: Anyone here own a Trailblazer SS?

keeksv
03-09-07, 10:47 AM
Just shopping around; wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Yes, I am going to keep the Caddy:thehand:

Thanks

Blackout
03-09-07, 11:21 AM
I don't own one but I did take one for a test drive. The thing was pretty quick but my only issues were that it's only a 4 speed and the shift points at time were kinda weird. It would downshift when I really didn't want to and when I did want the downshift it would sometimes bog. If your in the market for a TB SS I would also say to check out the SRT-8 GC. Yeah I know that goes against what everybody else thinks here but I would say to check it out

keeksv
03-09-07, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I'm no stranger to going against what people here think, but one thing that I like about the TB SS is the towing capacity. The GC SRT is faster and handles better, but there is a lot that can be accomplished with a good tune and some light mods, even with the shift points of the TB. Not sure what DC is offering, but GM has 4K rebate or 0.0%/60 months plus dealer incentives now.
Thanks

Blackout
03-09-07, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I'm no stranger to going against what people here think, but one thing that I like about the TB SS is the towing capacity. The GC SRT is faster and handles better, but there is a lot that can be accomplished with a good tune and some light mods, even with the shift points of the TB. Not sure what DC is offering, but GM has 4K rebate or 0.0%/60 months plus dealer incentives now.
ThanksI'm not really sure if DC is even offering any rebates or incentives for the SRT-8 or not. But the towing capacity for both is nothing amazing as far as I remember. DC did start offering a tow package for the SRT-8 but I have no idea as to how much it can tow though.

keeksv
03-09-07, 12:04 PM
TB SS is 6600 lbs. for AWD 6800 for RWD.

Still trying to find the GC SRT #s

Blackout
03-09-07, 12:23 PM
SRT-8 is only 3500 lbs

keeksv
03-09-07, 12:57 PM
Yup--just found that too.

My sick idea is to be able to trailer my Caddy to the drags and track when I want. I think the TB SS might be able to handle that chore.

Sandy
03-09-07, 02:37 PM
On paper, the the Trailblazer SS is great. I went to see it, like 4 months ago. I was very very dissapointed in the interior. It needs a complete overhaul. Cheap looking gray plastic abounds, flat seats, El Cheapo Dash. Put the Buick Rainer interior into it & it's good to go. But, sadly, ya can't.
Exterior-wise, I'd take the SS over the frumpy looking Jeep GC SRT8

c5 rv
03-09-07, 09:32 PM
I seriously considered the TBSS last spring, but leased an SRX instead. I found there to be a lack of headroom with a sunroof. (Most all of them on dealer lots with leather also have a sunroof.) I found the seats to be uncomfortable and the center console wobbled on every unit I test drove. (Plus on my friend's Envoy.) Then there's the MPG - maybe 15 overall with AWD. I did love the engine and suspension, though.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-09-07, 09:38 PM
I've driven a few examples of the TB SS at work, and I like them more than I do the GC SRT-8, which I've never driven. The TB is subtley muscular, whereas the GC is ugly IMO, too much going on there. Neither have great interiors, nor are made of fantastic materials, but the TB is better IMO because the interior design is more straightforward and has more rear seat room. Also, the TBSS is surprisingly cheap, roughly $39,995 MSRP, that seems like a steal to me!

Blackout
03-10-07, 09:15 AM
I've driven a few examples of the TB SS at work, and I like them more than I do the GC SRT-8, which I've never driven.So then how can you say the TB SS is better if you've never driven the SRT-8? If your looking for a performance SUV then the SRT-8 is superior to the TB SS in damn near every statistical catagory.

Neither have great interiors, nor are made of fantastic materials,After checking out some pics of the TB SS's interior I was reminded about one thing that I thought was seriously stupid. When looking at the gauge cluster, why in the hell does the RPM gauge have a white back ground but the rest is a black back ground? I think it looks so damn stupid. Either make them all with white back grounds or make them all with black back grounds. It really makes it look cheap.
http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/03/TrailBlazer-SS-Interior-6-thumb.JPG

And between the SRT-8 and TB SS, the SRT-8 takes the cake when it comes to nicer interiors. It might not be made of much better materials but they made the materials they used look a lot nicer and more upscale then the TB SS's flat black plastic every where

C6 DNA
03-10-07, 08:02 PM
And between the SRT-8 and TB SS, the SRT-8 takes the cake when it comes to nicer interiors. It might not be made of much better materials but they made the materials they used look a lot nicer and more upscale then the TB SS's flat black plastic every where

I have to agree with blackout, but when I bought my TB SS it stickered for $38,XXX, and I walked out the door paying $32,000 with tax and title. The Jeep on the other hand was $42,xxx then a $2k market adjustment and tax and title was going to be just under $47,000. So they got a better interior and a slightly faster truck and I got $15k and can tow my 20ft boat around no problem. Oh yeah with my intake, header, and tune I am now faster than most Srt-8s.

LS1Mike
03-10-07, 08:39 PM
Aftermarket is huge for the LS2.

mocts
03-11-07, 01:45 AM
car and driver picked the tbss over the srt8

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10847/speed-crazy-sport-utes.html

Blackout
03-11-07, 02:29 PM
car and driver picked the tbss over the srt8

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10847/speed-crazy-sport-utes.html
No offense but C&D is by far the worst magazine ever

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-11-07, 06:01 PM
No offense but C&D is by far the worst magazine ever

What's your reasoning behind that? Oh and regarding how I can't like the TB SS more because I've never driven a GC SRT-8, you're partially right how I can't compare because I've never driven the Jeep, but I hate the overall interior and exterior design so much on that Jeep I wouldn't even look at it. T-B for me, but to be honest, I wouldn't be buying a super sporty SUV.

LS1Mike
03-11-07, 06:26 PM
All magazines suck...Don't be a magazine racer.
Remeber magazine articles are a opinions. We all know how that works...
Opinions are like *******s everyone has got one and they all stink.
If you want to see what a car can do. Drive and do it for than an hour.

Blackout
03-12-07, 05:19 AM
What's your reasoning behind that? It would probably be because of a shoot out they had a while ago. The shoot out was called cheap speed or something like that. The focus of the article was which cheap car delivered the best performance for the buck. The two noteable cars in the test were the Acura RSX Type S and the Dodge SRT-4. They had the Acura RSX Type S winning because it had a nicer interior. So from that day on in the SRT-4 community the RSX became the car with the fastest interior.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-12-07, 09:23 PM
Best performance for the buck? SRT-4 by a long shot! I know that the RSX-S is a fantastic handler, and maybe that along with the interior (which really isn't a concern) won the RSX the trophy. But personally, between the two, I'd take the Acura, I hate SRT-4's.

Blackout
03-13-07, 05:25 AM
I hate SRT-4's.How could you!? One of the most underrestimated cars in quite sometime! Hell a guy on the forums has some minor mod's and dyno'd 260+ hp and 290+ tq to the wheels while running very rich and without a tune. Here's his list of mod's and the duno chart

Mods

Well I dynoed for my first time yesterday. Main power mods are:
Needswings DP
PTP WGA
Ebay Big FMIC (quickwhips) which didnt really help power on the dyno

Minor things that probally didnt help but might be noteworthy are:
PTP Short Ram intake extention pipe
PTP coil heatshield
PTP Check valve
JMB Cold and Hotside Pipe
Greddy type-S BO

Didnt know which to post so....
SAE Corrected

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/BrianXVX/saecorrection.jpg
269hp 292tq

Uncorrected/unsmoothed
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/BrianXVX/unsmoothed.jpg
279hp 305tq

They said I was running very very rich, I had a SAFC and a wideband coming in now.