial and error was the best I could do.

Again, I'm just one case and although there are many like me, there are also many who say they have been fine. YMMV

I would make sure you get the latest rev. from GM, pick a handset type/style based on your wants and needs, and then try a couple similar types (i.e. 750w vs. Q vs. etc...) to find what works best.

I have spent so much time on this in the past and posted so much on it (along with many others pro and con) I finally gave up a year ago to let others comment. I hope it at least gives a little more perspective even if it is not much help.

Good luck wherever you land and hopefully without tooo much more effort...:bouncy:

thefred
03-13-07, 04:07 PM
Kev,

Thanks for your input. I have actually made contact with a Global Product Manager at GM who is having engineering look into the problem. It sounds like you have already done more than I can expect of them. The fact that they only tested 3 phones was a little disconcerting and when I inquired why only three phones, I was told...

"Due to the fact that Engineering has many tasks to accomplish, it was decided for this project this year that there would only be 3 phones with different providers that would be tested and validated so that we could recommend and understand how the phones/service providers interfaced with the vehicle...that is not to say there are only 3 phones that work......

We hope to add more phones to the 'recommended' list in the future. "

So, hit and miss it will be. My real issue is that in order to match with my office software, I need to use a Palm based phone so maybe the Treo 700P will work. Otherwise, if I want to use Bluetooth, I'll have to get a second phone just to use in the car. Argh!

Cajonkev
03-13-07, 04:39 PM
No problem...

Three is the magic number evidently as that was the same number of phones they tested and "recommended" upon the 2005 model release back in 04.

Then it included the Moto V660 a Nokia and a Samsung as I recall (I have it filed somewhere). They didn't make the list openly public but would use it whenever a Service tech called Techline and got bumped over to them.

When a vehicle would come in to be diagnosed, it would go back out with the owner being told about the "three" phones verified as compatible and others "may" work but it was not a warranty issue.

My first big push to GM then (May 05) was that the V660 was no longer for sale and that the Cadillac website had a flash video of a Moto V710 being used in the car...:thepan:

Combined with the VR and screen blanking issues, most servicers appeared to either re-program using the Feb. 05 bulletin and/or R&R the unit with a depot replacement and see if that helped. Then came the first major rev. with the 06 model year with early 06 build dates and now the most recent bulletin this year.

I will say they are at least still working it even with limited success to date!

Some have reported that the 700p has/is working fine for them as long as you have it with current software...

ewill3rd
03-13-07, 05:06 PM
James asked me to get some info, he reminded me of it today, and I saw this thread.
;)
I have a couple of contacts in the plant and I emailed the radio person at the CTS assembly plant. If anyone can find out it is her.

ijsegurola
03-13-07, 06:11 PM
I have cingular and I'm running the Palm software with the latest updates/patches for that phone....

I've had the phone for a couple of years and my STS since April of last year....

Worked pretty well after the first few days I had the car and sat in it for awhile trying all the different combinations possible to get the phone and the car to link up....

thefred
03-13-07, 06:37 PM
I have cingular and I'm running the Palm software with the latest updates/patches for that phone....

I've had the phone for a couple of years and my STS since April of last year....

Worked pretty well after the first few days I had the car and sat in it for awhile trying all the different combinations possible to get the phone and the car to link up....
Well, it may be apples and oranges since I have Verizon, but tell me what you did as far as different combinations to get it to work.

ijsegurola
03-13-07, 07:59 PM
If I remember correctly at first I followed the instructions in the STS owner's manual which I think says you make the car search for the phone...

That didn't really work out so well so I ended up putting BOTH the phone AND the car in search/scan mode at the same time then synced them with each other when they found each other...

Now the phone and the car link up over 90% of the time as I walk towards the car...I'm pretty happy with it and to tell you the truth this feature is one of the main reasons I bought this car given the amount of time I spend on the phone for work while I drive...

Benjamin Simon
03-13-07, 09:00 PM
The Nokia 9300 works great in my STS.

thefred
03-13-07, 09:24 PM
If I remember correctly at first I followed the instructions in the STS owner's manual which I think says you make the car search for the phone...

That didn't really work out so well so I ended up putting BOTH the phone AND the car in search/scan mode at the same time then synced them with each other when they found each other...

Now the phone and the car link up over 90% of the time as I walk towards the car...I'm pretty happy with it and to tell you the truth this feature is one of the main reasons I bought this car given the amount of time I spend on the phone for work while I drive...
So, as I got in my car to come home tonight, I decided to try again. Guess what? It worked. Unbelievable! But, who knows how long it will last. One thing I noticed is that I have always tried to connect while the car was in accessory mode, but tonight I tried to pair while the car was running. Could that make a difference?

antddaddy
03-13-07, 10:19 PM
I have the sony ericcson walkman phone, works 98% of the time. but the caller on the other end hears an echo, this is the problem the should be adress some callers get pissed off and hang up

Maximln
03-13-07, 11:14 PM
I have a Treo 700w and it pairs everytime I get into the vehicle unless I do a remote start. It dials out perfect, voice dials great (as long as there is not too much extraneous noise) and I haven't had a complaint of any echoing. The things that it does not do is mute the radio on incoming calls. 90% of the time it fails to do this. Also, when I do have an incoming call, it will 60% of the time display the previos call as the incoming call.

How do I go about getting this new software update? Take it to the dealer? What do I tell them? My dealer isn't very techno savvy. What is the software update supposed to do?

Max

ewill3rd
03-14-07, 05:37 AM
The best way to encourage them to look for the bulletin is to mention the TSB to your service writer.
We have to get the disc set from the nav disc center, it is free to the dealer one time. If they have record that they shipped the disc set to the dealer before they will get charged.

Once they have the discs in hand it should take about 30-40 minutes to load the updated software and set up the radio.
If they don't know about the bulletin they won't know what to do.

I have a V3 RAZR and I have connected it effortlessly to about 8 or 9 cars so far.
Most of the other issues I have seen were related to the customer not setting the phone as default so the car would connect at power up. I know one of them had a RAZR, another had an LG model I think, and one was an older Motorola phone but I forget the model.

ewill3rd
03-14-07, 01:49 PM
My friend in the plant sent me an email back, she is trying to get the list from the engineers and she said she is going to email it to me later.

Cajonkev
03-14-07, 02:35 PM
Thanks as always Ewill3rd you are a real trooper...:thumbsup:

Maximln - Here is the bulletin:

TSB = 05-08-126-001A
Doc = #1889058

Voice Recognition System Performs Poorly, Memory Seat Function Operation Complicated, Navigation Radio Screen Locks Up, Map DVD Message Displayed, Telephone Number Not Dialed via Bluetooth #05-08-126-001A - (01/18/2007)
Models: 2005-2007 Cadillac STS
Built Prior to December, 2006
with Navigation Radio (RPO YQ4)

This bulletin is being revised to add additional conditions, update the service procedure and revise the part ordering information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-08-126-001 (Section 08 -- Body & Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment of any or all of the following conditions:
Poor performance of the voice recognition system.
The memory seat function operation is too complicated to set.
The navigation radio touch screen locks up.
The navigation radio displays "Disc Inserted is Not a Map DVD" even though a map DVD is installed.
A telephone number cannot be dialed via "Bluetooth". This occurs after the customer has added and/or deleted more than 50 inputs.
When using "Bluetooth", the outbound caller is very faint and cannot be heard well.

Cause

These conditions may be caused by the navigation system software.

Correction

Important: After the software updates are complete, the customer may notice that some functions have been moved to different screen locations. Some voice recognition commands that were used infrequently have been deleted. If a voice command is not recognized, the navigation radio will now prompt the user to speak the command up to three times.
Technicians are to perform a software update on the audio and navigation systems using the following procedure:
1. Record the customer's radio station presets.
2. Connect a Tech 2 to the vehicle and cycle the ignition to ON with the engine off. This mode can be reached by depressing the lower part of the ignition switch for about 5 or 6 seconds. The upper button, with a circle on it, will illuminate.
3. Wait until the audio or map screen is displayed after the Cadillac logo screen.
Important: If the navigation system software is the same or higher than version 0FC, the software update will not start and the navigation software update is not necessary. DO NOT insert disc 2 into the radio.
4. Eject the map DVD, if loaded. Load the navigation system software update CD, disc 1, into the map DVD loading slot.
5. The statement "Preparing to load system software" will appear on the screen along with a progress bar. When the green progress bar reaches the end, the navigation software update using disc 1 is complete and the system will automatically restart.
6. Eject software update disc 1 from the map DVD slot.
7. Load the audio system software update, disc 2, into the map DVD slot.
8. A progress bar will be displayed on the lower left side of the screen. Japanese text will appear above the progress bar. When the yellow progress bar reaches the end, the audio system software update using disc 2 is complete and the system automatically restarts.
9. Eject the audio system update CD, disc 2, from the map DVD slot.
10. Use the Tech 2 to complete the following steps to initialize the audio and navigation software:
10.1. Select: Diagnostics
10.2. Select: Model year
10.3. Select: Vehicle type
10.4. Select: Product make
10.5. Select: Product line
10.6. Select: Product series
10.7. Select: F7 Body & Accessory
10.8. Select: Entertainment
10.9. Select: F5 Module Set-up
10.10. Select: F2 Navigation Radio
10.11. Select: F0 Audio Update Initialize (takes approximately 30 seconds)
10.12. Select: "Next". Note: A loss of communication will be experienced, power the Tech 2 off and then back on and follow steps 10.1 through 10.9, then proceed to step 10.13 to continue initializing the Navigation system.
10.13. Select: F1 Navigation Update Initialize (takes approximately 30 seconds)
10.14. Select: "On". The "Commanded State" will switch from "none" to "on" and the screen will flash and come up to the radio display.
10.15. Exit back to the "Body/Accessory" screen then select F7: Body/Accessory
10.16. Select: Entertainment
10.17. Select: F4 Module information
10.18. Select: F1 Navigation radio. Verify that the software versions are:
- Navigation system software version = 0FC1
- Audio system software version = 010C
30. Cycle the ignition to OFF.
31. Open and close the driver's door and wait for 60 seconds.
32. Cycle the ignition to ON.
33. Load the customer's map DVD into the lower slot located below the navigation system screen.
34. After inserting the map DVD, touch the "I agree" screen button. If the "I agree" screen does not come up, select the "globe"/map key to access the navigation screen.
35. Reset the radio presets to the customer's preferences.
36. Verify that the navigation system reflects the correct location of the vehicle. If necessary, recalibrate the navigation system. Refer to the STS Owner Navigation Manual supplement (pages 2-59 and 2-60) for more information.
37. Cycle the ignition to OFF. The software update is now complete.

Voice Recognition Commands

Please provide an updated list of the voice recognition commands that are currently available to your customers. Customers with a 2005 model year vehicle may not have had some of these commands available to them with their old navigation system software. Refer to the latest list that is a part of the Owner Manual Supplement on the Navigation System that is available in SI. Information about voice recognition is available in SI. Refer to Voice Recognition.

Parts Information

Obtain a software upgrade disc set by contacting the GM Navigation Disc Center at 1-877-628-3472 per Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-44-012A (DVD Navigation Update Program, AVN Software Update Discs and Ordering Information). The center will require your BAC code, dealer code and shipping address. Advanced Vehicle Navigation (AVN) software discs are for the dealer to update the navigation radio software only. They DO NOT update or replace the navigation map disc that is supplied with the vehicle. Please order these parts only as needed. There is a limited supply of these discs available. Do not order these discs for stock. The AVN software update discs can be used to reprogram more than one vehicle. The first update disc for each part number is free. Subsequent copies of the same part number for the same dealer will cost $50.
Part Number Description Qty
15943724 Disc - Navigation Data (Software Update Disc Set) 1

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
Labor Operation Description Labor Time
R9707* Radio/Navigation Reprogram 0.7 hr
*This labor operation is for bulletin use only. It will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

ewill3rd
03-14-07, 03:57 PM
She gave me the short list, only 3 phones have apparenly been "validated" on STS for bluetooth operation.

The RAZR, SLVR, and Treo 700P. I am not sure what is up with that but I guess that is a start.

Sorry I can't get much more info than that.

ijsegurola
03-14-07, 07:20 PM
thefred...to answer your question: i don't know if having the car on while pairing helps but I have had VERY consistent linking since I did it almost a year ago and I haven't messed with it so that it keeps working like it is...

Good luck...

thefred
03-14-07, 11:05 PM
She gave me the short list, only 3 phones have apparenly been "validated" on STS for bluetooth operation.

The RAZR, SLVR, and Treo 700P. I am not sure what is up with that but I guess that is a start.

Sorry I can't get much more info than that.
That is exactly the same thing I got from GM yesterday afternoon. Supposedly they were checking with engineering about the problems I was having.

Thanks...You guys at Lindsay are a class act. Maybe one day other dealerships will follow your lead!

thefred
03-14-07, 11:07 PM
thefred...to answer your question: i don't know if having the car on while pairing helps but I have had VERY consistent linking since I did it almost a year ago and I haven't messed with it so that it keeps working like it is...

Good luck...
Well, I have it paired now, but the connection is very hit or miss. And, if I try to dial a number from the speed dial on the phone it reboots my phone! Today, it picked up three incoming calls and didn't pick up two others. Maybe I'll try the software upgrade (which GM told me had no real Bluetooth enhancement) and a Treo 700P and see if I get a better result.

ewill3rd
03-15-07, 05:50 AM
Honestly I think GM is trying to stay away from testing too many phones with this stuff. I think they are afraid of endorsing someone else's product or something. It seems like they should have a bulletin or something to give us an indication of which phones have known problems. I know it would help me if you brought your car in and I knew that a particular model phone wouldn't work well for one reason or another. It would save us all time.
It seems odd that with as many cars as they have in production that they would limit testing to 3 phones? Maybe those are the models the engineers owned themselves so those are the only ones they checked :D

I have done a handful of the software updates on some of these and haven't seen any come back with issues. This latest bulletin is an update to one that has been out since '05 that I actually had to argue with GM to get updated with some information. I still have the old '05 disc set but the new disc set supercedes it and I think it has better software.

The stuff my customer's Samsung phone was doing was really nutty, I couldn't believe how crazy it was.

Kadonny
03-15-07, 09:22 AM
Fred, I have a Nextel phone and it connected the first time and works flawlessly.

Onalaska
03-16-07, 07:11 AM
Motorola E-815 phones for the wife and I. Both pair every time we get in the car and work fine for incoming and outgoing calls. Do have to turn the volume down to keep the audio from the speakers from being picked up by the microphone and causing an echo to the caller.

mike sts
04-29-07, 01:39 PM
is this update worth doing? My voice recognition works about 25% of the time. All other features work OK, bluetooth sometimes drops the call.

mike sts
04-29-07, 01:50 PM
Almost forgot will the update erase all stored navigation points?

shaf
04-30-07, 07:50 PM
I have the Motorola Razor and it works great. It is best if you have the Phone turned on when you get in the car. It then links up perfectly. You can't dial out on the Nav sceen when the car is moving however. Big brother watching over us....

WillySTS
04-30-07, 09:17 PM
Almost forgot will the update erase all stored navigation points?

Yes it will. I did the update but I didn't need to, had to reprogram almost everything.

Mine and my wifes MotoRazors work perfectly everytime in the V. Every customers Bluetooth phone I ever tried to link up always did, NFP.

Mine also works perfectly in my Firehawk with a Motorola car kit Bluetooth and in my 454SS pickup with an Alpine stereo with a Bluetooth module.

evaccaro
04-30-07, 10:17 PM
I have a Motorola KRAZR from Verizon. Works perfectly. I wish the Cadillac would have implemented the ability to use the phone's voice command set. Motorola's voice recognition is the best I've ever used. It works 99% of the time. Cadillac could learn a thing or two from them.

Onalaska
05-01-07, 07:12 AM
I have a Motorola KRAZR from Verizon. Works perfectly. I wish the Cadillac would have implemented the ability to use the phone's voice command set. Motorola's voice recognition is the best I've ever used. It works 99% of the time. Cadillac could learn a thing or two from them.

The VR in Motorola's phones back a few years ago didn't work all that well. We had the V-60 model and it's VR was not any better than the Denso unit in the Cadillac. Most people change their phones a lot more often than their cars. Auto manufacturers need to allow for regular updates in their hitech cars. Updates via Onstar would be the way to go. GM already has the communications link to do it with Onstar. They send me monthly systems diagnostic info now. If they could update the vehicle software then we wouldn't have to go back to the dealer every time someting needs updating. It's a technology that is advancing rapidly they just need to use what they already have. It would help put them ahead of the competition.

ewill3rd
05-01-07, 07:36 AM
I suspect that GM will someday make the unit self-upgradable as far as software goes, but currently it is not.
The operating software is probably ROM based.
I imagine in the future it will be some sort of EEPROM and we'll be able to do remote updates.

evaccaro
05-01-07, 08:06 PM
The VR in Motorola's phones back a few years ago didn't work all that well. We had the V-60 model and it's VR was not any better than the Denso unit in the Cadillac. Most people change their phones a lot more often than their cars. Auto manufacturers need to allow for regular updates in their hitech cars. Updates via Onstar would be the way to go. GM already has the communications link to do it with Onstar. They send me monthly systems diagnostic info now. If they could update the vehicle software then we wouldn't have to go back to the dealer every time someting needs updating. It's a technology that is advancing rapidly they just need to use what they already have. It would help put them ahead of the competition.

AMEN!

coati
05-11-07, 11:15 PM
Bluetooth works with the Blackberry Pearl 8100 cell phone.
Setup within 5 minutes.
A great combination of cell phone & car technology.

BMBSALES
12-01-07, 10:17 AM
I have to say...i own a cell phone repair shop, where i unlock/repair phones, and i often use one of the two sts's i've had to test out the bluetooth. i have never not gotten a phone to hook up...verizon, sprint, alltel, suncom, cingular/at&t, no matter what the model. maybe it's an intermit problem within the cars unit, and i've just never come across it. i currently have a treo 680, v3xx, razr2, krzr & samsung connected now. now i have experienced the dreaded not muting problem, but mostly with older generation bluetooth stuff.

bmb

thefred
12-04-07, 09:00 AM
I have to say...i own a cell phone repair shop, where i unlock/repair phones, and i often use one of the two sts's i've had to test out the bluetooth. i have never not gotten a phone to hook up...verizon, sprint, alltel, suncom, cingular/at&t, no matter what the model. maybe it's an intermit problem within the cars unit, and i've just never come across it. i currently have a treo 680, v3xx, razr2, krzr & samsung connected now. now i have experienced the dreaded not muting problem, but mostly with older generation bluetooth stuff.

bmb
Then either many of us are idiots or you lead a charmed life....;)

05awdupstater
12-06-07, 11:45 AM
I do not believe that I am an idiot. But then again, what idiot would? I do however own two 5 month old Samsung U-540 models that no one at my house or the local Verizon branch can get to finish pairing with my car (07 STS4, May '07 build date). Verizon still offers it today, with Bluetooth in the features description. Kinda makes the average idiot wonder.

BMBSALES
12-07-07, 12:58 PM
I do not believe that I am an idiot. But then again, what idiot would?

pretty funny stuff.

i will look for that model in the shop when i get back wed, and try to pair it if i have one.:thumbsup:

thefred
12-08-07, 08:37 AM
I do not believe that I am an idiot. But then again, what idiot would? I do however own two 5 month old Samsung U-540 models that no one at my house or the local Verizon branch can get to finish pairing with my car (07 STS4, May '07 build date). Verizon still offers it today, with Bluetooth in the features description. Kinda makes the average idiot wonder.
According to Verison.... http://support.vzw.com/pdf/bluetooth_car_kit/Samsung_u540.pdf
the phone should work in the car. It shows that all features should work as well. Maybe you need to get to the person that wrote the chart to tell you how they made it work! Since you probably won't get to them, armed with this, maybe someone at Verizon will be able to help. They do show a particular software on the chart so make sure your phone has that software version.

05awdupstater
12-08-07, 11:25 AM
I did mention it to the rep in the parking lot. He gave a valiant effort to make it work. I also called Verizon support? and referred them to their chart. After looking at the chart again I noticed that it states desired handset, not phone. I do not see any software update you mentioned. Care to give me more ammo for my Tuesday revisit??.

Thanks.

05awdupstater
12-11-07, 11:43 AM
Quick update. The samsung U-540 did have a software update done. My phone received said update for connection problems with Denso unit. It did not fix it. Verizon gave me a new LG with no questions asked. Apparently the U-540 will not work in a 2007 STS.

thefred
12-11-07, 05:28 PM
Quick update. The samsung U-540 did have a software update done. My phone received said update for connection problems with Denso unit. It did not fix it. Verizon gave me a new LG with no questions asked. Apparently the U-540 will not work in a 2007 STS.
Well, I would hope someone at Verizon got the phone to work before they put it on the chart, but who knows. If you got what you wanted, thats all that matters...:D

eightshb
12-11-07, 09:28 PM
My Motorola VC3 (new phone ) paired up the first time My wife complains about an echo though