: We can make DVDs work, but can we crack the NAV?

RamAir02
03-07-07, 12:09 PM
I know that we can watch DVDs while driving, which is really no use to me because I think its pretty dangerous and wouldn't trust myself driving while a movie was playing right next to me.

So I got to thinking, maybe there are some useful things that can come out of this. Maybe if there is a way to get into the DIAG menu or somethin we would be able to figure it out.

Two things that I was thinking, that are quite annoying, are: 1. Is there any way to turn off the "AGREE" screen everytime you try to use the map? and 2. Is there any way to use the route guidance while driving?

This thread may draw no answers, but maybe it will make you guys think! :lol: :thepan:

Just brainstorming some ideas/small things that bother me...

jnrandall
03-07-07, 02:07 PM
Not to be a killjoy, but I believe that using route guidance while the car is rolling is worse that watching a movie while driving. Whenever I need to put in a route while I am driving, I just pull over and do it. Unless I am in a scenario like Keanu in "Speed", there's no real reason I need to drive and try to map a new or existing course.

This is just my opinion.

With respect to the Agree prompt, I agree 100%. :)

RamAir02
03-07-07, 02:41 PM
:lol: I agree with you, but what about when I have a passenger in the car? Watching a movie is distracting, but if my passenger was changing the route or entering a route it wouldn't bother me at all.

jnrandall
03-07-07, 02:45 PM
:lol: I agree with you, but what about when I have a passenger in the car? Watching a movie is distracting, but if my passenger was changing the route or entering a route it wouldn't bother me at all.

I see your point! :thumbsup:

ahahnu
03-07-07, 05:09 PM
I just bought Borat for my road trip! I hate our Nav system. Yeah it has a cool map and all, but everytime I try the street never comes up. It can never find the town I'm looking for. I never use the route calculation as its a PITA.

Seattle CTS-V
03-07-07, 06:29 PM

Yeah, how hard would it have been to let the NAVI receive a signal from the passenger seat's airbag trigger to allow use of the NAVI by a passenger??

heavymetals
03-07-07, 06:34 PM
My information is that the nav system is based on Windows CE.

I know the bios is flashable but good luck setting up a com port and hacking it.

jdawg757
10-01-07, 04:22 PM
Here are the simple instructions on how to use your navigation system while the car is in drive:

1. With the GPS already in map mode, select the ROUTE button.

2. At this point if you are in motion, only the “ROUTE PREFERENCES” option will be available. Now hold your finger in lower-right corner of the screen for about 8 seconds. There is a hidden button there.

3. You will hear a beep and be presented with a menu that has ten options. Select the RUN button, it will remain highlighted. I don’t know if this is a defect just on my unit or they are all like this, but my “RETURN” button is partially underneath the clock. It is very tricky, but if you slide your finger upward while pressing the screen, you can select the RETURN button. This may take some practice if your system is the same as mine. Warning: Don’t mess around with any option unless you know what you’re doing.
You have been warned!

4. At this point you should see all the navigation options while the car is in motion. Your passenger can now input an address or POI while you’re driving and keeping your eyes on the road ;- )

You don't need to be in motion to unlock the hidden options but you will have to repeat these steps each time you start the car.

Dislclaimer: I am not responsible for YOUR actions.

svassh
10-01-07, 04:28 PM
Any of these NAV systems look familiar?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://personal.bgsu.edu/~nberg/chilabs/naiasimages/148-LCDnoheater.jpg&imgrefurl=http://personal.bgsu.edu/~nberg/chilabs/naias4.htm&h=400&w=357&sz=35&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=pFgFkrcSbT165M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcracked%2Bnav%2Bsystem%26svnum%3D10%2 6um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

nikon
10-01-07, 04:39 PM
Here are the simple instructions on how to use your navigation system while the car is in drive:

1. With the GPS already in map mode, select the ROUTE button.

2. At this point if you are in motion, only the “ROUTE PREFERENCES” option will be available. Now hold your finger in lower-right corner of the screen for about 8 seconds. There is a hidden button there.

3. You will hear a beep and be presented with a menu that has ten options. Select the RUN button, it will remain highlighted. I don’t know if this is a defect just on my unit or they are all like this, but my “RETURN” button is partially underneath the clock. It is very tricky, but if you slide your finger upward while pressing the screen, you can select the RETURN button. This may take some practice if your system is the same as mine. Warning: Don’t mess around with any option unless you know what you’re doing.
You have been warned!

4. At this point you should see all the navigation options while the car is in motion. Your passenger can now input an address or POI while you’re driving and keeping your eyes on the road ;- )

You don't need to be in motion to unlock the hidden options but you will have to repeat these steps each time you start the car.

Dislclaimer: I am not responsible for YOUR actions.

you joined october 2005....this is your first post....and it doesn't pertain to our cars....we don't have touch screen....... :confused: