: opinions...sandy,iluvcaddy's,anyone

OffThaHorseCEO
03-08-07, 12:28 PM
you might have read me mention i went car shopping with the gf recently. she narrowed her search down and is heavily in like with chrysler sebrings, primarily the convertibles. shes lookins at a sebring convertible jxi (?) right now for 3900. any opinions on these vehicles. are they generally reiliable? i wont ask about cosmetic affinity cause beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder and she, the beholder thinks its beautiful.

should she expect any high repair bills or is there anything to look out for when inspecting this car

the car has 105000 miles on it

any input is appreciated, thanks

i mention sandy in my title cause hes sandy, if he doesnt know it he somehow magically finds out

iluvcaddy's i was hatin on you hehe, but if theres somethin good i can say about you is your on your way to becoming a sandy, plus i know youve test driven a million cars so yea

OffThaHorseCEO
03-08-07, 12:44 PM
wow kelly blue book says retail is close to 7000, (6755) and i just went with the default options, i think it may have had a cd player but i didnt list it with kbb.

can anyone carfax the vin

CadillacSTS42005
03-08-07, 01:33 PM
ooo
now see i can help with this one
but my name wasnt in the title ahahha
my aunt has a black on black vert and she loves it
think Camaro
only fwd, more comfortable, and cheaper to work on/maintain
seriously its like Lac meets F-Body
to be honest id rather have a Camaro but thats because im a Chevy boy
its a nice car and she has something like 100K on hers and she has a company car but she rather drive the Sebring

OffThaHorseCEO
03-08-07, 01:53 PM
ooo
now see i can help with this one
but my name wasnt in the title ahahha
my aunt has a black on black vert and she loves it
think Camaro
only fwd, more comfortable, and cheaper to work on/maintain
seriously its like Lac meets F-Body
to be honest id rather have a Camaro but thats because im a Chevy boy
its a nice car and she has something like 100K on hers and she has a company car but she rather drive the Sebring

my bad, i figured you for a caddy man. didnt know you rolled chrysler style too hehe. before i knew much about cars, and divisions and manufacturers, i thought chrysler must be related to gm in some way cause of the sebring, it looked ALOT like the camaro. but then i started paying more attention and dismissed that idea.

she doesnt want camaro, or a mustang, and the best part about this girl is, shes doesnt want a honda. i kinda like the chrysler look on these cars.

thanks for the info

btw, anyone whos name is not in the title, please do not be offended but the two individuals in the title pop into my head as being able to spit stats and facts. of course id appreciate first hand experience to facts but ill take watever i can get hehe

creeker
03-08-07, 02:56 PM
you might have read me mention i went car shopping with the gf recently. she narrowed her search down and is heavily in like with chrysler sebrings, primarily the convertibles. shes lookins at a sebring convertible jxi (?) right now for 3900. any opinions on these vehicles. are they generally reiliable? i wont ask about cosmetic affinity cause beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder and she, the beholder thinks its beautiful.

should she expect any high repair bills or is there anything to look out for when inspecting this car

the car has 105000 miles on it

any input is appreciated, thanks

i mention sandy in my title cause hes sandy, if he doesnt know it he somehow magically finds out

iluvcaddy's i was hatin on you hehe, but if theres somethin good i can say about you is your on your way to becoming a sandy, plus i know youve test driven a million cars so yea

Check out "car survey.org".

Sandy
03-08-07, 04:10 PM
Okay. Thanks for the compliment. Hope I can live up to it.

Sebring Convert.

They are not bad cars. They do tend to have a rattle or 2 and/or some squeeks, especiallyif they have been daily drivers and/or driven "hard" ~
Engine & tranny-wise, they are B+ all the way. There are generally 2 weak sports.

1. Doors. They are looooong and tend to sag in shorty order (3 years). When they sag at the hinges they sound crummy cheap when they are closed.

2. THEY CAN LEAK ! Usually by the header, over the R/View mirror area.
I would ask the seller if I could take it for a ride, and take it to a really nearby car wash without a long line, but one where you ride thru IN the car. Take a flashlight and look real hard & fast as you co thru for water coming in.
I don't mean 1, 2 or3 drops.... I mean WATER

3. Try the A/C & Pwr. Windows & Pwr Seat if equipped. Try Heater. Drive down flat > absolutely flat < road, let go steering wheel, will she go straight for at least .4 a mile?

Power Top? Try it. They are costly to fix.

Best I can offer. They are ALOT better looking than the 2008, just out. THAT is UUUUgly !

If she's getting a loan, check out Capitol One. They've got some really competitve rates right now, especially for 1st time borrowers.

Good Luck

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-08-07, 11:31 PM
OTHCEO, thanks for the compliment, and for asking my input, but I'm sorry I can't be of any assistance, I never took much interest in Chryslers, except the 60's-70's Imperials. I know some of the '90s FWD Chryslers had issues with the transmissions, but that's all I know regarding modern Chryslers.

Jesda is a great resource on '90s Chryslers, I'm sure he'd be able to help!