: Need Help.Please respond!! I count on u guys!!!...

92cadbro
03-12-07, 05:37 PM
Well spring is right around the corner, and the caddy's gonna come out soon. There are a couple of things I need to do like tires, brakes, radiator and muffler.

I need advice on my muffler. IT HAS TO BE QUIET. Keep in mind I have replaced my catalyct converter with a resonator. I want a performance muffler, but a quiet one, so I guess that flow through design is out of question. I was looking at the Flowmaster 3 chamber 50 series...I dunno....

p.s. are stock radiators for my 92 Brougham 2 core or 3 core ( I do not have the Heaby Duty version)??

Thanks again

90Brougham350
03-12-07, 07:22 PM
Can't help you on the muffler, but if you have the 5.0 you have a 2-core radiator. 5.7 is 3-core.

lochenjons
03-13-07, 01:23 PM
okay well I don't know that much about mufflers... I have a double chamber 40 series on mine and it sounds pretty mean. So I'm gonna say you're probably looking for the opposite. What about the stock muffler? When I got my caddy, the stock muffler was really quiet I could barely hear it. If I were you I would just keep my stock muffler

z06bigbird
03-13-07, 03:19 PM
Flowmasters are not quiet; in fact, they are quite noisy. Dealers and users frequently tell me that users frequently want them removed.

Ed

Phantom&RedGoat2004
03-13-07, 04:56 PM
Flowmasters are typically too loud for a Cadillac, but I've heard that a lot of people in the Facory Appearance Stock Tire (or F.A.S.T. (http://www.fastraces.org/fastraces/fastgg.nsf/sub-menu/Rules01)) dra racing class use either Thrush or MagnaFlow (I narrowed it down, but I don't recall exactly which one - I think it was MagnaFlow, though). They are required to keep a "...correct* idle sound", and they found a muffler that keeps the exhaust quiet and flows really well. I wish I was more knowledgable, but I hope that helps.

425 Dual Quad
03-13-07, 08:06 PM
I have a set of straight through Walker California Turbos on my '94. Sounds a bit mean on initial accelleration but otherwise hush quiet. I put them on only becuase they were sitting in the shed for 8 years and the originals on the '94 went and the right hand one is no longer avialable.

I put originals on my '79's when tehy needed it. Nothing wrong with the performance of them and whisper quiet as a Caddy should be. I would stick with stock for a Caddy unless you knew the system was hugely restrictive.

best wishes
nick

Motorboat
03-13-07, 09:26 PM
Stock muffler or it's equivilent mounted as far back as possible is the hot ticket. You might also consider a "test section" of pipe in lieu of the catalytic converter. These have a tendaency to clog over time and inhibit economy and performance.

92cadbro
03-14-07, 01:33 PM
I have also heard that flowmasters are on the loud side, but have heard that the 70 series is actually quiet....im scared to put dynomax or magnaflow, since they have a see through design.which means its louder....

maybe stock is the risk free option.......yet i dont want stock :bigroll:

Phantom&RedGoat2004
03-14-07, 08:05 PM
DYNOMAX! That very well may have been the one I was thinking of!

...but again, I'm not sure.

...I'll shut up now. :D

92cadbro
03-18-07, 04:56 PM
No risk......I'm going with stock muffler....I cannot have even the slightest loudness. It's a classic cruiser..The catalyct converter removal is good enough...