: Revised STS: 2008 STS SPIED

cmicasa
03-10-07, 10:00 AM
Sometimes It's Hard For Me To Believe that This is a Cadillac STS Site. That's all most of U do is complain. Perhaps I am a rarity, but personally I LOVE my STS. The car is reliable and fun to drive. People mob me when I take it out, about how nice it looks, commenting on how much better looking it is than the GS430, Eclass, and "Bangled" 5series.

IMO, Cadillacs biggest issues in the looks of the current one is that the rear taillights are BLAND when they are not lit at night or making a turn, and the WHEELS. I hate the fact that the base model Infiniti M get's 18 inch wheels, while my STS V8 came with 17s. And boring 17s to boot. So to make things right I could get the Euro Taillights, I already put 20s on so that is taken care of. The rest of the car is top notch for an '05.

Things that I would like to see in my next STS (if it's continued..I keep hearing rumors that it and the SRX won't):

1) the new interior (confirmed) from the pics below.
2) a little more "NOTICE ME" like the next CTS.
3) MORE POWER. 320HP is great, but in a world where the M45 has 325HP/336Lbs , the 550i has 360HP/360Lbs, the Eclass has 382hp/391lb, and even the Audi A6 now has 350HP.... Cadillac is missing the boat and needs to be in at 360HP at least from the V8, Especially since the 3.6L D.I. put in the 2008 CTS/STS will have 300HP (maybe more). THe STS-V should be in the 500HP range too.

Face it folks. The STS is not even being compared in magazine comparos anymore. Is it the cars fault that it doesn't compete? HECK NO!!! It's GM's. And Cadillac currently has the momentum to be better than BMW, let alone Lexus.

Oh. There is no way that the STS-L (from China Should not be over here by 2008... NO WAY.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/cmicasa/Cadillac2BSTS2Bspyshot.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/cmicasa/5-spied-2008-cadillac-sts.jpg

SPY SHOTS from LEFTLANE NEWS

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/cmicasa/cadillac_sls_05.jpg

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/1-2008-cadillac-sts-interior.jpg
New Interior for 2008

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/cmicasa/2007_cadillac_sls_official_3.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/cmicasa/2007_cadillac_sls_official.jpg
Cadillac SLS from CHINA

cmicasa
03-10-07, 10:04 AM
Interestingly this is not the finished product as U can see from the front fend not being properly aligned where it comes together with the door, Caddy is testing the new revised "CTS-ish" look for the STS, which, as seen beneath the clearer part of the bra has the same grille work as the 2008 CTS, and the CTS's side vent just tacked on...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/cmicasa/wwww.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/cmicasa/x08ca_ct024.jpg

FRONT of 2008 STS vs 2008 CTS...plenty of similarities

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/cmicasa/IMGP0186.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/cmicasa/IMGP0193.jpg
My Baby with 20inch

Dad7159
03-10-07, 08:04 PM
I have in my possesion 3 of 4 "new age cadillac's" that I own or have owned. I have an 05 SRX v-6( the wifes), an 06 XLR (traded my 05 CTSV for it), and an 05 STS V8 ISG. I have owned many cars over the years, mostly imports until now. I can tell you these cadillacs are excellent, especially my STS. I have spent enough time in all of cadillac's recent models and I personlly think it is the best. The interior does fall a little short, but the car is an absolute pleasure to drive, alot more so than the XLR. I also put 20" wheels and a V Grill and It always gets alot of attention. This put together with the reliability that I have experienced, and the wonderful dealer experience, I will never return to imports as long as Cadillac continues on the course they are on.

cmicasa
03-10-07, 09:58 PM
Nice Collection. I run the STS V8, a C5 Vette, a new Tahoe, and G6 as my company ride. The wife has a Saab 9-3 Aero.

jlmartin99
03-11-07, 07:10 PM
Greetings cmicasa,

I have am a STS V8 owner and I adore my STS. I evaluated my 2005 STS compared to BMW 545i and Lexus GS430 at the time and I very much liked these two luxury sedans as my #2 choice after Cadllac's STS. I also purchased a 2005 XLR with Mercedes-Benz SL500 as my #2 choice. Both cars have been absolutely wonderful.

JLM

BarryH_GEG
03-11-07, 10:32 PM
Things that I would like to see in my next STS (if it's continued..I keep hearing rumors that it and the SRX won't):

1) the new interior (confirmed) from the pics below.

The new interior -is- the interior for the Chinese SLS; they just got it first.

2) a little more "NOTICE ME" like the next CTS.

Cadillac tried to do "notice me" for both the interior and exterior of the SRX and CTS. The CTS overcame its interior and sold well after some initial changes and a lower price. The SRX was acclaimed but still isn't selling well even with the new for '07 interior. For the '05 STS, Cadillac went too far the other way. The car's good looking but bland. And priced with competitive options the car was too expensive. It's great to see that the interior and exterior issues are being addressed for '08. If Cadillac's smart they'll only offer the STS as a V8, include more options as standard, and adjust the price to what people have been actually paying. Doing this, the CTS can own the lower end of the market and the STS can be aimed at the higher end of the market.

3) MORE POWER. 320HP is great, but in a world where the M45 has 325HP/336Lbs , the 550i has 360HP/360Lbs, the Eclass has 382hp/391lb, and even the Audi A6 now has 350HP.... Cadillac is missing the boat and needs to be in at 360HP at least from the V8, Especially since the 3.6L D.I. put in the 2008 CTS/STS will have 300HP (maybe more). THe STS-V should be in the 500HP range too.

Not going to happen in 2008. GMs already announced that they're done investing in Northstar and are developing a new range of V8s that are higher performers and cost less to build. The engine isn't why the current STS hasn't sold.

Face it folks. The STS is not even being compared in magazine comparos anymore. Is it the cars fault that it doesn't compete? HECK NO!!! It's GM's.

There's no reason to compare it because nothing's changed. The STS-V pops up in comparison tests because it's in a very dynamic class of cars that people want to read about. And if a car rag did a comparison of V8 luxury sedans the same issues would be brought up again: 1) the car weighs too much and isn't geared enough toward handling, 2) the interior and exterior are bland, and 3) it's too expensive with options. It looks like Cadillac is addressing the issues so let's see what the next comparison test brings.

Oh. There is no way that the STS-L (from China Should not be over here by 2008... NO WAY.

It's already here. The R6C "STS-L 7 wheelbase extension" has been available for months and the W21 "Platinum package" has most of the rest of the "Chinese only" stuff.

I have in my possesion 3 of 4 "new age cadillac's" that I own or have owned. I have an 05 SRX v-6( the wifes), an 06 XLR (traded my 05 CTSV for it), and an 05 STS V8 ISG. I have owned many cars over the years, mostly imports until now. I can tell you these cadillacs are excellent, especially my STS. I have spent enough time in all of cadillac's recent models and I personlly think it is the best. The interior does fall a little short, but the car is an absolute pleasure to drive, alot more so than the XLR. I also put 20" wheels and a V Grill and It always gets alot of attention. This put together with the reliability that I have experienced, and the wonderful dealer experience, I will never return to imports as long as Cadillac continues on the course they are on.

I traded in a '05 SRX AWD V8 two weeks ago for a '07 STS-V. I also have a CTS 3.6 manual with the Sport Appearance package. They are (or were) great cars. The build quality's been amazing and they're certainly class competitive. I've had nine new Japanese and European cars since 1997. The Cadillac's hold up well in comparison to any of them. With the Escalade, Vs, the new CTS, and the upcoming freshened STS, Cadillac's future looks bright. Especially when compared to Lincoln who pretty much paralleled Cadillac through the late 90s and is now floundering with a bunch of dressed up Ford products and an ancient large SUV. As for the other Cadillac models… The SRX is a write-off as anything that can be done has short of completely replacing it with a new model. The XLR needs some work to keep up with fresher competition but it's always been a halo car anyway. The DTS is being kept around to serve the needs of specific markets; older folks who would only consider a traditional Cadillac and livery.

cmicasa
03-12-07, 05:04 PM
Greetings cmicasa,

I have am a STS V8 owner and I adore my STS. I evaluated my 2005 STS compared to BMW 545i and Lexus GS430 at the time and I very much liked these two luxury sedans as my #2 choice after Cadllac's STS. I also purchased a 2005 XLR with Mercedes-Benz SL500 as my #2 choice. Both cars have been absolutely wonderful.

JLM

Interesting. I actually tested the 545i, M45, and LS430 when I went looking. the 545i was sublime, but I have had waaaay to many friends who spend waaaay to much time at the dealership getting service on their BMWs. The M45 was another cool alternate, and altho I like it's exterior, it reminds me to much of the Maxima, plus the interior is HOTT, but the dashboard reminds me of an ATM machine. The Lexus...well it's a Toyota. BORING and more BORING. I would kicked myself for not getting a LUCERNE over the LS460 if I had of bought it.

The STS was it. I love it. And besides my complaint's named above, I really can only see two alternatives... the 2008 STS-V...or the ULS if it shows up..:)

cmicasa
03-12-07, 05:07 PM
Thanks Barry for the reply... Sounds great. I was actually speaking of the ULTRA V8 for this revised STS (hopefully.) They have said that it will be coming in at between 350HP-380HP

chiefmjk
03-13-07, 12:50 PM
My STS lease is up Jan. 2008. I must say so far the 2008 CTS looks impressive. I hope the 08 STS shows some major improvements on the N*.

c5 rv
03-13-07, 04:09 PM
I want to know why Cadillac stylists suddenly felt the need to put fender vents on everything? Not enough excitement going on at Buick?

jlmartin99
03-14-07, 08:02 PM
Interesting. I actually tested the 545i, M45, and LS430 when I went looking. the 545i was sublime, but I have had waaaay to many friends who spend waaaay to much time at the dealership getting service on their BMWs. The M45 was another cool alternate, and altho I like it's exterior, it reminds me to much of the Maxima, plus the interior is HOTT, but the dashboard reminds me of an ATM machine. The Lexus...well it's a Toyota. BORING and more BORING. I would kicked myself for not getting a LUCERNE over the LS460 if I had of bought it.

The STS was it. I love it. And besides my complaint's named above, I really can only see two alternatives... the 2008 STS-V...or the ULS if it shows up..:)

Greetings cmicasa,

I also reviewed the M45 wonderful product, but overall styling just did not do it for me. The only replacement sedan is the STS-V, but I am hereing there will be and upgrade in power for 2009 and if that is the case, I am in.

JLM