: Just bought my V! Where do I find a Volant Cai?

STAGEUP
03-07-07, 10:45 AM
Hi guys! Im a new proud owner of a 2005 Black on Black CTS-V. I traded my 2005 GTO in for the V, and so far, I aint looking back!:thumbsup: The car is better than I imagined! The guys at work were giving me crap because Im 27 and I drive a four door caddy. :rant2:

Anyway, I do my own tuning on vehicles, and just ordered my HPT credits. Now Im looking for a Volant cai. I like the Volant because it is totally sealed, and keeps under the hood temps out. I also just ordered a BMR Anti wheel hop kit since I notice a little hop if I shift quickly into 2nd gear. Now I just need to find a place to mount my wideband. Hmm..

Thank you for any info!

RamAir02
03-07-07, 10:49 AM
Talk about MOD FEVER!!! :lol:a

stkshkr
03-07-07, 11:03 AM
Congrats and welcome!

Staxxin
03-07-07, 12:37 PM
Hi guys! Im a new proud owner of a 2005 Black on Black CTS-V. I traded my 2005 GTO in for the V, and so far, I aint looking back!:thumbsup: The car is better than I imagined! The guys at work were giving me crap because Im 27 and I drive a four door caddy. :rant2:

Anyway, I do my own tuning on vehicles, and just ordered my HPT credits. Now Im looking for a Volant cai. I like the Volant because it is totally sealed, and keeps under the hood temps out. I also just ordered a BMR Anti wheel hop kit since I notice a little hop if I shift quickly into 2nd gear. Now I just need to find a place to mount my wideband. Hmm..

Thank you for any info!

:welcome: I sent you a PM... I have slightly used one I'm willing to part with.

Luna.
03-07-07, 01:07 PM
:welcome:

My advice on a Volant CAI? Save your dinero...

STAGEUP
03-07-07, 01:28 PM

My advice on a Volant CAI? Save your dinero...

Hmm, that is what they told me about my GTO Volant, and I gained whp. On almost any CAI, it is wise to tune the pcm for the extra airflow. Otherwise, a cai wont really show an increase in power.

Staxxin, you got mail!

keeksv
03-07-07, 01:39 PM
[quote=STAGEUP;1005068]Hmm, that is what they told me about my GTO Volant, and I gained whp. On almost any CAI, it is wise to tune the pcm for the extra airflow. [quote]
How much did you gain; and compared to what--stock with tune or just plain stock?

The stock airbox works pretty well +/- a drop-in filter. The main problem that others have found is the constricting tube between the airbox and TB.

My Volant is sitting in the garage on the bench but is of no use to you unless you have a supercharger.

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

rand49er
03-07-07, 02:56 PM

I sold my Volant, and I ain't lookin' back. :thumbsup:

zman1
03-07-07, 06:53 PM
i just put on a B&B and soon a CAI. How can I tune the PCM

STAGEUP
03-08-07, 01:59 AM
I tune with Hp Tuners. The software can be found here....

www.hptuners.com

RobertCTS
03-08-07, 06:49 AM
Premier Truck, a forum vendor has good prices on the Volant.

opps..no longer a vendor. Sorry.

Kurlee Daddee
03-09-07, 09:24 AM

I got the same type of crap from my co-workers about ditching my SRT-4 for a CTS-V 4-door Cadillac. Just tell them to line up their car against yours. End of discussion. BTW. I am 33.

austin
03-09-07, 10:36 AM
I'm very happy with the Volant... Although, i'm useing just the air tube alone from the kit. The air flows much better than the accordian shaped one that they use for the stock air tube. Since StealthV discontinued his air tube, i felt this was the only way to go... I also modded, and opened up my stock air cleaner box's inlet to let far more cold air in through the front grille.... This made alll of the differance!

Just to be clear.... This is not my mod, and not my photo(s). Use a BLACK colored funnel, not a red one, that is only so you can see the mod. The retangle hole needs to be cut out to the right, because behind it is the entrance to the 2nd half of the stock air box's inlet. It is blocked from the factory. It is very thin plastic, an exacto knife will cut right through it.

Reguardless, wheather your keeping the stock air box, or replacing it with the Volant. This mod will let more cold air into either setup. At the very least, you should cut the retangle hole open.... Yup, front grille has to come out! :)