: IRS form 6478? Credit for Alcohol Used as Fuel?

03-10-07, 08:38 PM
I don't think this is what the form is for, but is poorly written about what it is really for. I think it is intended on people who make E85 and sell it for fuel for cars/trucks.


Think we can petition our politicans to extend the use of this form to provide a tax credit to people who use alcohol fuel for their vehicles?

Would you use E85 in your car (if you could modify it or have a FFV vehicle) if you could get a tax credit if you used it?

Sinister Angel
03-11-07, 10:39 AM
I'm not an accountant nor an attorney, I am however I business major :D

I'll see what I can dig up in terms of being able to use that for your purposes or not.

Sinister Angel
03-11-07, 10:47 AM
From what it looks like, Form 4136 might be what you're going to want to use.


Hope this helps somewhat

03-11-07, 09:42 PM
Kept me moving for years!:stirpot:

Where's the form?

Gotta tally my bar bills.:alchi:

03-12-07, 01:21 PM
Well, if we word it "used for transportation" we might get away with it. First law to allow drinking and get a tax writeoff!

03-12-07, 01:48 PM
I would be a wealthy man if i could write off all the alcohol that fuels my body!! :thepan:

03-12-07, 08:12 PM
I get plenty of gas from alcohol, primarily the next morning from the PBR. :alchi: