: STS-V Steering Wheel Question

gergreg
03-07-07, 06:02 PM
I have a CTSV and I hate how the wheel feels, it just feels kinda thin and thus chinzy. Does anyone know if the STS-V steering wheels are thicker bolstered? I would love to swap if they are.

Davidstan
03-07-07, 06:45 PM
I have owned both cars and they seem the same.

Kadonny
03-08-07, 08:38 AM
Contrary to David's opinion, I feel for sure the STS-V wheel is much thicker. I noticed it right away when I went from my CTS-V to the STS-V. The STS had the heated wheel, so they need more space in there for the heater.

That being said, I don't think the 2 would be compatible. The controls are totally different on the buttons and again the STS-V has a heated wheel.

Good luck if you try, let us know.

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 04:47 PM
Much improved on this thread. It took 42 minutes for a response and no hissy fit. Patience is a virtue.

GM-4-LIFE
04-19-07, 04:51 PM
Contrary to David's opinion, I feel for sure the STS-V wheel is much thicker. I noticed it right away when I went from my CTS-V to the STS-V. The STS had the heated wheel, so they need more space in there for the heater.

That being said, I don't think the 2 would be compatible. The controls are totally different on the buttons and again the STS-V has a heated wheel.

Good luck if you try, let us know.

I agree! I went from a 2006 CTS-V to a 2007 STS-V and I too noticed how much better the steering wheel felt when I got behind the wheel my first time.

SG

Davidstan
04-22-07, 02:56 PM
i retract what i said earlier. it is thicker now that i've thought about it. like kadonny said probably the heater elements.

z06bigbird
04-25-07, 11:04 PM
DTS wheel is neatest feel.