: Boston's Lead Singer Brad Delp Dies at 55

CIWS
03-10-07, 08:08 AM
Boston Lead Singer Brad Delp Dies at 55

ATKINSON, N.H. (AP) - Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55. Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.
Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.
The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.
Delp sang vocals on Boston's 1976 hits "More than a Feeling" and "Longtime." He also sang on Boston's most recent album, "Corporate America," released in 2002.
He joined the band in the early 1970s after meeting Tom Scholz, an MIT student interested in experimental methods of recording music, according to the group's official Web site. The band enjoyed its greatest success and influence during its first decade.
The band's last appearance was in November 2006 at Boston's Symphony Hall.
On Friday night, the Web site was taken down and replaced with the statement: "We just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."
A call to the Swampscott, Mass., home of Boston guitarist Barry Goudreau was not immediately returned Friday night.
---
On the Net: http://www.bandboston.com (http://www.bandboston.com)

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070310/D8NP0L487.html

-------------------------------------------
"I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away"

-Brad Delp, 1951-2007

UFwIgbyrNhw

pimpin88
03-10-07, 10:43 AM
Dang dude, that really sucks. Boston is probably my favorite band ever.

jrose7004
03-10-07, 10:53 AM
That's too bad!

DILLIGAF
03-10-07, 11:35 AM
Man that sucks!I have been thinking of back then.Tonight i'm going to go hear Proto-Kaw for the first time.It's basically Kerry Livgrens band,(Kansas)remember them?Anyhow, the Livgren's are from here.Heres some vids if your bored.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=proto-kaw&search=Search

90Brougham350
03-10-07, 11:49 AM
Well this blows! Delp had one of the greatest rock 'n roll voices, and he'll be missed for sure. I've read he was a really nice guy in person as well. Damn. Oh well, there goes another classic rock heavyweight.

RightTurn
03-10-07, 01:08 PM
Bummer. Another one bites the dust. :(

LS1Mike
03-10-07, 02:05 PM
Man that sucks, I saw them in concert back in 96 at the Gorge in George, Washington...They played for almost 4 hours!! The played every song off of Boston, Boston!!
They were awesome!

thebigjimsho
03-10-07, 02:18 PM
What many don't know is that he's been spending a lot of time lately playing in a Beatles cover band called Beetlejuice. I personally didn't see his act but many of my friends have and saw him just recently. When I told one of them this morning, she was devestated.

Definitely one of the nicest, most humble guys in rock.

STS127
03-10-07, 03:03 PM
R.I.P Brad. Boston is one of my favorite classic rock bands. Their music has such a nice sound to it and Delp's singing was absolutely cyrstal clear. Foreplay/Long Time one of my all time favorites. Brad you will be missed. R.I.P

CIWS
03-10-07, 03:06 PM
Bummer. Another one bites the dust. :(

That was Queen and Freddie Mercury... ;)

lawfive
03-10-07, 05:16 PM
I have fond memories of things and women I was doing while early Boston songs were playing on the stereo...

gary88
03-10-07, 06:06 PM
Damn, I hate to hear that. Definitley one of the most unique and distinguishiable voices in rock and roll. R.I.P. Brad.

RightTurn
03-10-07, 06:49 PM
That was Queen and Freddie Mercury... ;)

Nobody likes a smartass, C. :alchi:

:lol:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-11-07, 01:07 PM
Damn! Delp had a great voice and seemed like a pretty straightforward, decent human being, unlike so many other rock & rollers from the same era. R.I.P Brad and my feelings go out to his bandmates and family!