: Srt8 Dyno Truth

ONESICKSRT8
03-07-07, 08:02 PM
Hi. Im from the 300c forums. Im not hear to say anything bad or cause trouble. Just to state some facts. I was reading a thread on this website about a supercharged CTS-V vs. a stock 300c. I must say I love both vehicles!!! But the truth in dyno hp/trq to the wheels of a stock 300c SRT8 were talked about and never shown to you guys. Well here is my completly stock SRT8 dyno in SAE power to the wheels. Also if anyone wants to race me around a track, I'd love to show you what a 300C SRT8 can do. Im not saying either car is faster on the track but man it'll be close. The ESP system can be deactivated completely(not just pressing the esp button once on my vehicle). Thus, alowing a good driver to push the potentional much farther. Again I love the CTS-V and it was the second vehicle I looked at before I purchased my SRT8. Hope this is helpful for some info on the SRT8.

P.S. If your in the south florida area send me a pm and we can do a couple drag races and I have a pretty nice set of turns that we can go through to see how the cars do against each other. Thanks for your time.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/jaeice420/dynosheetsae.jpg

vettethret
03-07-07, 09:55 PM
Thats a strong dyno. I came VERY close to getting an srt. I have an srt viper so at least I have one in the family. How much does your car weigh?:thumbsup:

DILLIGAF
03-07-07, 09:57 PM
Your car is ugly,decent numbers though.Not to start a fight either but that could be a very generous dyno,and actually it doesn't mean shit untill you stick a stock V on the same dyno if you want to compare some numbers.Every dyno is different,no internet bench racers in here.

Gordy Petrovski
03-07-07, 09:59 PM
Man those are good #'s,my 05 did 320rwhp stock.

The Tony Show
03-07-07, 10:07 PM
:yeah:

Looking at published performance data gathered on a track (not a dyno), the CTS-V outperforms the SRT-8 in every way. It's not a landslide victory, but add up a few tenths advantage from 50-90 mph over the course of 15 turns, and you're suddenly talking better lap times to the tune of seconds, not tenths. Plus, the manual transmission and more communicative chassis make the V a more fun car to drive.

The SRT makes a good drag machine since it requires no skill to drive- just mash the pedal and keep the car pointed straight- but it's no V on a track.

CVP33
03-07-07, 10:15 PM
What do you want to do?

The CTS-V handles a road course better.
The SRT-8 handles a drag race better.

I got the coilovers and sways to get the best of both worlds, although I still think a CTS-V could outhustle me on a road course. Not by much though. Good dyno but like everyone stated, apples to oranges. Mine rolled to a 401rwhp and 411rwtq. A Charger SRT-8 just before me rolled a 365rwhp, so who knows.

DILLIGAF
03-07-07, 10:16 PM
So it's up to me huh?

Ryan's '05-V
03-07-07, 10:17 PM
My stock 2005 V was at 299 on a mustang dyno. Flyboys 2005 that is nicely modded with lots of goodies was only about 340-350 as I recall. He has everything but a maggie so it's fast and very loud. His V would smoke any stock SRT8 for sure so like rp64ctsv said, unless a V and SRT8 are on the same dyno, it's hard to compare. I like the SRT8 vehicles as well so nice ride.

keeksv
03-07-07, 10:32 PM
So, what does this have to do with a supercharged CTS-V?

Luna.
03-07-07, 10:36 PM
Dyno results are often all over the board. I've seen stock SRT-8s turning 340-350 to the wheels (I sent them to CVP33 even, as he didn't believe me :) ).

Dynoes and dyno results are merely tools, nothing more.

Personally, I love the SRT-8, both in the 300 and the Charger (not a fan of the Magnum though). Just awesome performance, good looks, and a decent price.

One thing I noted though--your comment about a Supercharged CTS-V vs. a stock SRT-8 confused me. That would seldom be a challenge for the V, for that isn't apples to apples. The SRT-8 would have little chance, even at the strip (well, unless the V blows his diff...:) )

GMBOUND
03-07-07, 10:43 PM
Will someone in S. FL please answer his cry...go smoke this guy and when you're finished post the results on the 300C forum!:blasted:

DILLIGAF
03-07-07, 10:47 PM
We get banned for starting forum fights here.Its ok when they shit on our boards.

The Tony Show
03-07-07, 10:55 PM
Martin Sports Car Club is having our Semi-Annual Mini-Prix at Gainesville Raceway on April 7th- Love to have you come out and see how the times compare. :thumbsup:

GMBOUND
03-07-07, 11:36 PM
We get banned for starting forum fights here.Its ok when they shit on our boards.

That's exactly what he did in a very politically correct manner! You just felt dirty while reading it but the kiss at the end made you fell alot better!

I wasn't suggestion a forum fight, just the "PC" posting of facts "TRUTH":thumbsup:

Ronsv
03-07-07, 11:38 PM
SRT 8 CTS V
Both great cars in their own ways, plain and simple.
0NESICKSRT8 thanks for posting, enjoy your ride :thumbsup:

Florian
03-08-07, 12:15 AM
well, lets hope we meet 1sick8....it will be my pleasure to kick your SRTs ass....and your cars are uglier, more prevalent, and heavier....kinda like the SRT Women. (Except, of course, Mrs. CVP, shes hot)

F

ctsvinman
03-08-07, 12:45 AM
I've done a SIDE by SIDE Dyno with an SRT8. My good buddy has an 06 Charger and we're going to swap cars one weekend... can't wait.

We dyno'd our cars same day back to back same dyno I think ast May and he was pretty much exactly 20Rwhp and 20Rwtq above me.

I put down 355Rwhp and he put down 370Rwhp
I put down 340Rwtq and he put down 360Rwtq

We also took our cars to Sears Point on drag night and he was .1 second quicker with a better 60ft time, but I was 1-2MPh faster up top. Who ever nails it first is going to win the race, very simple, that's it.

By the way.... I Love my V and I Love the SRT8 Chargers, the 300's.... just don't do it for me. I've had my V for almost 3 years, I only have 6 lease payments left. Not sure what I'll get next, but things are leaning towards and SRT8 vehicle. Either a Charger or a Jeep. Those Jeeps smoke about anything from 0-60.... I mean vehicles is this price range.

The only extra perk I might have is the Stealth V programming, other than that we both have CAI and the cars are stock suspension and everything else stock. I'm just more handsome.....:alchi: well, if my wife is drinking she'll agree.

VinMan out!

CIWS
03-08-07, 02:36 AM
My MIG-21UM is faster around the track, down the track, and at 20,000 feet over the track. Sorry I don't have any dyno numbers but the afterburner keeps burning down the garage. Plus it cost less to buy and have shipped here than the Cadillac or Chrysler.
:alchi:

http://www.ciws.info/ciwsmig.jpg

Drift-caddy
03-08-07, 07:52 AM
Hi. Im from the 300c forums. Im not hear to say anything bad or cause trouble. Just to state some facts. I was reading a thread on this website about a supercharged CTS-V vs. a stock 300c. I must say I love both vehicles!!! But the truth in dyno hp/trq to the wheels of a stock 300c SRT8 were talked about and never shown to you guys. Well here is my completly stock SRT8 dyno in SAE power to the wheels. Also if anyone wants to race me around a track, I'd love to show you what a 300C SRT8 can do. Im not saying either car is faster on the track but man it'll be close. The ESP system can be deactivated completely(not just pressing the esp button once on my vehicle). Thus, alowing a good driver to push the potentional much farther. Again I love the CTS-V and it was the second vehicle I looked at before I purchased my SRT8. Hope this is helpful for some info on the SRT8.

P.S. If your in the south florida area send me a pm and we can do a couple drag races and I have a pretty nice set of turns that we can go through to see how the cars do against each other. Thanks for your time.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/jaeice420/dynosheetsae.jpg

Maybe i should do a search, but is the srt8 a auto trans?? If so how did you prevent the car from downshifting on the dyno. Seems as if the coverted was locked and locked in gear. Never see a auto not down shift at that low of a rpm at wot. nice graph, btw what does your car run at the track???

rand49er
03-08-07, 09:18 AM
... a supercharged CTS-V vs. a stock 300c. ...Not sure about this comment ... had me confused.

Personally, I like the looks of the SRT vehicles (300C, Magnum, and Challenger). Very bold, aggressive, sorta in-your-face-fast looking.

Furthermore, as stated above, the calibration of dynos sure seems to be ill controlled at best with very poor consistency from dyno to dyno. This means the ONLY thing that's of any use whatsoever are results using the same dyno. Even then, I wouldn't trust comparisons unless done within a short time interval of each other.

thebigjimsho
03-08-07, 09:50 AM
We get banned for starting forum fights here.Its ok when they shit on our boards.Well then, let's fix their little red wagon!

LAM
BO
DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seattle CTS-V
03-08-07, 12:10 PM
Maybe i should do a search, but is the srt8 a auto trans?? If so how did you prevent the car from downshifting on the dyno. Seems as if the coverted was locked and locked in gear. Never see a auto not down shift at that low of a rpm at wot. nice graph, btw what does your car run at the track???

I'm sure it has a 'sport-shift' mode where you can select your gear. It wouldn't downshift then...

nikon
03-08-07, 12:20 PM
I'm in South florida...palm beach gardens, living in jupiter now though...I've been dying to go up against a 300c srt....lets meet up...Im stock except for a cat-back.....c'mon I'm thinkin indiantown in commerce park around 1am...you down?

theloanman219
03-08-07, 12:28 PM
Damn nikon git-r-dun! and get it on video so we can go to his forum and post it!

The Tony Show
03-08-07, 12:30 PM
Naw, come on Nikon.... I want him out at Gainesville so I can post a link to the lap times, recorded by calibrated timing equipment of him getting spanked around a road course by a V.

Wait- What am I saying? He's not going to do either. He's just trolling hoping to get us all riled up.

The gauntlet is down, buddy. If you're that confident in your car, bring it out to Gainesville and let's see if you can hang.

04CTSVFLA
03-08-07, 12:31 PM
Im In South Florida....tell Me Where And When.

nikon
03-08-07, 12:31 PM
^^we'll see south fl is big...he may be in mia...Im not drivin an hour for a race...but if he's close by :D theres only a couple srt300's around me...and it's all chicks drivin em :rolleyes: the men round these parts are drivin magnums :yawn: oh well, we shall see.

04CTSVFLA
03-08-07, 12:32 PM
Csp, Nikon, We Shall Make It An Srt Gang Bang Lol

Florian
03-08-07, 12:34 PM
My MIG-21UM is faster around the track, down the track, and at 20,000 feet over the track. Sorry I don't have any dyno numbers but the afterburner keeps burning down the garage. Plus it cost less to buy and have shipped here than the Cadillac or Chrysler.

http://www.ciws.info/ciwsmig.jpg

I DEMAND A RIDE! Ill even pay the JP4 tab for our adventure....Ill bring my own G-Suit and helmet.....I DEMAND A RIDE!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

F

CIWS
03-08-07, 12:37 PM
I DEMAND A RIDE! Ill even pay the JP4 tab for our adventure....Ill bring my own G-Suit and helmet.....I DEMAND A RIDE!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

F

HAHA what sucks is the back seat in the UM Migs. You cannot see shat in front of you, that's why they have that pop up mirror periscope for the rear seat.

Florian
03-08-07, 12:39 PM
HAHA what sucks is the back seat in the UM Migs. You cannot see shat in front of you, that's why they have that pop up mirror periscope for the rear seat.

Doesnt matter when youre inverted!

F

rand49er
03-08-07, 12:42 PM

http://www.ciws.info/ciwsmig.jpgThat thang gotta a hemi?

ctsvflorida
03-08-07, 12:44 PM
He's been called out and he never even responded, it's his first post so...that ends that! I may be going to Miami again shortly, e week or two, so here's another guy ready to go...me! If I am down there!

P.S. Almost seems like a classic CVP trick with another user name! Hmmmmm!

nikon
03-08-07, 12:56 PM
Csp, Nikon, We Shall Make It An Srt Gang Bang Lol

I havent hung out with chris in a while...dont think he's been on the boards in a while either...he's too busy makin money so he can buy a maggie :p..I'll give him a call this weekend..we should all hang out.

2002BlueWS6
03-08-07, 02:09 PM
Not sure why he is comparing a supercharged V to the 300SRT8. The supercharged V is going to kill it, no? Stock for stock I'm pretty sure the V still pulls on the SRT8 (barely) because of its weight advantage. Like 13.1 to a 13.3 for the SRT8.

Has anyone here raced an SRT8 from like 60-120? I raced one in my Roush stage II and he beat me pretty good but I feel like my V would have pulled on him. I still havent found one on the highway. :want:

odla
03-08-07, 02:25 PM
I raced a srt car b4 but i dont remember what it was. i know i was pulling on him pretty good. i cant say speed we were going because i was watching him get smaller and smaller lol

rand49er
03-08-07, 02:33 PM
Not sure why he is comparing a supercharged V to the 300SRT8. The supercharged V is going to kill it, no? Stock for stock I'm pretty sure the V still pulls on the SRT8 (barely) because of its weight advantage. Like 13.1 to a 13.3 for the SRT8.

Has anyone here raced an SRT8 from like 60-120? I raced one in my Roush stage II and he beat me pretty good but I feel like my V would have pulled on him. I still havent found one on the highway. :want:I thought I heard CVP say he ran a 12.9 in his. No stock V can do that.

austin
03-08-07, 02:37 PM
The Dyno Truth is that there is alot of cars that can out dyno a stock cts-v, and there are also alot of cars that can out dyno a stock Srt8.. It's a non stop numbers game.... And lets not forget that the weight of the car matters as well. You'll go alot faster down the 1/4 mile with 500hp in a 3,200lb car vs a 4,800lb car. :)

ctsvflorida
03-08-07, 03:56 PM

Has anyone here raced an SRT8 from like 60-120? I raced one in my Roush stage II and he beat me pretty good but I feel like my V would have pulled on him. I still havent found one on the highway. :want:

I ran a new Charger and a 300c on the highway a while back and it wasn't as close as I thought it would be! I literally ran away and that was before the headers and no cats! I posted it up at the time so you can find it somewhere but I do not remember when it was. The new Charger was literally destroyed but I give that one the benefit of the doubt as it was when they absolutely first came out and it had to be under 1000 mi. Probably needs a few miles for the computer to take it out of break in mode, if they have that in those cars. Granted, I had a stealth tune too but, how much can that be? The 300c was closer but not much closer.

I also ran a Hearse (magnum) from a dig and that was close, very close up till early third gear and then traffic and cops came and we got yanked! lol He had exhaust and cold air but we never got a chance to run a full run after the cops let us both go! I crawled away my way and he crawled his way and I never saw him again!

I was actually going to buy an srt8 for an everyday ride until issues came about and now I can't possibly afford it. Soon though!

DILLIGAF
03-08-07, 07:51 PM
How about we just lock all threads that contain SRT anything?Don't bother responding to this post mods,i'll never find this place again.Has it always been here?Again save it,i'll never find this place again.

2004ctsv
03-08-07, 10:15 PM
These Chrysler cars really have something going for them - they're soon going to known as cars from the car company that ain't around anymore. They'll rank up there with LaSalles and Nash Ramblers.:nyanya:

CVP33
03-13-07, 09:59 PM

The new auto-stick locks you in gear. You can bounce off the redline if you wish, I've done it while leaving 100ft. of molten rubber. Good fun! As for the track, consistent 13.1's at 106mph+. Repeatable and deadly reliable. Although running drag slicks will cost you a halfshaft or two or three. :thumbsup:

CVP33
03-13-07, 10:04 PM
I thought I heard CVP say he ran a 12.9 in his. No stock V can do that.

Not quite. If I were to ice the manifold, plenty of track prep and slicks maybe. 13.1's are attainable. I'd still like to run a local V if someone wants to have some fun. If I lose, I lose. I'll not to proud to admit a good beat down.

nyc_srt8
03-16-07, 01:25 PM
Hello everyone,

I am a srt8 own and from reading through this thread some of you believe the srt8 is guaranteed to lose in a drag race versus a cts-v. Now if you guys want to go by car and driver (not reliable) so be it. I have never dynoed my car but ran a 12.81 @108 bone stock and there is a few others that ran better.

I'm in the NYC area and would love to set up a run with one of you guys (cts or sts-v or both). Please don't make this into a back a forth forum argument. I'm not here for a pissing contest, just for some friendly runs. Whoever wants to step just up send me a PM. We will let the video speak.

Will

CVP33
03-17-07, 04:21 PM
Here's another point to consider. Chrysler just announced 0% financing for 72 months. A fully loaded SRT-8 with Opt. I, II, Sunroof, Kicker Sound System and NAV stickers at $47,895. With a little dealing you can get them down to $44K. I know as I'm working a deal as we speak. $611 payment - nice. :thumbsup:

AznPrydeRegalRyde
03-17-07, 04:46 PM
I'm sure it has a 'sport-shift' mode where you can select your gear. It wouldn't downshift then...Ive driven a charger srt8 and it would downshift on its own if you went wot in any gear, except 2nd.

CVP33
03-17-07, 04:56 PM
Ive driven a charger srt8 and it would downshift on its own if you went wot in any gear, except 2nd.

Then there was a problem with that charger. Once auto-stick is engaged, the car should hold the gear no matter what, including bouncing off the redline and will not upshift or downshift. Only vehicles that have been "reflashed" by the dealer (at owners request) will shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd at redline. BUT NONE will downshift on their own regardless of flash or no flash.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
03-17-07, 05:55 PM
Then there was a problem with that charger. Once auto-stick is engaged, the car should hold the gear no matter what, including bouncing off the redline and will not upshift or downshift. Only vehicles that have been "reflashed" by the dealer (at owners request) will shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd at redline. BUT NONE will downshift on their own regardless of flash or no flash.
Thats exactly what I thought! This one would shift down tho.

What gear can you start off from a dead stop?

CVP33
03-17-07, 11:31 PM
In auto-stick you can start in 2nd. You cannot shift out of auto-stick until you exceed 40 mph at which time you can shift up through 3rd, 4th, 5th and then out of auto-stick mode. You can also shift into neutral and then into drive to exit. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass, especially when you're in auto-stick mode and forget. Flooring it while stuck in 5th gear can be VERY embarrassing when you're trying to make a point.

thebigjimsho
03-18-07, 03:17 PM
Here's another point to consider. Chrysler just announced 0% financing for 72 months. A fully loaded SRT-8 with Opt. I, II, Sunroof, Kicker Sound System and NAV stickers at $47,895. With a little dealing you can get them down to $44K. I know as I'm working a deal as we speak. $611 payment - nice. :thumbsup:And be upside down for the next 4 years? Ah, no.

And I'd rather have a V for that price.:bouncy:

CVP33
03-18-07, 03:28 PM
And be upside down for the next 4 years? Ah, no.

And I'd rather have a V for that price.:bouncy:

If you finance over 36 month you're always upside down, whether in a Caddy or an SRT-8. The problem with the caddy is the amount you have to set aside for denied warranty repairs.

Anyway, the 0% for 72 months is free money, especially if your looking to keep the car for awhile. Even if you're not, your payment is being "fully" applied to principal so you're better off in the long and short run.

thebigjimsho
03-18-07, 06:41 PM
The problem with the caddy is the amount you have to set aside for denied warranty repairs.

Not for me. You make statements as though they are fact. In your case, sure. For most of us, not so.

CIWS
03-18-07, 06:48 PM
We just went to the Dallas car show and didn't see a single SRT vehicle there except for the Viper. No Magnum,Charger, 300, G.C. or Crossfire in the SRT flavor, very strange . I wouldn't make a move on any Chrysler vehicle until after the D/C board meet ( on April 4th ?) and see if Daimler does vote to drop Chrysler from the company name because if they do the dropping/selling of them will be next.

CIWS
03-18-07, 06:51 PM
I haven't even needed a warranty repair yet, much less to have it denied. Although I did have the growl from the diff that was solved after they replaced the fluid and re-lubed it according to the TSB. However the service advisor told me if it did ever return and I wanted to have the diff replaced just let them know and it would be no problem.

CVP33
03-18-07, 07:44 PM
Not for me. You make statements as though they are fact. In your case, sure. For most of us, not so.

You're right. Let me rephrase. The problem with owning both my 2004 and 2005 CTS-V's is the amount of money I had to set aside for denied warranty repairs. Also, the 45 days out of service was a real inconvenience as well. My experience with the SRT-8 after 31,000 miles has been stellar. This is in stark contrast to the horrible reliability, resale, dealer service and GM support I experienced with both my Cadillacs.

Thanks again,

Chris

thebigjimsho
03-19-07, 09:22 AM
You're right. Let me rephrase. The problem with owning both my 2004 and 2005 CTS-V's is the amount of money I had to set aside for denied warranty repairs. Also, the 45 days out of service was a real inconvenience as well. My experience with the SRT-8 after 31,000 miles has been stellar. This is in stark contrast to the horrible reliability, resale, dealer service and GM support I experienced with both my Cadillacs.

Thanks again,

ChrisLighten up Francis! Man, a few months with a Chrysler and you turn into an old fart. :bouncy:

CVP33
03-19-07, 06:03 PM
Lighten up Francis! Man, a few months with a Chrysler and you turn into an old fart. :bouncy:

First of all, ONLY Florian can call me Francis and only when we're doing our special wrestling move.

Secondly, I am beginning to feel old. :highfive:

Deuuuce
05-01-07, 05:44 PM
I've done a SIDE by SIDE Dyno with an SRT8. My good buddy has an 06 Charger and we're going to swap cars one weekend... can't wait.

We dyno'd our cars same day back to back same dyno I think ast May and he was pretty much exactly 20Rwhp and 20Rwtq above me.

I put down 355Rwhp and he put down 370Rwhp
I put down 340Rwtq and he put down 360Rwtq

We also took our cars to Sears Point on drag night and he was .1 second quicker with a better 60ft time, but I was 1-2MPh faster up top. Who ever nails it first is going to win the race, very simple, that's it.

By the way.... I Love my V and I Love the SRT8 Chargers, the 300's.... just don't do it for me. I've had my V for almost 3 years, I only have 6 lease payments left. Not sure what I'll get next, but things are leaning towards and SRT8 vehicle. Either a Charger or a Jeep. Those Jeeps smoke about anything from 0-60.... I mean vehicles is this price range.

The only extra perk I might have is the Stealth V programming, other than that we both have CAI and the cars are stock suspension and everything else stock. I'm just more handsome.....:alchi: well, if my wife is drinking she'll agree.

VinMan out!

You're such a doofus. Why didn't you disclose you also have the Corsa exhaust? That's 10hp for the SRT-8. Whatsa matter, didn't do much for yours?

Be sure to tell all the other old, fat men on here that you're considering a Mitsubishi Evo. LMAO!

See ya D.W. (dickweed).

Oh, where on here did you brag about pulling on me on Montague?

Deuuuce
05-01-07, 05:46 PM
Man those are good #'s,my 05 did 320rwhp stock.

Crummy dyno, massive heat soak, humidity or all 3. 99% dyno 360-375rwhp stock.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
05-21-07, 05:19 PM
First of all, ONLY Florian can call me Francis and only when we're doing our special wrestling move. :highfive: Who's faster to finish? :thepan:

^^^Yea, 320 seemed low. My father dyno'd at 349 iirc,all stock.

rblimas
06-06-07, 10:23 PM
they seem to be giving the cts-v some good rep:D

PS: its better to read the thread from the beginning or if your lazy just go to posts #29, #30, #31, #36, & #37

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/39034-2009-cts-v-600hp.html

CIWS
06-06-07, 10:26 PM
2nd post today.

Don't care about the 300C forums, No really, Don't care.

IBTM or L.

roadracerx72
06-06-07, 11:57 PM
I guess I cared enough to become a member on December 2005. Think I will post my first post.

CVP33
06-08-07, 11:17 PM
I wrote, starred in and directed this movie, so I already know how it ends. Let me know when you're done. :yawn:

Kadonny
06-11-07, 02:21 PM
Hey, I lined up against one the other night at the gas pump. I said to the guy "you know, we should run these 2 cars". He laughed, I saw his wife in the passenger seat, as we filled up we talked a bit. We both finished filling up roughly at the same time and headed for the exit, me in front of him.

I pull out rather slow, he pulls out behind me. I put my foot in it and I lose him in the rearview mirror.

All I can picture is his wife in the seat yippy yapping at him that he better not try to keep up.

Poor SRT owner, he needs to grow a pair.

CVP33
06-11-07, 09:27 PM
Hey, I lined up against one the other night at the gas pump. I said to the guy "you know, we should run these 2 cars". He laughed, I saw his wife in the passenger seat, as we filled up we talked a bit. We both finished filling up roughly at the same time and headed for the exit, me in front of him.

I pull out rather slow, he pulls out behind me. I put my foot in it and I lose him in the rearview mirror.

All I can picture is his wife in the seat yippy yapping at him that he better not try to keep up.

Poor SRT owner, he needs to grow a pair.

Unfortunately we haven't seen many credible SRT-8 vs. V runs. CTS or STS for that matter. There's another thread on 300Cforums regarding a STS-V encounter and the SRT-8 pulling away from him on multiple runs. Again, no video, no STS-V owner to validate the runs. I'd love to run a CTS-V or an STS-V. Can't find anyone local who wants to try. Oh well. I wait.

ctsvinman
06-12-07, 10:08 PM
Well folks.... the title is true, I joined the SRT8 crowd. I will say my 2005 CTS-V was a GREAT car :thumbsup: I did a 3-year lease that started in Aug 2004, so I'm inside the 3 month window and couldn't pass up a great deal.

I never had any problems with the car and I drove the CRAP out of it, I put 46k pain-free miles on it. Only problems were one of the NAV buttons chipped off and I did have some rear end clunk and the rear bushings were replaced, both things covered under warranty. Other than that.... great car and I'll be back when the 09' V's come out, it will probably be in 2010, I seem to keep cars about 3 years.

I looked at leasing an 07 V, but there is just no deals out there, nothing special, no rebates.... nothing.:mad:

I decided on a 2007 Charger becasue all Chargers have a $3500 rebate right now no matter if it's an RT or SRT8. This car has every option, Nav, etc.... and the interior is a little nicer than the V's in my opinion, I like the seats better and the car is a little bigger with more front seat, back seat and definatley more trunk space. With a growing family at home and many times I'm driving people around due to being in sales, the little bit larger vehicle is nice.

Total price out the door, I mean total including all tax's, fee's, etc.... was $41620, that's what I wrote a check for. Hard price to beat for a vehicle just as fast as the V. :highfive:

I'm turning in the V later this week, so it's last miles will come on Thursday or Friday. I'll miss it, but I look at it this way..... I'm trading in a Hot Blond model girlfriend for a Hot Victoria secrets Brunette girlfriend..... that's how I look at it. The New-ness of the SRT8 is great, But I'll get tired of banging her.... I mean driving her after a while.......:bouncy:

VinMan out...........

Anyone want a Stealth V intake tube......?

Jon
06-12-07, 10:13 PM
Sad to see ya go :(

How much for the intake tube?

gergreg
06-12-07, 10:44 PM
Why would you buy the Charger outright if you planned on getting a 2009 CTS-V? You seem like a lease kind of person as you said that you keep cars for three years. To me, it would seem that it would have made more sense to lease the charger...

CVP33
06-12-07, 11:14 PM
Welcome! If you plan on modding her (the car I mean) let me know. I can give you some advice from a year and a half of ownership, 40,000 trouble free miles, great vendors, great forums, etc. If you're impressed by the power now, wait until 5,000 miles are on the odometer. DCX has "break-in" software in these cars. You will have a new vehicle at 5,001 miles. Much, much more to discuss. Take care and PM if interested.

thebigjimsho
06-12-07, 11:20 PM
Welcome! If you plan on modding her (the car I mean) let me know. I can give you some advice from a year and a half of ownership, 40,000 trouble free miles, great vendors, great forums, etc. If you're impressed by the power now, wait until 5,000 miles are on the odometer. DCX has "break-in" software in these cars. You will have a new vehicle at 5,001 miles. Much, much more to discuss. Take care and PM if interested.You sound as excited as when you bought your Mercury Mistress...

Great forums???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

StealthV
06-12-07, 11:25 PM
That would be the one he got banned from eh?

Mod #1 - Rip out that slushbox and bolt up a T-56.

heavymetals
06-12-07, 11:26 PM
Hope you enjoy your new car.

I don't know if I will be buying the first year of any new model V, however I thought that when I bought my 05, they had the bugs worked out.:rolleyes:

The V forum is better anyway........

ctsvinman
06-12-07, 11:31 PM
gergerg,

problem leasing for me now, I drive 18k-20k miles per year. When I got the caddy I still had a 98 explorer. but with the V, the wifes Volvo the 70 Buick GSX and the 65 el camino.... I just didn't need the explorer anylonger. So leasing a car driving 18k+ is not a good option the residual sucks whether it's a V, an SRT8 or most any car, hence buying.

Plus, I'll keep it a solid 3 years, maybe 4.

CVP33..... I'll go look for you on the 300 forum, I'm already a fan favorite on the Charger forum with my 3rd grade humor.......:alchi:

CVP33
06-12-07, 11:40 PM
300C forum is dead. And I'm banned from there. Try LXforums, SRT8OC forums and SRT District Forums. Good guys, great advice. High Horse Performance is the vendor of choice. They just hooked me up on a few goodies and saved me about $200 bucks off everyone else's group buy prices. Good guys, ask for Josh. Take care and enjoy. :thumbsup:

V-Love
06-12-07, 11:55 PM
http://home.att.net/~kittycatfurballssounds/cats.html

wildwhl
06-13-07, 12:17 AM

Ww

Aresuu
06-13-07, 12:23 AM
Congrats on the Charger. Came to CTS-V from a 300M, and while not comparable to a CTS-V in any way, it was a very good owner experience.
(OK, That was the suck-up part of my post)

Love my V now though.
What do you want for the StealthV intake?
Tried to send PM, your box is full.

gergreg
06-13-07, 07:57 AM
I was considering a 300C SRT8 as I was impressed how Chrysler handled the problem with the brakes, the positive review of it by CVP, they're faster, and they have better rearends. However, I couldn't live with that dashboard, I wish Chrysler lifted the interior in addition to the suspension when they borrowed parts from the E-Class Benz. I hate the cheese wedge shaped key fobs too. The enormous wheels are nice though :D

The Tony Show
06-13-07, 08:52 AM
Tried to send you a PM about the intake tube, but it's full.

If you still have it, I'd like it. PM me.

ctsvinman
06-13-07, 01:07 PM
Sorry guys, I cleared my PM inbox.

The bigjimsho has first dibs, I figure I paid $250 for it and Steath doesn't make them anymore, so I was thinking it's worth $150 and I'll ship it to you and obviously no tax.

He's got first dibs, if he says no I'll POST here.

I also have brand new never taken out of the box Speakers for the front & rear. I'll Post the part numbers on the FOR SALE section when I get home later today.

VinMan out......

The Tony Show
06-13-07, 01:10 PM
In first if he says no..... :D

atdeneve
06-13-07, 01:20 PM
Vultures, I tell you. All vultures. The whole lot of ya.

Vin, you got my pm, right? Listen to what I tell you. Geev eet tu mee. Uvahn tu geev eet tu mee. Yes. YEs! YES!

ctsvinman
06-13-07, 02:38 PM
WOW... all this need for FFV.... I guess I should have done me research to realize this is an allocated non production piece worth some $$'s.... Maybe I'll raise the price......:rolleyes:

Just kidding. $150 is it. It's my going away present to some lucky V member.

StealthV
06-13-07, 03:09 PM
And it is FFV serial number 007 which is worth even more for those James Bond fans. :)

thebigjimsho
06-13-07, 04:20 PM
Do you know how frustrating it is to see the tube listed as discontinued on Rick's website? I'll definitely take it, sir! PayPal?

V-Love
06-13-07, 05:15 PM
Stealth,
Did you post the instructions to make your FFV somewhere? I thought I remember seeing it somewhere with parts list and all. I could be mistaken. I should have my base dyno done real soon.

odla
06-13-07, 06:15 PM
hey v love where are you getting you v dynoed?

VELOSE
06-13-07, 07:07 PM
ctsvinman, I hope you read up about the other serious problem the SRT8 Chargers are having. I guess there's some kind of sulfur appearing in the coolant resovoir tank. It can spread to the engine and cause a KABOOM!

I was recently interested in them too because of the phat rebate they have on them. However, the thought of taking into the dealer for that swayed me away. Not sure if they've found a solution for it but many owners are reporting that sulfur.

Good Luck....nice car.

wildwhl
06-13-07, 07:44 PM

Ww

I thought after I slept on it I would change my mind, but I didn't.

Arsehole.

WW

ctsvinman
06-13-07, 11:40 PM
It's called "Coolant Gunk" and Dodge seems to be taking care of the probelm quickly and swiftly :thumbsup: unlike GM when it comes to Rear ends.....Wheel Hop and the other annoying issues with the V....:tisk:

it took them so long to even respond.... just poor service in my opinion... :bigroll: This coming from me.... a Major GM guy!!!! You don''t think I bleed GM, see below.....

CTS-V (turning on on Friday)
70 Buick GSX
65 El camino
98 SS Camaro (sold)
96 4door Blazer (sold)
92 Pontiac Grand Prix (sold)
68 Buick GS 400 (wrecked....due to driving at 19 ((20 years ago)) while :alchi:

Dad has an 89 Corvette
Mom & Dad a Cadillac DeVille
Grandpa a Suburban and a Buick park ave....

Do you see the GM in my blood. Don't worry, I still have the GSX and the El Camino and I'll be back.....

VinMan out.....

thebigjimsho
06-13-07, 11:50 PM
My father had a Buick GS400 convertible. Sold it when he got married.

V-Love
06-14-07, 02:17 AM
hey v love where are you getting you v dynoed?

Still searching. I know there has to be a place south of exit 10 on the turnpike. I hate the Miami traffic.
I want to do an all StealthV V (intake and tune). Then re-dyno. That old post where they were arguing about tuners pops in my head every day. I will eventually post some results. My new rims and tire go on today.
P.M. me if you want dyno it up. Or meet up.
Sorry to thread jack.

VELOSE
06-14-07, 03:01 AM
VinMan, I'm glad you know about the coolant gunk. I was naive before. I used to buy a new car and sometimes ended up with a lemon or something close to it. From learning my lesson the second time around, I don't buy cars unless I've researched them on a forum. Looks like you've done the same.:thumbsup:

Now that Dodge is being proactive about finding a solution to the coolant gunk, I'm tempted to pick one up. I rented an RT Dodge Magnum and thought everything about it was great except for the soft suspension but, that can be easily modified. Also, since I don't need it to double for a track car anymore, it makes more sense for me to get. ;)

CVP33
06-14-07, 02:39 PM
Here are a few of the known flaws for the SRT-8's:

Gunk in the radiator fluid - FIX = TSB new radiator on request
Scoring brake rotors - FIX = TSB new slotted rotors and new pads on request.
1st gear to 2nd gear stumble - FIX = TSB reflash the TCM
Wrist Pin failure - FIX = Recall confined to a select group of VIN's. Motors immediately replaced, free of charge of course.

***None of the 2007 models have these issues as they have been addressed.

Here are a few of the known flaws for the CTS-V:

Wheel Hop - FIX = TSB for some squeaky ass plastic bushings
Weak differential - FIX = Blame the owner
NAV buttons peeling - FIX = Replace the entire NAV system if we have them in stock
Transmission hard to shift, won't go into reverse - FIX = Blame the owner
Radiators Leak - FIX = TSB replace the radiator if we have them in stock
Parking Brake goes to the floor and won't hold car - FIX = That's the way it's supposed to be
Parade Clunk - FIX = That's the way it's supposed to be
Clutch Failure - FIX = TSB replace clutch assembly
Motor Mount Failure - FIX = replace after blaming owners

Can anyone think of any others for either car?

thebigjimsho
06-14-07, 02:58 PM
Yep, there's a German TSB. It calls for fixing a bleeding hemhorroid. Daimler jettisons Chrysler, for a nominal cost...

thebigjimsho
06-14-07, 03:01 PM
I would guess I could safely buy a Chrysler product over the next 5 years before they sink back to the same worthless piles of dung that we've all grown up to accept...

CVP33
06-14-07, 03:06 PM
I would guess I could safely buy a Chrysler product over the next 5 years before they sink back to the same worthless piles of dung that we've all grown up to accept...

Yeah the old Chryslers and Cadillacs were awful. I've have surprisingly good luck with my last three Chryslers:

2002 LHS - 119,000 miles and zero issues
2006 300C SRT-8 - 31,000 miles and zero issues
2006 300C SRT-8 - 7,000 miles and zero issues

Now the Caddy's were awful (45 days in the service center in less than 30,000 miles and 9 months). Funny how times have changed. I am glad that I got a 2006 though while Mercedes still had a hand in development and reliability engineering. I think Chrysler probably has 3 more good model years left and then they're done.

The Tony Show
06-14-07, 04:35 PM
:Poke:

CopperHead
06-14-07, 05:22 PM
:Poke:

Hey...that's the wife's new car...Super Bee # 127. I like that black-out hood :thumbsup:

CVP33
06-14-07, 07:14 PM
Hey, Mercedes sloppy seconds are better than Caddy's sloppy shifters and sloppy rear suspension setups. :thumbsup:

blown65
06-15-07, 12:35 AM
lol, I never thought I'd get another Chrysler product but I traded off my CTS-V for a Jeep SRT-8. Got the B&B (Loud version) on it and a Volant already.

My caddy was great, never had any of the dreaded issues like many had. (except for the pealy radio buttons) Rear held up the entire 30k miles. :)

Really enjoying the Jeep right now, its a monster off the line.

roman371
06-15-07, 11:37 PM
I rented an RT Dodge Magnum and thought everything about it was great except for the soft suspension but, that can be easily modified. Also, since I don't need it to double for a track car anymore, it makes more sense for me to get. ;)

Velose, you will find that the SRT suspension is a huge upgrade over the RT's (look at the skidpad #s of the R/T vs. the SRT). Also, after driving all three SRT's at the track, you will find that the Charger SRT is firmer than the other SRT vehicles, but not by a huge margin.

CVP33
06-15-07, 11:40 PM
You still need KW V2's and Hotchkis Sways to hang with the V's in the corners. But on the straights, it's no problem. From a standstill it's really no contest but that's not the V's game.

CVP33
06-15-07, 11:41 PM
For Tony.

The Tony Show
06-16-07, 12:05 AM
For Tony.

Awww, thanks. Here's another for you.

CVP33
06-16-07, 12:08 AM
Here's another Tony. :thumbsup:

The Tony Show
06-16-07, 12:11 AM
I can keep this up all night.

CVP33
06-16-07, 12:23 AM
Me too, but you've already seen all these.

crowan
06-16-07, 12:42 AM
Well guys, add me to the list of SRT8 converts. My lease was coming to an end and I wanted a hotrod that could also serve as a business vehicle. I went with the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

My V was a fantastic ride; incredible fun and never a single problem. However, the GC SRT8 allows me to combine my two cars (V and a GC 5.7) into one all-purpose, all-weather, fun/business vehicle. I love the new Jeep and the big Hemi is one monster motor. It handles and stops way beyond expectations and the acceleration is awesome.

So far, the only drawbacks are that (1) the Jeep's gas gauge goes down faster than my ex-wife at a biker bar and, (2) the GC SRT8 forum is dull as dishwater compared to what I am used to here.

Even though it was time for me to make a change, the V was one of my favorite cars of all time.

C

JimmyH
06-16-07, 12:47 AM
Those are awesome Tony, keep it up! I love the slushbox one...

CVP33
06-16-07, 12:49 AM
0-60 in 4.5 seconds wet or dry.
1/4 mile times in the low 13's.

ALL good fun! And the damned thing will handle too! You've probably already seen this video of a Jeep SRT-8 vs. a new Z06 but in case you haven't:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6994831322554432331&q=SRT-8+vs.+Z06&total=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

CVP33
06-16-07, 12:59 AM
CIWS,

Thanks for the feedback. You're the man. :thumbsup:

lawfive
06-16-07, 12:59 AM
ctsvinman...

raider fans... go figure!

lol

V-Love
06-16-07, 01:06 AM
This thread hurts my feelings and should be locked. Your all talking about cars other than V's. A f'in Jeep in the V forum. C'mon. Its not even a car. You all joined the SRT8 club. Get outta here. Whats the problem? Having withdrawal symptoms?
URB, are you joining the SRT8 crew too?

lawfive
06-16-07, 01:17 AM
Hey hey... these guys are buddies. WTF??

roman371
06-16-07, 01:19 AM
This thread hurts my feelings and should be locked. Your all talking about cars other than V's. A f'in Jeep in the V forum. C'mon. Its not even a car. You all joined the SRT8 club. Get outta here. Whats the problem? Having withdrawal symptoms?

Don't be hurt. Alot of enthusiast speak objectively about all types of cars in all types of forums. Enthusasiast also try to avoid the 'fanboy' behavior that taints many forums.

JimmyH
06-16-07, 01:25 AM
There is nothing wrong with SRTs guys. Even if they are leftover E-class, they are (mostly) well planned and executed. With Diamler off the planning charts now though, maybe the next generation can get a real transmission! (with a clutch that is...)

Having said that though: (we all know who really rules)

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/cyasrt.jpg

heavymetals
06-16-07, 03:04 AM
It hasn't been moved because it offers some entertainment and the SRT8 guys have no one to post with.

Funny how they have to come here to brag about their cars.:confused:

OldRoadDawg
06-16-07, 03:29 AM
Well guys, add me to the list of SRT8 converts ... C
So this is why you haven't posted in 8 months :tisk:
But at least you, like CVP33, realize V owners are way-y-y more :cool:

CIWS
06-16-07, 08:44 AM
It hasn't been moved because it offers some entertainment and the SRT8 guys have no one to post with.

Funny how they have to come here to brag about their cars.:confused:

It also obviously bothers posters in this forum as well. If you want to keep it here then at least stay consistant with the way things have been handled in the past and combine it with the "entertaining" toynob thread where it belongs to be "entertaining" in the V forum.

crowan
06-16-07, 09:21 AM
So this is why you haven't posted in 8 months :tisk:
But at least you, like CVP33, realize V owners are way-y-y more :cool:

Actually, I started a new job 8 months ago and it has been kicking my ass from a time management standpoint. I haven't had much time for the forum. I just picked up the Jeep 2 months ago.

To those who wonder why I would still follow the V forum after buying an SRT8, I have a simple answer. I am a performance car nut and I absolutely loved my V. I would consider buying a new one in the future but, at this point in time, I needed different features.

Also, this is, by far, the most entertaining and informative forum on the web. Between this and the FAQ site, no other car site can come close.

The fact that I bought a new toy with a different brand is not a slam on Vs. Long live the V!

OldRoadDawg
06-16-07, 09:31 AM
Hey... Carl great to see you posting. Missed some of your 'deep and insightful' commentary.
Enjoy the GC

urbanski
06-16-07, 09:35 AM

no
i should have moved or deleted this sooner.

i truly am sick as shit of the trolling and SRT8 pimping.
leave already...and you know who i mean.

CIWS
06-16-07, 09:46 AM
CIWS,

Thanks for the feedback. You're the man. :thumbsup:

You act like a forum Troll and you're going to get even more. Expect it as long as you keep the crap up. Enough has been enough. It makes it pretty easy to understand why you've been banned in other forums now.

The Tony Show
06-16-07, 01:04 PM
Only because I'm bored at work:

thebigjimsho
06-16-07, 09:30 PM
My butt itches...

PHATCAD
06-19-07, 05:42 PM
Confucius Says Man Who Go To Bed WITH Itchy Butt Wake Up With Stinky Fingers

Kadonny
06-20-07, 09:18 AM
0-60 in 4.5 seconds wet or dry.
1/4 mile times in the low 13's.

ALL good fun! And the damned thing will handle too! You've probably already seen this video of a Jeep SRT-8 vs. a new Z06 but in case you haven't:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6994831322554432331&q=SRT-8+vs.+Z06&total=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

That video sucks. What's up with the Jeep and all the screwing around while the Z owner just sits there and waits. Forward, backward, forward, backward. It almost looks like the truck stalled on him or something at one point.

Then the actual run all you see is the Jeep getting early traction and then nothing else. No times, no finish nothing, the camera work on the run is worthless. Anything could have happened in that race.

The Tony Show
06-20-07, 10:03 AM
That video sucks. What's up with the Jeep and all the screwing around while the Z owner just sits there and waits. Forward, backward, forward, backward. It almost looks like the truck stalled on him or something at one point.

Then the actual run all you see is the Jeep getting early traction and then nothing else. No times, no finish nothing, the camera work on the run is worthless. Anything could have happened in that race.

How dare you bring logic into this discussion- that video is concrete proof that the SRT-8 is teH RoxxoRzz!!111!

:rolleyes:

The Tony Show
06-20-07, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see that as well. 04ctsvfl has shared several stories of runs against SRT 300s, but again- no video, no SRT owner. The only video I've seen is the one where the CTS-V owner is hitting the brakes in between shifts, so that doesn't even count because the tool can't drive.

Can't we get something set up at a drag strip, or on a highway from a roll? There's got to be someone who's near you, Chris.

JimmyH
06-20-07, 01:05 PM
You know, I get the 300C SRT, the Charger SRT, hell, even the Neon SRT. What I do not get is the Jeep SRT and especially the Ram SRT. What is the point of a fast SUV and fast pickup?

PHATCAD
06-20-07, 04:18 PM
My butt itches...

thebigjimsho
06-20-07, 07:10 PM
:nothing2add:

JimmyH
06-20-07, 07:51 PM
Alright, yall need to cool it with the words itch, butt, fingers, and stinky. Those words should NOT all be found in one thread.

Kadonny
06-22-07, 09:55 AM
Sorry Tony, my bad. Teh SRT8 does roxorzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

All I can say is the only chance I had to give one a little run, the guy completley pansied out. The guy did have his wife with him, but still the SRT nameplate took a hit in mybook anyway ;)

PHATCAD
06-22-07, 10:18 AM
:bs:

:nothing2add:

Actually I do having a CTS, SRT8, C6 and an Avalanche the best of all worlds love each one for different reasons.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/HEMIBYU/DSC01260.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/HEMIBYU/106060727109_0_ALB.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/HEMIBYU/DSC01348.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/HEMIBYU/DSC01330.jpg

TBSS
06-28-07, 12:37 AM
Can't we get something set up at a drag strip, or on a highway from a roll? There's got to be someone who's near you, Chris.

I would bet on the 300srt. I was at the track last week and saw both cars run. The Sts-V was running for the second week in a row, and could only muster consistent 13.7's. This track is generally 3/10's slower than a well prepped track and has higher elevation. A friend of mine borrowed his neighbors 300srt and only got one pass. He ran a 13.8 and spun halfway down the track due to being unfamiliar with the car. His 60' was a 2.29 so it should have a had a much better e/t. I never got to see the times of the other 300 running that night. I expected more from the Sts-V.