: SRX Trailer Brake Control

usa1208
03-10-07, 08:54 PM
I have an '05 SRX V6 and would like to wire up my Prodigy brake controller. Has anyone had this done and to what level of difficulty did the tech have if any?

tmiles2246
03-15-08, 08:07 PM
I'm looking for the same answer for my 04 V6 AWD SRX. The installer can't find the brake power wire (non-pulsating) to wire the controller too. I've hear of these wires being located behind the brake pedal in most cars. When the prake is pressed, the wire that transmits juice is the power wire.

captaincasual
06-16-11, 04:34 PM
Its very easy, all you need to do is run your usual wires, ie power etc to the trailer plug (7 pin). it is easier to use the flat 4 kit from GM, then for your brake trigger wire you must find the turn signal/hazard module. It is located near the emergency brake pedal up inside the dash. it is clipped onto the metal structure above your knees, and has a large connector on it (module has serial number starting with 2571) . You will see two white leads coming from the connector, the one closest to the center of connector is 5 v and i believe it comes from the pedal. The lead closest to the edge of connector is 12 volts and comes from a relay. splice into this wire and solder connection, easiest way is to strip some insulation off the wire and wrap new trigger wire around it and solder. I have spent days trying to get this wire, and now after cutting up my brake pedal controller wires I have been getting errors on my abs/traction/stability. I can make it stop by jiggling the wires, Thanks UHAUL. These guys hacked my wires up, stay far away from them!!!