: I'm looking for wheels and I'm frustrated

CaddyinKC
03-12-07, 10:42 AM
I am currently looking for 20 inch chrome wheels for my SRX and I'm frustrated. I'll find some wheels on a website that says it will fit, but call to check stock or something else and they tell me that it won't fit. For those that have purchased wheels, who did you buy them from? I'm trying to buy some but seem to be getting mixed signals.

Last week I found the Boss 326 that is listed at 40 offset and 6x115, however when I called a couple of retail stores locally they said the distributor says the wheel won't fit!!!!

RunningOnEMT
03-12-07, 10:47 AM
welcome to the pain that all CTS-V drivers face...

same pattern and bigger brakes!

donjumpsuit
03-12-07, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately for the most part your going to have to pay retail through a reputable dealer. You have to be VERY careful to get the centerhole cut EXACTLY right, or you will forever have problems with constant vibration, not a sexy thing in a caddy.

The wheels you are looking for are wheels that are custom cut after purchase, meaning they are blank when manufactured. Zyoxx and Zinkk wheels are custom. Any others would be represented on this page.

CHOOSE wisely, but don't give up, its a much different animal with 20"

RunningOnEMT
03-12-07, 10:53 AM
HRE, CCW, iForged, Zyoxx, Zinkk, and Foose are probably some of the best bets

pay for them upfront you'll be glad you spent the money... i'm saving for some HRE 646's righty now

Tom Wheeler
03-12-07, 04:07 PM
I personally looked through dozens of wheel manufactures to try and find a set of chrome 20's that I liked, were well built and didn't cost me K note plus each. After talking to a few friends in the wheel/tire biz, they all said for the money the Zenik's are about the best choice. Here is a link to their website;

http://www.zinikwheels.com/html/zinik_wheels.html

Almost all their Z-1 through Z-20 models are available in a 20" with a 35-40 offset and are available or can be drilled for a 6x114.3 pattern.
I put Zinik Z-15 Verona's on my 07, they had to be custom drilled by Zinik. I ordered them from one of my local tire/wheel dealers here in Detroit area on a Monday and they arrived from their LA factory on Thursday. I have thread on this group with pictures, if you want to take a look:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/100259-pictures-07-mesh-grille-zinik-20s.html

I paid $2050 out the door for the wheels, Toyo tires, mounted complete. The wheels were $309 each, that's just $10/wheel extra for the custom drilling.

As a side note, all my wheel dealer buddies said to stay away from Boss Wheels, they are just gravity cast, not pressure cast like the Zinik's.
Forged wheels are the best...but you have to pay an arm and leg for them, like over a grand each.

Good luck
Tom

BarryH_GEG
03-12-07, 05:54 PM
I am currently looking for 20 inch chrome wheels for my SRX and I'm frustrated. I'll find some wheels on a website that says it will fit, but call to check stock or something else and they tell me that it won't fit. For those that have purchased wheels, who did you buy them from? I'm trying to buy some but seem to be getting mixed signals.

Last week I found the Boss 326 that is listed at 40 offset and 6x115, however when I called a couple of retail stores locally they said the distributor says the wheel won't fit!!!!

It's your lucky day. I just traded my '05 SRX V8 AWD on a new STS-V last week. I kept my Black Rhino Keros wheels and Toyo Proxes S/T tires which are being stored by my Cadillac dealer as I traded the car with its winter tires on. The wheels are 20x9.0 ET35 PCD 6x114.3 and the tires are 255/45ZR20. The dimensions of the factory 18" wheels are 739x235mm front and 737x255mm rear. My 20s are 738x255mm which is statistically irrelevant so the speedomoter/odometer are unaffected. They only were used last summer and the wheels are unblemished and the tires have 1K miles on them (I traded the car with 5K miles on it total). They also have the tire pressure monitors installed on them. If you're interested, they're literally plug and play. I paid $2,500 for everything originally but will sell them for $1,250 delivered. I was planning to take pictures of them and post them for sale in the classifieds here and/or eBay. If you're interested, I can get the pictures taken sooner rather than later. Let me know if you have any questions as I went through the tire/wheel hell you described before I landed where I did.

Here's the link to the tires: http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires.asp?lpid=35&name=Proxes%20S/T&category=lgt

Here's the link to the wheels with a stock picture from their site: http://www.blackrhinowheels.com/wheel_styles.php
http://www.blackrhinowheels.com/images/wheels/keros_chrome_reg_normal_white.gif (http://www.blackrhinowheels.com/wheel_styles.php#)

mehb
03-12-07, 06:04 PM
BarryH_GEG

How much ride comfort did you loose by going to the 20's over the stock 18's? Do you have pictures of these on your SRX?

I may be interested. Can you ship to Toronto?

Thanks

BarryH_GEG
03-12-07, 06:05 PM
Oops. I just noticed you have a V6. The 235/65-17 is 736x235mm is and the 255/60-17 is 738x255mm. Again, statistically irrelevant against my 20s at 738x255mm.

BarryH_GEG
03-12-07, 06:11 PM
BarryH_GEG

How much ride comfort did you loose by going to the 20's over the stock 18's? Do you have pictures of these on your SRX?

I may be interested. Can you ship to Toronto?

Thanks

Hey mehb,

My car had MRC and I truly didn't notice any difference over the stock wheels/tires. I can't speak to what larger wheels/tires do to a car w/o MRC. I have no fundamental issue with shipping to Toronto but don't went to have to take a crash course in U.S./Canadian customs regulations. I get a 75% discount at FedEx so if Canada's more than the U.S. you'd have to pay the difference. I never took pictures of the wheels on the car and was going to in the next couple of weeks when I switched back to the summer tires. Got an offer I couldn't refuse on the V and, poof, the SRX was gone. I also have OEM Cashmere premium mats, all-weather mats, the all-weather cargo mat, and a cargo divider that I plan on selling when I get time to take pictures. They're all like new.

CaddyinKC
03-12-07, 08:23 PM
BarryH_GEG

I am interested. Can you send me a pm? Where do you live?

mehb
03-13-07, 07:27 AM
Hey mehb,

My car had MRC and I truly didn't notice any difference over the stock wheels/tires. I can't speak to what larger wheels/tires do to a car w/o MRC. I have no fundamental issue with shipping to Toronto but don't went to have to take a crash course in U.S./Canadian customs regulations. I get a 75% discount at FedEx so if Canada's more than the U.S. you'd have to pay the difference. I never took pictures of the wheels on the car and was going to in the next couple of weeks when I switched back to the summer tires. Got an offer I couldn't refuse on the V and, poof, the SRX was gone. I also have OEM Cashmere premium mats, all-weather mats, the all-weather cargo mat, and a cargo divider that I plan on selling when I get time to take pictures. They're all like new.

I also have an 05 V8 with MRC :-)

Can you let me know what if any the extra costs would be to M2N 4Y5. If you ship by fedex there is nothing you need do to as far as customs is concerned, they handle everything :-)

57TBird
03-13-07, 06:40 PM
Here are the best looking 20" wheels (in my opinion) that I know will fit an SRX...

#1 - Vogue Tyre CV-7's
#2 - Zinik (see Tom Wheeler? post from at week or so ago for pictures)
#3 - Boss 318s

There are quite a few others that will fit, but these are my favorites.

BarryH_GEG
03-14-07, 01:26 PM
BarryH_GEG

I am interested. Can you send me a pm? Where do you live?

Hi CaddyinKC,

Sent you a PM. I (and the wheels) are located in Spokane, WA. I'm traveling but will get pics posted no later than Saturday, March 24.

Mehb,

I'll check-out the costs and complexities of FedEx to Canada and send you a PM.