: I just bought a bar!!!

Spyder
03-09-07, 04:30 AM
The Branding Iron, in Marysville. I have obtained a financial interest in the new rock and roll bar in town!

Only 1%, but enough to get me started on my road to run and adventure. I'll be working and supplementing the money with tips, but it looks like it may be a good time. :)

It's actually a really large place. Holds over two hundred, if I remember right. Biggest dance floor within fifty miles, three pool tables, huge outdoor areas with bbq's, horseshoe pits, etc etc.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=109262981&MyToken=570aa001-5c91-4c8a-b564-9636f200d1c3

OffThaHorseCEO
03-09-07, 08:24 AM
daaamn balla! sounds good

good luck!

eBigrich
03-09-07, 09:10 AM
Can I get on the list!!

weister42
03-09-07, 10:48 AM
That's strange cause there's a restaurant called Branding Iron a few miles away from my house, and I live in central Wisconsin.

Your bad sounds much cooler though, does it have a banging PA system and some dance poles? hehe

Levand16
03-09-07, 11:59 AM
If you need a cash register keep me in mind! Century Cash Register... j/j

but we really do sell cash registers, paper, and ribbons.

Rolex
03-09-07, 05:53 PM
Can i be on the VIP list and get in without a "pat down?" ;)

pabstcadillac
03-09-07, 06:00 PM
Forget about being on the list & what not, because I know I'm cool enough to make that happen. My main concern is do you have PBR on tap, bottles or cans? Once we solve this we can discuss my appearance fee. :alchi:

jrose7004
03-09-07, 07:56 PM
Congrats and good luck!

DILLIGAF
03-09-07, 10:44 PM
Awesome!Have fun and make some money!

Spyder
03-11-07, 01:46 PM
Well...last night was an interesting start to the bar business. 'Twas my first night on the job. The last Hip Hop show of the bar's career. I guess it was booked before and we didn't want to cancel it...figured the stuff that was already booked through the end of the month we'd take and give them notice they wouldn't be back.

Fairly slow night, actually...with a bunch of nortenos from Sacramento, faces tattooed, seeming to be alright for the most part, throughout the first half of the night. Next thing I know they all run outside followed by a bunch of other folks...bouncers and I follow 'em out and the first thing I hear is "Get the gun". Four distinct times I heard variations of this as we were running through the crowd getting our asses to where we could see what was going on...fight, normal fight, with the exception of one guy digging in the trunk of his car...we grabbed him, yanked him out of it, closed it, seperated everyone...one of them headed back in the bar, starts swinging on somebody else again. By this time the PD, Sheriffs and CHP were well on their way. I'm not sure who called, but at mention of a gun, someone did. Good.

Sirens are heard, all the gangbangers jump into their cars and take off. The last one to leave, the guy that went back inside and started fighting after it was calmed down, jumps in a green minivan and takes off. By this time, officers were all over the place. Four of them are standing in front of said minivan, which accelerates at them and is barely avoided by one of the officers who was a bit slower on his feet.

Needless to say, many squad cars took off after the minivan. (It wasn't even a nice one!! :) )

The rest of the night was shot. Most of the people left, we didn't make much money...and we all decided that no more hip hop shows would happen. I like that.

Gonna have to go pick up a newspaper and see what the idiots in the minivan who ran had on them to make them do so.

Sinister Angel
03-11-07, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the world of business ownership :)

I bounced for a club at a while before heading off to basic. When shit's going smooth, it's a fun laid back job.

FastCTS
03-11-07, 02:51 PM
You might want to check with the police dept. you are testing for, most dept. won't allow their officers to have a financial interest in any business dealing with alcoholic beverages. :alchi:

dkozloski
03-11-07, 03:32 PM
Around here the police have a primary vote on whether or not you can be granted a liquor license. Police are absolutely prohibited from having a financial interest in the liquor business.

Spyder
03-11-07, 03:37 PM
Yea, the others who are in it, and in it for a lot more than I am, they all know that I could be needing to get out at any time with little notice. They're all ok with it and its in the paperwork already that there won't be a penalty of any kind if I have to bail.

Benzilla
03-11-07, 03:43 PM
You're called Spyder, and work in a bar... please get shot in the foot lol.

Spyder
03-11-07, 05:46 PM
...? I'm guessing a movie reference?

slk230mb
03-11-07, 06:12 PM
...? I'm guessing a movie reference?

GoodFellas.

Spyder
03-11-07, 10:28 PM
Huh...great movie, I've seen it LOTS...and for some reason its still not ringing a bell...it has been a few years.

Spyder
03-11-07, 10:28 PM
Eh, I remember the kid getting shot in the foot by Pesci, but not that his name was spider. Oh well...