: '07 EXT & Motorcycles...

5andunder
03-09-07, 01:55 PM
Hello Escalade owners… I have a CTS-V that is rolling off lease on 4/1 and am considering a EXT, the wife wants the old pickup gone. Damn HOA has fined us $250 plus $20 a day for the last 3 months, she settled w/ them for the $250 and moving the truck by the end of the month… Me, I would have kept fighting starting w/ sending them a list of the violations I found just on my street (w/o giving them name and/or addresses of course). I figure an EXT would allow me to haul my bikes and I can use the proceeds for my truck sale for a set of rims…

Need to know if my bikes will fit w/ the midgate closed… Really only need to haul 1 at a time but would be great if I could haul both.

Sport Bike:
Overall Length: 81.5 in.
Wheelbase: 55 in.

Dirt Bike:
Overall Length: 85 in.
Wheelbase: 57.8 in.

I have done a search but everything I have seen is on the previous body not the ’07 so if this is redundant I am sorry and you can simply point me to the post…

Thank you for you help!

pimp-cadi-danny
03-10-07, 02:22 AM
my TL1000R will fit in my ext with the tailgate open

8ball
03-10-07, 07:24 PM
I've put mine back there before but only one, not much room for anything else. I've also had to leave the tailgate down. I have heard if you back it in and put the mid gate down you can close the tail gate it it means that much too, I think it's too much of a hasle. Here's some pic's; what do you ride?

Dif
03-10-07, 08:21 PM
Hello Escalade owners… I have a CTS-V that is rolling off lease on 4/1 and am considering a EXT, the wife wants the old pickup gone. Damn HOA has fined us $250 plus $20 a day for the last 3 months, she settled w/ them for the $250 and moving the truck by the end of the month… Me, I would have kept fighting starting w/ sending them a list of the violations I found just on my street (w/o giving them name and/or addresses of course). I figure an EXT would allow me to haul my bikes and I can use the proceeds for my truck sale for a set of rims…

Need to know if my bikes will fit w/ the midgate closed… Really only need to haul 1 at a time but would be great if I could haul both.

Sport Bike:
Overall Length: 81.5 in.
Wheelbase: 55 in.

Dirt Bike:
Overall Length: 85 in.
Wheelbase: 57.8 in.

I have done a search but everything I have seen is on the previous body not the ’07 so if this is redundant I am sorry and you can simply point me to the post…

Thank you for you help!

The bed dimensions are the same for "all" year EXT's.
With the Midgate up/closed, the bed length is 5 feet 3 inches (63 inches) ..
You'll need to at least have the tail gate down to fit either bike in there and most likely put the Midgate down also/otherwise.

KamronZX6R
03-11-07, 09:43 PM
8ball, is that a ramp that you are using as a tailgate?

8ball
03-12-07, 02:54 AM
8ball, is that a ramp that you are using as a tailgate?

Ya that's a ramp, I think it's called a ready ramp or something like that don't remember. Kind of pricey though but if you need something to keep crap from falling out this will help.

KamronZX6R
03-12-07, 11:10 AM
Wow that's neat. How is it held down? Is it clamped down onto the door? Any more close-up shots of how it works? I'm really interested in this thing so if you have anymore info on this product I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks - Kam

8ball
03-12-07, 12:55 PM
Thanks, it's clamped down with 4 straps. It uses the hinges that the tailgate uses, I don't have any close up pictures with me since I'm still in Iraq but if you look it up their web site should pop up; I think they have pic's on there.

jrs05caddyext
03-12-07, 01:32 PM
http://www.readyramp.com/