: Fuel overfill problem w/ new 07 EXT

tpcss
03-08-07, 06:36 PM
Anyone out there having fuel overfill problems when filling their EXT? Mine is a new 07:) I've only had the truck a month and filled her up for the second time today. Both times that I've filled fuel, the fuel nozzle stopped then you hear a sloshing sound and fuel comes back out the filler hole. Anyone else having this issue? I filled at two different stations so I don't think it was a fuel dispenser problem.

On a somewhat related side note, the dispensers both stopped at $75.00 automatically. Sucks to have to stop, pull the receipt then start the process again whenever I have to fill up. Is this normal everywhere across the country or is it just out here in Hawaii (where premium is currently $3.03/gal). Just wondering.....

hcvone
03-08-07, 06:58 PM
Usually stopping at say $75.00 is with your gas/credit card company, call them and that will stop, I had that happen to a Exxon/Mobil company card, called them and had the limit lifted to $100.00 per fill up, I hope it doesn't get there. :(

hcvone
03-08-07, 06:59 PM
Your vent hose next to the filler neck maybe blocked or kinked causing the problem

ejholt
03-09-07, 05:44 PM
I've had mine for 3 months now and filled up several times and not run into this issue.

jrs05caddyext
03-09-07, 06:18 PM
Most gas stations now have a limit depending on what credit card is used.

STEALTHBOMBER
03-09-07, 08:11 PM
i do it all the time... i think i got it down now tho you can only pump about 10 or 15 cents over from when it does the auto stop thing

8ball
03-10-07, 08:31 PM
Most gas stations have it stop at $75.

LLT
03-11-07, 07:37 AM
I've not had it happen on its own, but the 07 is pretty much a click-and-stop vehicle, meaning... once it clicks, you're pretty much done. If you "top it off" you will have overflow.

tpcss
03-12-07, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the input so far guys. Regarding the overfill, I did stop at the first click, fuel didn't come out right away. The filler nozzle clicked off, then I hear this sloshing sound and then the fuel came out. The nozzle had already clicked off so not a whole lot of fuel came out. I'll be filling again in the next few days. I'm going to a different station and if it overfilles again I'm heading to the dealer (as much as I don't want to).

hcvone
03-12-07, 08:14 AM
If you look under the truck where the fuel neck is, check the vent hose next to the filler neck, when the air hose is crushed or kinked it will do what your truck is doing.