Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Final Solution to my Engine Problems

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  donjumpsuit 
#1 ·
Some of you may remember how disgruntled I have been with my 05 AWD V8 MC SRX because of a lingering engine problem. Among other problems (all 4 rotors and pads replaced @ 18k, and frozen FR caliper), Sunroof, Transmission chugging (nevah getting the reflash), and now recently the rear window off the track problem.

They happened to fix my engine problem in December after 6 months of not being able to replicate the "phantom" problem, and just cleaning connectors, they gave me a digital recorder for my engine codes and diagnostics and off I went.

Due to my problems, the dealership actually sprung for a rental this time from enterprise. They had some GM super mechanic come out and diagnose my car. The only thing that I could find about him on the web, was that he created the engine codes and how to diagnose them. I tried looking for him because I needed to talk to him about his comments.

He said: Aftermarket tires and wheels which GM says have been causing premature transfer case failuers, will not be covered under GM warranty if it occurs.

Anyways. On to the problem at hand.

The problem was that intermittently when driving I would loose power. This "soft pedal" would last until I let the car rest overnight. Usually, I would get some drive time in between the problem, until the end, when it was near constant.

And here is what they did, which will probably turn into a Bulletin for someone else. (description as the dealer described it in my repair sheet)

CUST STATES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS COMING ON AND HAS A LOSS OF POWER ON LACK OF POWER
HAD PCM CODES P0345 P0346 P2636 P0018 P0420 AND P0430.
CHECKED VDR DATA AND VEHICLE HISTORY. CALLED TAC AND UPDATED CASE #9177893. ADVISED TO INSPECT CMP SENSOR WIRING PER P0345 CHART AND SCHEMATIC 1430217. POSSIBLE WIRING PROBLEM. ROAD TESTED VEHICLE PRIOR TO DISTURBING WIRING HARNESS. (i had my radio stolen in september, they had to reharness the whole vehicle).
ALSO CLEARED ALL CODES. UNABLE TO DUPLICATED CONCERN DURING ROAD TEST, ALSO NO CODES SET. INSPECTED ALL RELATED WIRING PER P0345 CHART INCLUDING G100, ECM TERMINAL PIN FIT, C104 PIN FIT ETC, ALL APPEARED TO BE OK. ALSO SCOPE TESTED BOTH CAM SENSOR PATTERNS, OK. CALLED TAC AGAIN TO UPDATE CASE AND REQUESTED MORE INFO AND POSSIBLE ASSISTANCE. WORKED WITH JIM M. FROM GM ON 1/19. INSPECTED ALL RELATED WIRING, ROAD TESTED (UNABLE TO DUPLICATED CONCERN). RAN VOLT DROP TESTS ON BOTH INTAKE CAM SENSOR CIRCUITS-OK. REMOVED G100 AT REAR OF RT. CYL HEAD TO INSPECT CLEAN AND SECURE HAD TO R&R FRONT DRIVE SHAFT FOR ACCESS. ORDERED FUEL TRANSFER PIPE AND LEVEL SENSORS PER 04-06-04-077A. ALSO ORDERED ECM PER JIM M.
REPLACED ECM AND PROGRAMMED NEW UNIT. R&R FUEL TANK AND REPLACED BOTH FUEL LEVEL SENSORS AND TRANSFER PIPE. ALSO REPLACED BATTERY THAT FAILED TEST WITH J42000 CODE 0A1QJ-S5. CLEARED ALL CODES, NEEDS A LONG (2000 MI) ROAD TEST TO CONFIRM FIX.

Well it is fixed. Confirmed with the long road test. Your guess is as good as mine, is as good as thiers.
Was it the ECM?

Anyone care to comment?

See less See more
#3 ·
Off hand, 0-60 no. Or inpercivible to me. I pretty much smash the pedal to the floor ever since I have owned the car, so, I would notice.

Mpg, would not be able to tell. Usually I get 13mpg.

Power off engine breaking, no. At low speeds power off results in a bit of a chug, this has been slowly developing over time. Maybe the reflash happens independently of a complete reprogram, or maybe the trans has a different unit.

#4 ·
I just wanted to bump this thread up to the top for anyones reference. My engine problem has re-appeared again. This time it lingers for a shorter period of time (if i turn the engine off it resets). Also the sluggish nature of the engine doesn't usually come with an engine light (it did one time). I am going to try to use this to get out of my lease early (39 months instead of 48). I wonder if it will work, and who i will call, but I will end up posting it all here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.