: Where Is A Good Beach In Los Angeles?

rblimas
03-11-07, 10:52 PM
I am looking for a popular beach around Los Angeles. I live is San Diego a popular beach in San Diego would be "Mission Beach"

lawfive
03-11-07, 11:46 PM
Depends what you want. Unless you're a surfer, a romantic, or a nudie, I'd suggest Venice beach. The babefest, muscle-off, and freak show are never ending.

Spyder
03-12-07, 01:51 AM
Hahaha...until I opened it, I was going to say "San Diego." :D

EcSTSatic
03-12-07, 07:15 AM
I never saw a bad beach in SoCal. I was stationed at MCAS El Toro in Santa Ana. I used to spend a lot of time at Laguna and Newport beaches.

Santa Monica looked good. I was there a few years back on a seminar trip.

ewill3rd
03-12-07, 07:22 AM
I have been to Santa Monica beach a couple times, and Long beach once.
Long beach we went to at night and made a big fire in one of the pits, it was fun but we didn't do much swimming there.
I am sure you could find some info on what it best for what you are looking for online.
I only went to LA twice for a total of a few days.
It is pretty country but I am not much of a water guy anyway. I think it has something to do with nearly dying a few times in water when I was younger. ;)

Jesda
03-12-07, 07:59 AM
I think I went to what I *think* was Newport Beach last year. I remember we started a pit fire and threw traffic cones and basketballs in it. $10 I think was the parking fee.

CadillacGurl
03-12-07, 09:05 AM
There's Huntington Beach... Laguna Beach... Long Beach...
I know at Huntington there's a bunch of surf contests coz its constantly in my surfing magazines...

I'll be in the LA area in the summer time, more specifically in Corona to meet my dad's mom for the first time :eek: Plus I have surf camps lined up there that week :D :woohoo:

70eldo
03-13-07, 11:49 AM
I loved Huntington Beach, Newport Beach (though, parking was a b!tch), Long Beach, Santa Monica Beach and Venice Beach when I lived in Costa Mesa :)

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-13-07, 01:06 PM
I liked Redondo beach myself.
Malibu was nice.

Wasn't taken with Venice beach (the area as opposed to the beach).