: DVD Nav system "The Disk installed is not a MAP DVD"

uiwchris
03-09-07, 04:29 PM
GM sent me an updated Nav disk in the mail for my CPO '05 STS V8. It was free. When I first put it in, the screen said "The disk installed is not a MAP DVD." I turned off the car, went shopping, and when I came back, it worked just fine.

Now, on and off, when you press the world button to get into the nav system, and press agree, it gives this message. It is hit or miss on when it does it. The dealer found a partial bulletin, #PIC3187A. However, they keep telling me I have the wrong disk. Cadillac sent me in the mail the updated disk, 15924195. However, the dealership said the correct disc is 10381281. Right hand, left hand?????

So I put the old disk in thinking it would go away, and it still has the same problem. It never had a problem before the updated disk. I had to take video of the malfunction before they would believe me. This makes the navigation, GPS, and VR functions useless. They are ordering me an entirely new DVD/Navigation/Radio system because they think it is the DVD reader in the unit.

Has anyone else had this problem with the updated Nav disk, or their Navigation Unit?

Thanks

NC STS-V
03-09-07, 07:29 PM
Not sure if they tried a software upgrade, but that error message is one of the things supposedly fixed by the software update documented in the post below:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1000455-post18.html

Ron