: engine won't start.. shift to park message !!..

ascariSTS
03-08-07, 11:43 AM
I just had a small accident in my 06 STS... it was in the front bumper and a little bit inside... also both fenders, headlights, and hood need to be changed ... total cost was about 10,000 $ for only spare parts :eek:

hehe anyways... the car was working fine even after the accident... but all the coolant water came out of the reservoir coz it got broken... i towed it twice and there was no problem with starting and stopping...

the third time i tried to do a remote start... it didn't work... when i went into the car and tried to start it normally, it didn't start and the "engine" light was on... i pressed the accessories button, it went into accessories mode... when i tried to start the car again, it said " Shift to Park " .... it was already in park ... i moved it to N then to P... same thing... i tried to turn off accessories mode and i couldn't ... it doesn't start and it doesn't go off... i simply dropped it at the dealer and left it .... i hope it's not a major problem...

IndyJeff
03-08-07, 02:07 PM
the third time i tried to do a remote start... it didn't work... when i went into the car and tried to start it normally, it didn't start and the "engine" light was on... i pressed the accessories button, it went into accessories mode... when i tried to start the car again, it said " Shift to Park " .... it was already in park ... i moved it to N then to P... same thing... i tried to turn off accessories mode and i couldn't ... it doesn't start and it doesn't go off... i simply dropped it at the dealer and left it .... i hope it's not a major problem...

So how'd you drop it off at the dealer if you couldn't get it to start? :)

ascariSTS
03-08-07, 04:06 PM
towing :|

horaibi
09-05-11, 03:23 PM
Dear,
same things happen to my sts, kindly advice me how did you solve the problem on your car? what ws the problem?

regads,
H.

AnderbrA
09-06-11, 10:56 AM
I had a similar problem but was trying to get into ON/not running mode to pull codes. The shift to park message kept it from going into this mode. I pulled the battery cable, let it sit for a moment, reconnected and everything was back to normal. Might give that a try.