: Painting an 88 RWD Brougham

Gwokable
03-08-07, 06:52 PM
My sister is an amazing artist that has a great imagination; I have a car that has more flat surfaces and body on it than 99% of the cars on the road. I know I want to keep this car as a project and power car, and if things work out well, I'm going to ask her to paint it at some point; I'll throw the car in storage, take off a hood, a quarter panel, a door, etc, grind it down, put mat black primer over it and let her go at it with a paintbrush.

I always liked the idea of putting flames starting from the center of the hood as bright white, and slowly turning from white to green, to blue then finally to a dark, dull orange they traverse down from the hood onto the quarter panels. The flames would have various things in them, like dead souls of saints, horses, etc.

What do you guys think would be good themes?

Cadillac_Fan
03-08-07, 08:06 PM
I vote for cocktail/martini glasses, dice, palm trees and piano keys. Swellegant.

Destroyer
03-08-07, 08:08 PM
Star Wars, yeah make it an intergalactic Cadillac. Call it the Millinium Brougham. Or maybe go with a black and white theme and paint it like a cow or better yet maybe a pink matte paint and put pig snout up front and a tail out back. Seriously, I have no idea and I know I'm getting silly here. :alchi:

LAC-MAN
03-08-07, 08:42 PM
I Would Get A Metallic Base Coat Followed By A 3 Stage Clear Coat. It Would Show The Lines Of The Car Better. I Dont Think The Flames Would Look So Good Being The Car Is So Long. I Just Read About The Paint Brush, Wtf

lochenjons
03-08-07, 09:13 PM
make it a boss hog

devilock76
03-09-07, 09:24 AM
How about a tribute to Joe Strummer?!?

Ken