: 96 STS in Israel

princerani
03-09-07, 12:30 PM
Hello
I live in Israel and I just bought a 96 STS sliverstar, believe me we have only a few STS’s in Israel.

I changed the oil, check the filters, spark plugs, and when I reached the coolant system, I found that, it was filled with regular water., here we don’t have Mobile or TEXCO, so can any one tell me which liquid to add in the coolant system, antifreeze or what, and do I need to flush the water. And if there is an article about Service the coolant system.

Also the “service engine soon” led turned on once a few days ago, what does it mean.

Thank you

jadcock
03-09-07, 02:09 PM
If the GM Dexcool coolant is not available there, you can use the normal green coolant (Prestone, etc). I don't know what's available in Israel -- what do other cars use there?

The Service Engine Soon light means that something may be wrong with an emission control device or other sensor on the car. You can check the codes by pressing two buttons simultaneously on the air conditioning control panel: OFF and PASS WARMER (the "up" side of the rocker switch for the passenger temperature control). Turn the ignition to on (engine doesn't have to be running) and press and hold those two buttons until all the lights light up and it will start displaying codes on the information screen under the speedometer. Write down all the codes and post back (after the codes display, you can simply turn the ignition off to exit the diagnostic mode).

princerani
03-10-07, 10:04 AM
The codes I'v got are
PC1571, AC312, RS0038, PZ2042

weister42
03-10-07, 10:10 PM
You're a prince?? I know they barely have any Cadillacs over there, can you still get parts for them?

jadcock
03-12-07, 05:51 AM
Hmmm...I don't recognize those codes. Perhaps export cars have a different diagnostic system? Anyone?