: Does This Wheel Appeal To Anyone?

LStasy003
03-12-07, 07:11 PM
Well its time to do a little wheel shopping. I was wondering your guys input on these wheels. They just came out and they are three piece with the centers of the spokes a polished look. They are very sporty and would look nice on a sports car but the STS is also very sporty its self. It would be a 22 x 9.5 in front and a 22 x 10.5 in back. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

BarryH_GEG
03-12-07, 08:12 PM
Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

You asked...

22s are a stretch on an Escalade, on a passenger car - not so much. The ride and handling are going to suck and the stress on the suspension from so little rubber to absorb impacts will most likely void your warranty if there's an issue.

The wheel itself is a bit too busy for my taste, especially on a fairly conservative car like the STS. The wheels will visually stand out so much that you won't even notice the car they're on. If that's the look you're going for, then you're spot on.

Kadonny
03-13-07, 09:52 AM
^^^^^^^ Agree fully.

997tt
03-14-07, 07:14 PM
22's?! Way to big. I just ordered 20's...

papaisrollin
03-19-07, 08:05 PM
i threw some 20's on mine http://images.superbuytires.com/images/wheels/CaboType+116_small.JPG (http://superbuytires.com/Cabo/Type%20116/):)

joel4779
03-20-07, 01:11 AM
Here's my new certified 1SG STS4...with a few most recent modifications including Volant Cold Air Intake, 20" wheels 255/35/20, and tint of course. Exhaust is next week: :)

cmicasa
03-20-07, 08:05 AM
OK Joel... Can U post info on the COLD AIR INTAKE, as to where U got it, how much, and any notice of imrovement in performanve and fuel economy...Hold up is this a V6 option??

joel4779
03-20-07, 02:13 PM
Ebay. paid around 260 for the filter and box. does not quite fit my v8. looks like it either requires modification or I am not doing something right. I am waiting to hear back from Volant technicians regarding fitment. I made a thread regarding my problem. Yes, they make it for the V6 too!
Too early to tell any performance gains or increased economy. Will report later. Soo far, it does sound as if the engine can breath much easier. and sounds very mean and aggressive when you get on it. You can really hear the engine suck the air now, especially on full throttle. it rocks! respond in my volant post your findings!