: 1970 Deville Specs?

3rd
03-12-07, 12:30 PM
Hi, Im new to the forums, I own a 1970 deville 4dr sedan, and I cant find a site that shows all or really any of its info, most "select you car" drop downs stop at 1971 or dont have a 1970 deville in them, I need to know the speaker sizes, bolt pattern, ect. is there a site that shows all this information? Really what I need to know right now is the speaker size, cus I cant see inside the dash, thanks

fleetwood76
03-12-07, 05:02 PM
Hello!

I have no good site to give you with answers to questions like on the speakers or so.
I can however recomend you to buy a factory shop manual (FSM) for your car, there is a lot of good information in that book, maybe even about the speakers.

This sites forum about the big block cadillacs (500,472,425,368) have much information on your engine.

I add a link that cover the options and facts on your model that is interresting to look in if you havent already.

http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1970/cad70.htm

Feel free to ask any question about your car you can come up with, in the most cases you'l get many good answers

Oh, the bolt pattern is 5 * 5 on your 1970 DeVille.

jolle.

buffalo
03-12-07, 07:58 PM
I have a 72 CDV I just recently taken out the dash, there is two 3 inch speaks(round), And in the rear there are two 6x4's.. I'm not really sure if the one in the back are stock.. but the ones in the front are for sure. Either way getting speaker size is pretty simple. As the dash comes off really easy in the 72. I wouldn't imagine it would be much more difficult in the 70. As mine was four bolts above the spedo, and a push in type lock in the center(right above the cigarette lighter), that comes back out easily by just pulling on the dash straight back.

Other than this site there isn't much better information for our cars my friend.. So the best I could say is just ask away here, one of the best shots you got. Cheers

3rd
03-13-07, 12:00 PM
Ok thanks alot fleetwood and buffalo.
I do have the original manual and Im almost positive it didnt have anything in it about the speaker sizes but Im gonna double check it for the bolt patterns when i get home, Im kinda scared to undo the dash tho cus all that is in mint condition and Im afraid Ill mess it up, but I'll give it a try since Im pretty good at puttin stuff back together without breakin it

thanks again:thumbsup:

o ok thanks for the bolt pattern fleetwood didnt see that

buffalo
03-13-07, 08:30 PM
yeah my dash was already cracked right down the center.. but I took it all off to redo all the the wiring.. which is done now.. and gonna redo the dash as well. Either way just take your time and be cautious, and when removing it try and not flex it too much(have someone help you take it out), just to make sure that you don't harm it anyway.. remember if unsure just take your time, will pay in the end.

suiside
03-14-07, 03:31 AM
I dont have any sites wither but i also have a 70sdv!..there are a total of 4 speakers in the car. the 2 in front are 3 1/2" speakers and the rears are 2 6x9s..depending on your choice of speakers and head unit you may look into a small amp for the 6x9s and perhaps rewiring all the wires to the speakers..if you have any other questions let me know ill help with what i can!
-Suiside

3rd
03-14-07, 10:54 AM
I dont have any sites wither but i also have a 70sdv!..there are a total of 4 speakers in the car. the 2 in front are 3 1/2" speakers and the rears are 2 6x9s..depending on your choice of speakers and head unit you may look into a small amp for the 6x9s and perhaps rewiring all the wires to the speakers..if you have any other questions let me know ill help with what i can!
-Suiside

THANKS ALOT! man u just helped me out alot, I still got the orginal speakers in it and they sound like u listenin to the radio underwater, thanks again